GreaseSpot Cafe

Claud*tte R. how did she feel about what was going on?

fooledagainII

I do care about her,and she was very talented,and I care about people in twi because I was once in twi

too as we all were and I hope the best for everyone and to quit twi and wise up.

However for some people . They are so set(thats all they have ever known)reminds me of the scene

in "An Officer and a gentleman"

Richard Gere is being punished,and the drill sergent is just slamming him,begging him with physical punishment

to QUIT,juSt grinding him down and then he screamS out.

I GOT NOWHERE TO GO!!!

The Way wants people to think they have nowhere to go and they will never make it.(and that is just crap)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the privilege of getting to know Claudette and spending time in her home on many occasions. I care how she feels and how she's doing. Going by how she treated me and how I saw her live, I love her very much. She taught me many life lessons that I use today. I also saw her do things when nobody else could see that were an inspiration. And that includes for non-wayfers and people that others wouldn't give the time of day. Even a homeless person. If you didn't know her personally, please be careful of making assumptions.

And, yes, I know there could be bad things about her, what did she know, etc. I can't comment there. Just going by my own two eyeballs.

JT

I'm glad you had a great experience with her JT.

I am a decent, if not good, singer. My husband, who is a musician, and sound engineer, tells me I have a great voice and natural ability. I was on staff and had a huge desire to sing in the choir. I saw CR almost daily because she came to do some of her work in the department i worked in. I approached her once to ask her how a certain part of a song went and what was the best way to handle your breath because I seemed to run out of air. She said "If you have to ask that, you better not try out for the choir!!" I was crushed. I thought she would tell me how to handle the breath during that song. It felt like she was telling me I wasn't worthy to be in the choir. At the time, that kind of statement coming from that kind of person was a huge let down.

I worked with her on staff, and I even traveled with her once. My observations showed me that she picks and chooses who she wants to "bless" in a very discriminating way. It was as if she wanted certain people to know that they were extremely blessed to have her attention. Others here said she appeared full of herself. I agree with that statement.

Edited by Nottawayfer

who cares
hahahah yeah,your right who cares anyway!
i didn't know her but i do know talent when i see it and she had it

but yeah who cares

Well, the person who started this thread for one.

Who cares about what any of us think, yet we all continue to post our opinions day after day.

Edited by Oakspear

I had the privilege of getting to know Claudette and spending time in her home on many occasions. I care how she feels and how she's doing. Going by how she treated me and how I saw her live, I love her very much. She taught me many life lessons that I use today. I also saw her do things when nobody else could see that were an inspiration. And that includes for non-wayfers and people that others wouldn't give the time of day. Even a homeless person. If you didn't know her personally, please be careful of making assumptions.

And, yes, I know there could be bad things about her, what did she know, etc. I can't comment there. Just going by my own two eyeballs.

JT

Of course a friend would care how she feels and what she's doing.

When I posed the question earlier in this thread, I was thinking that it seemed most awkward to be speculating about someone's opinions (in the manner about which this thread was started) in such a detacted way.

I intended/hoped that people would reflect on their own to realize it was not necessarily so appropriate for people to speculate HERE, IN WRITING about what a person (her in particular) thought/believed/felt about the dark side of TWI.

Perhaps I just wasn't very clear in communicating that point.

Well, the person who started this thread for one.

Who cares about what any of us think, yet we all continue to post our opinions day after day.

Ah, but Claudette Royal does NOT continue to post HER opinions here day after day. :unsure:

JT

My experiences withe Claudette were the same. She was always warm and friendly with my wife and I through the years 72-86. It seemed when our paths crossed she welcomed the opportunity to chat without any pretentiousness. I recall a running laugh we had for 10 years, something about a love for cookies, a vice we both shared. We always enjoyed our visits.

As to the original question posed here, I have no idea, nor do I care.

~HAP

Ah, but Claudette Royal does NOT continue to post HER opinions here day after day. :unsure:
Yeah, I get your point...but entering a discussion to simply state that you don't care about the subject of the discussion irritates me for some reason. Sure, I can find bigger things to get irritated about, like thread titles that give no hint as to the subject of the initial post...now that gets my blood boiling :evildenk:

Yeah, I get your point...but entering a discussion to simply state that you don't care about the subject of the discussion irritates me for some reason. Sure, I can find bigger things to get irritated about, like thread titles that give no hint as to the subject of the initial post...now that gets my blood boiling :evildenk:

Or people that feel they need to police others on what they think is acceptable to post or not post ...

These were public figures that had influence over many .... some that were not so fair may get a dishonorable mention ... that seems fair enough ... if the prima donnas showed up in town and stepped on the little people, they "made their bed" ... so to speak...

If some tell others to shut up .. who cares what they try to tell others to post ... are they the internet conversation police? :biglaugh:

Or people that feel they need to police others on what they think is acceptable to post or not post ...

These were public figures that had influence over many .... some that were not so fair may get a dishonorable mention ... that seems fair enough ... if the prima donnas showed up in town and stepped on the little people, they "made their bed" ... so to speak...

If some tell others to shut up .. who cares what they try to tell others to post ... are they the internet conversation police? :biglaugh:

I see you continue to share your optimized social skills with everyone here... :rolleyes:

...along with your chronic "happiness." :confused:

Thanks for that, btw.

I see you continue to share your optimized social skills with everyone here... :rolleyes:

...along with your chronic "happiness." :confused:

Thanks for that, btw.

