GreaseSpot Cafe

Homosexuality is not a sin against God

God first

Beloved jen-o

God loves you my dear friend

yes nature design because I see only one sin against God which is blaspheme against the Holy Ghost

God does not like any sin because he wants the best for us

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

year2027,

While I agree that we should not hate homosexuals, or any other type of sinner, I must disagree with your idea that there is only one sin against God. Gen. 39:9 refers to someone sinning against God, and there are several references to sinning against "The LORD" (i.e., YHVH, Jehovah, Yahweh, however you choose to say it). I don't think the Bible makes a distinction between sins against God and sins agaisnt nature.

However, I heartily agree with you that we are to love people, even if we don't like what they do. We all sin, and we should hate sin just as God does, but He loves the sinner, as we should do so as well.

God first

Beloved Mark Clarke

you might see it different if you study that word for sin I look a fast look but a study might teach us both alot not saying I would not change my view just maybe we could look deeper

sin G2398. chata', khaw-taw'; a prim. root; prop. to miss; hence (fig. and gen.) to sin; by infer. to forfeit, lack, expiate, repent, (causat.) lead astray, condemn:--bear the blame, cleanse, commit [sin], by fault, harm he hath done, loss, miss, (make) offend (-er), offer for sin, purge, purify (self), make reconciliation, (cause, make) sin (-ful, -ness), trespass.

then asked yourself is a trespass, offends, harm, blame, and others words fit better?

Genesis 39:9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and (sin) against God?

Gen 40:1 And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had (offended) their lord the king of Egypt.

Gen 42:22 And Reuben answered them, saying, Spake I not unto you, saying, Do not (sin) against the child; and ye would not hear? therefore, behold, also his blood is required.

Gen 43:9 I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever:

Gen 44:32 For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever.

but glad we can agree on love

thank you

Love is definitely agreed upon.

I think the realy issue is, what do we consider sin to be?? Because sinning against someone or something is not necessarily a bad thing. Sinning against Buddha is not necessarily bad unless you hold Buddha in high regard.

I mean, there are a number of different words used in the Christian bible, or even Hebrew texts, and each means something different.. From the Hebrew word 'chata'h' which is the ol missing the mark kind of understanding, which can be accidental or unintentional going against what one says, to the Hebrew word 'avon' usually 'iniquity' or those that purposefully try and bend and twist what one says to do what they want, to downright pesha which is rebellion and just doing what you want to do and ignoring what someone else says.

Notice that the meaning has more to do with who said it and with what weight and authority we put on their words or rules or direction given. Then the question become not necessarily one of is it sin, but of what authority we place on what God says? Even if he doesn't say it is wrong. Are we trying to twist His words to say he didn't because we want to, then it's 'avon' against God. Do we care less whether he said it, then it's 'pesha' against God. Or maybe we just didn't know and never really looked at the matter and maybe in fact he did say not to be homosexual, then it would be 'chata'h' against God...

Needless to say, God says he is willing to forgive any and all of that. Love and mercy are definitely available.

And for those who hold to their belief that God never said it is wrong. You have many Christian brothers/sisters who believe he did. And lest you think that doesn't matter, you only have 1 Corinthians 8 to say otherwise, but then that's only if you even care what God has said, because if not, it's 'pesha' (sin) against God anyways. And so, all have sinned and fallen short. Yet we have an advocate and a redeemer to fix that, for those who do care.

God first

Beloved TrustAndObey

sinning against Buddha could bad mouthing the men who once live which would be bad to the men but destroying the stone image of Buddha could be a blessing to the men who once lived

yes the issue is what do we consider sin to be? but its also what or who the action of sin is against?

when my mother told me not to touch the hot stove it was not because it would hurt her but because she care about me and didn't want to see me get hurt

it would me who would get burnt not my mother so the not obeying is against me she not hurt but she upset and unhappy at me getting burnt

this is how God see homosexual and many other things against natural he does want us to hurt ourself

Like the mother makes the pain feel better God makes all feel better that we do to hurt ourself

think of God like the caring mother story

my understanding does not come from deep research but it comes from long talks with God to help me do the U-tube above

thank you