GreaseSpot Cafe

Claud*tte R. how did she feel about what was going on?

fooledagainII

What I know about Claud*tte R@y*l you could write on an a grain of rice.

I always enjoyed her singing and sat in on her sharing at a Word in Business workshop once in IL but that's about all I know about her. She appeared to be pretty nice (I think she was ordained... I don't know if that was through TWI) but I often wonder what (if any) part she played in the things that were happening. I like to believe she was not involved but she was there for so long, she would have to known sooner or later what was going on.

She such a stand out figure in the way (in my opinion, of course).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that she wouldn't pursue a career in music somehow, at least teaching if not performing.

As I recall, she was having some problems with her throat for at least a couple of years before I left (85-86). As a person who has had more than one throat surgery (and been told by doctors not to try singing because of it), I can understand how that might contribute to her doing something other than singing.

As I recall, she was having some problems with her throat for at least a couple of years before I left (85-86). As a person who has had more than one throat surgery (and been told by doctors not to try singing because of it), I can understand how that might contribute to her doing something other than singing.

Yes I think she had throat surgery around in late eighties when she was in MD and then again in GA sometime in late nineties?

I'm with Excie. Who cares what she thinks? It seems there is some sort unexplained admiration for the woman. I don't know; maybe it's because she was somewhat of a celebrity?? I worked with her, and she didn't impress me. I kind of thought she was snobby. I think she was conceited in her celebrity status in the cult. That's just my 2 cents. I hope Jesus doesn't beat me over the head for my 2 cents.

Edited by Nottawayfer

From what I understand, she's still with twi...

That's also my understanding... and besides the fact that we shouldn't care what she thinks about stuff... I wonder why people think we should speculate as to what she thinks... and I realize that's not what all of the posters here think.

and besides the fact that we shouldn't care what she thinks about stuff... I wonder why people think we should speculate as to what she thinks... and I realize that's not what all of the posters here think.

I think it's because she had the public persona of being a really down-to-earth person and people really identified with her. And because her dad was a minister and she chose to join twi instead of his faith... that's a powerful witness for some folks. It seems to imply she was less duped than a lot of us were... that she made smarter choices. People around me always spoke of her as being some sort of sage.

Of course, all of those assumptions are far and away from the truth. She was a kid when she got involved and had no special wisdom. She quickly became one of Vic's pet celebrities... someone who chose HIS ministry over both her father's church and the vocal career she certainly would have had. She was ordained, although she usually didn't flaunt it, and around HQ she what she wanted! While she could be a great deal of fun she was also extremely full of herself and rude and I found myself regretably unimpressed.

Well, her rendition of "Precious Lord" she had it hands down. I've never heard another rendition like hers that just m-o-v-e-s me!

Well ... it is interesting to guess about some of those old timers we knew as figureheads ... some were full of themselves ... but any that were ordained by vp as better than the rest are fair game for surmising ... in one sense ...

Those that were so set up (as betters) often played the role ... and took advantage of the power ... I have to say I do regard those less highly than the hard working "true believer" that was deceived but did not lord over others by their ill gotten position ... a fine line perhaps...

I only know a little of Claudette ... it is sad she had throat problems ... I guess she was caught up in the ego stuff though ... I'd prefer she was still singing for what we all perceived her to be singing for ... and that she was never out touring and partying with the quartet as elite rock stars ...

I hope she leaves TWI and does well on her own ... I see those that stay as those that are still drinking ... or doing coke ... they were good at parties .. now I just hope they get out ... life is short ... twi will not provide ... unless you are a trustee

Many willingly stepped all over very good people once they were promoted by VP ... I'm not real eager to say they were just victims ... thought that may be partly true ... still, many seemed to like their role as mother superiors ...

But any still in are missing out ... as i see it ...