GreaseSpot Cafe

since you're all so shy

excathedra

Excathedra,

What do you mean when you say "admire"?

I think it's a little too indirect. Why not redo the poll, and use the word "worship".

Then of course I'll vote "yes".

By the way, I just finished setting up a shrine in my living room; does anyone have an extra Bronze Statue I can put there and worship?

LMAO

quote:
By the way, I just finished setting up a shrine in my living room; does anyone have an extra Bronze Statue I can put there and worship?

I am surprised that it took you this long to make your shrine. Hmmmmm living room what an interesting place to put your shrine, that way you can worship while channel surfing.

Maybe you can get an extra Bronze Statue on Ebay.

i would personally like to have the lifesize statuettes. when the got rome city they had a bunch of catholic? stuff they were trying to dispose of. i think they were trying to sell it. anyone know about this? statuettes, signs ov da kross etc. the announcement was made during the meeting. cant remember who made it. they came up with statuettes of vp but i cant remember when but id like to request the lifesze one if thed give it to me. good yard ornament,scarecrow,decoy,optical illusion, or whatever. i saw an elvis shrine one time. we were at a guitar show selling guitars wed bought and went to this guys room during break. part of his elvis shrine was like xmas lights and over the lites were little plastic elvis heads. plus he had a cross and a skull and some feathers n such. i thought the elvis lights were so cool. wow ya really got me going about shrines.

marywonni

Ever see one of those movies where you become sympathetic, and cheer for the bad guy?

Well, sometimes I kind of "admire" the crook or the con that can "get away with it". I admit it.

I was really searching and trying to find some way that I could possibly "admire" V.P. Weirwille. He "got away with it" for years.

But, TWI wasn't the movies. - The damage was real, and the victims were real, and the pain was real.

No admiration here.

I tried. Oh well.

Goeymail.gif

Actually Oldiesman you may or may not be joking, but a few people, I understand, used to carry VPW's picture around with them in their wallet or purse. Many homes of TWI followers had VPW's picture framed in their living rooms. Also I think I recall TWI came out with a small statue of VPW and sold it for a while. Do you still have yours?

I know you have taken a lot of grief for being a VPW apologist or whatever. I have not read many of your posts so maybe you are and I have missed it.

I do gather that you still believe in some or perhaps a LOT of TWI/VPW's doctrine. I am about as far away from TWI doctrine as I can get. However, if its what works for you for now, great.

I could not and would not fault you for having a belief system that works for you any more than I would fault any other Christian, Jew, Muslem, etc. I may disagree and argue points with you, but that is another matter.........

I thought your post was funny and I think it is great that you can have a sense of humor about the whole mess.

quote:
Many homes of TWI followers had VPW's picture framed in their living rooms. Also I think I recall TWI came out with a small statue of VPW and sold it for a while. Do you still have yours?

Mark, I never got one of those statues, unfortunately, but I'd love to have one if they exist.

By the way, I do have a really nice photo of Dr. & Mrs. Wierwille hanging up in my kitchen right now.

And it ain't coming down anytime soon.

There's Sara, JP, Mary. . .

There was Don, and so many children.

There was Reuben, too.

I just continue to hope that the bad, going the way of all bad things, is far overshadowed by the goodness which can come in spite of the vile example set by vpw.

Hopefully still,

Kit Soberangelkit.gif

You reap what you sow.

What I posted above was meant to be a joke.

You have been rude since you got here. You came in to GS with both guns a blazzing. On your very first post, I welcomed you to GS and told you that others might not agree with your point of view. You ignored me. Not even so much as a hello.

You can worship, respect, say ten prayers a day to VP, I could care less. Just don't insult others cause they think he was a total a$$. Like I said before, a hundred years from now, no one will remember that stupid little cult in Ohio. VP who?

Oldiesman -

I really do mean this in the nicest way - really - I am not being a cynic or sarcastic when I say:

From all reports TWI is returning to its Weirwille roots now that LCM is gone - perhaps you should go back. Or perhaps you should look into CFF - run by John Shoyer and Wayne Clapp - they also use VPW's doctrine quite frequently, plus they are a pretty good organization - if you yearn for the "old" days of TWI. They don't float my boat personally - but then I believe a great deal of error exists in the PFAL belief system. But that is my take from my experiences.

As I said - I am not joking, I am not being a smart alek.... but if you admire the man so much you should investigate these groups.

Waygone

None of the above.

I admire the loving things I observed him doing and that he did for me and my child and my parents. I am ashamed for his sake, and sorrowful for others' sakes, of the things he did that were not worthy of someone who'd gained so many people's trust.

Linda Z