I AM pretty happy ... you just don't perceive that since you are playing the little cartman policeman ...

I have that runner's high right now ... out killing weeds, helping my little soybeans compete ... I'll be lean ad mean by the end of summer ...

People have different experiences, some may be completely different ... I think they are capable of thinking about what they write and they don't need anyone chastising them ... maybe I just give them more credit than you seem to give them.

Oh .. and go Cardinals ... Go Cubbies ...

... maybe I just give them more credit than you seem to give them.

Except for the ones you call names and correct and chastise... and in case you have chosen to not be aware of it, I'm NOT your ONLY target for chastisement. You appear to be pointing three times as many fingers at yourself as you are at me. :)

And, as Dmiller likes to say... HAVE A NICE DAY! :wink2:

I AM pretty happy ... you just don't perceive that...

Keep telling yourself and eventually, you'll believe it. To convince others, it might be easier to change the tone of your posts to something that would communicate said happiness, rather than the chronic sour puss your posts usually convey. :)

So back to the question at hand...

I knew Claudette AFTER the POP and meltdown, etc. She never expressed an opinion on such matters to me but then we weren't long time friends either. She did get sent on the field for a while but not sure why. If she had major heartburn, it sure didn't show. And as I'm not the searcher of hearts...

JT

I've been around here a long time. There are just a handful of us left that go back to the beginning of WayDale. I say that for all you new folks because the old timers know about my collection of sounds and videos I can post.

I happened to have found an old song on my computer's hard drive (OK, I knew exactly where it was) and thought I'd post a snippet here. I DO have the whole thing of course for anyone interested. Man.. can that lady get down. Click HERE!

sudo (thinking about maybe posting tunes again)

oh for godssake, oak, i wish you knew me by now

the point of "who cares" means that she isn't something more "special" than anyone else in The Way Tree kind of way

Well I wasn't referring to you .. and I don't think you were referring to me ...

But she WAS more special ... she was Royal :evildenk:

... but really, she did have a more special position. The leaves on the Way Tree were just to recruit and give money ... she was up in the hierarchy at least a little ... I would guess she got a little better care. I could be kicked out and no one would care much ... but Claudette was an ingrained part of the franchise.

Who told who to shut up?

Excathedra expressed her opinion. I objected to it, so I expressed my opinion. You apparently didn't like mine, so now you're expressing yours...no personal attacks, so I don't see a problem. :evildenk:

Edited by Oakspear

Who told who to shut up?

Excathedra expressed her opinion. I objected to it, so I expressed my opinion. You apparently didn't like mine, so now you're expressing yours...no personal attacks, so I don't see a problem. :evildenk:

There was no problem there, I didn't disagree with your opinion ... I was adding to your point.

I was referring to the posts about "be careful what you say about other people" .. the self appointed moderator type thing. It seems like an attempt to squelch that free speech / open forum type thing.

So I expressed my opinion on that ... :evildenk:

I was referring to the posts about "be careful what you say about other people" .. the self appointed moderator type thing. It seems like an attempt to squelch that free speech / open forum type thing.

yada yada yada...

I guess I will always irritate YOU! hahahahahaha..................

btw, I was JUST speaking MY opinion... which, apparently, some self-appointed complainer (and I do NOT refer to excathedra or oakspear) seems to be saying I should not be allowed to DO! :dance:

So THERE, Mr. Bill!

btw, I was JUST speaking MY opinion... which, apparently, some self-appointed complainer (and I do NOT refer to excathedra or oakspear) seems to be saying I should not be allowed to DO!

So THERE, Mr. Bill!

I didn't say you should not be allowed ...

This is a site that tells the other side of the story ... so some that were figureheads and public rep's of TWI are looked at a little more closely. It is often good to chop away at the pedestal some of these folks were put on high.

Unfortunately, many that were probably decent folks had their worst points amplified in vp's corrupt value system. But some were more ready to demand that special treatment from their "lessers" than others.

At the root of the thang though, we were all expendable ... it was a matter of who was doing most for vp at the moment. I'll take excie's word ... Claudette was just another one of the crowd.

Being treated a little better on the field or at HQ was certainly still no bed of roses. Living lavishly was not an option for many except the top dogs maybe.

I'll take excie's word ... Claudette was just another one of the crowd.

Living lavishly was not an option for many except the top dogs maybe.

Except maybe if you were of African abstraction and could sing da twi blues? You might have qualified for a frequent flier upgrade?

Except maybe if you were of African abstraction and could sing da twi blues? You might have qualified for a frequent flier upgrade?

True ... I'm just thinkin' the only real benefits "the favored elite" got was more attention. Maybe some had free maid service and played the field and got to be bossy, but I wonder if Claudette got paid any more than the average Joe. Did she leave with a pension in hand?

I don't know anything about her throat problems, but I can speculate that HQ did not offer major medical or push people to get regular checkups. The story of someone dying in the dorms getting some sort of voodoo treatment would indicate a problem. Most of us would have been better off doing 10-20 years in the military, and we would have done more "good".

Some were higher on the pecking order, and some were real peckers, but few walked away with any real scratch. And it seems some are still sending money in to the old farm to support some old hens. :doh:

(or they could have taught us the way to farm on the way farm ... yes soybeans, wet spring, but beans are up late, not a great stand, first year out of pasture, fingers crossed )

There was no problem there, I didn't disagree with your opinion ... I was adding to your point.

Gotcha :beer: