GreaseSpot Cafe

Claud*tte R. how did she feel about what was going on?

fooledagainII

There was no problem there, I didn't disagree with your opinion ... I was adding to your point.

I was referring to the posts about "be careful what you say about other people" .. the self appointed moderator type thing. It seems like an attempt to squelch that free speech / open forum type thing.

So I expressed my opinion on that ... :evildenk:

again... that's what YOU were doing, apparently, with this sort of comment... three times as many fingers pointing at yourself as you have pointing at anyone else... regardless of whether you were saying anyone should "be allowed" to say things in particular to which you disagree.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again... that's what YOU were doing, apparently, with this sort of comment... three times as many fingers pointing at yourself as you have pointing at anyone else... regardless of whether you were saying anyone should "be allowed" to say things in particular to which you disagree.

Rocky, I think Bill is single and available if you really want to get to know him better? :biglaugh:

Otherwise the heat may be getting to you?

I don't know anything about her throat problems, but I can speculate that HQ did not offer major medical or push people to get regular checkups. The story of someone dying in the dorms getting some sort of voodoo treatment would indicate a problem. Most of us would have been better off doing 10-20 years in the military, and we would have done more "good".

I was on Staff from 1996 to 2001. In the beginning, they paid 100% of our medical and prescriptions. There was no medical plan per se, but we turned in all of our medical for reimbursement. If we had something "big", we had to get approval. My hunch is that TWI wrote that off their taxes. A few years in to being on Staff, we were only reimbursed 80% of our medical and prescriptions. Although I heard those in the Trustee household were still reimbursed 100%. We didn't receive additional money from our "living on a need basis" to cover the 20%. If you were someone who went to the doctor regularly, you were just screwed. Most were afraid to ask for more even if they needed it. We were taught to not be an exception. We were encouraged to get regular checkups by that point. I think they started to change their thinking by that point.

I was on Staff from 1996 to 2001. In the beginning, they paid 100% of our medical and prescriptions. There was no medical plan per se, but we turned in all of our medical for reimbursement. If we had something "big", we had to get approval. My hunch is that TWI wrote that off their taxes.

Sounds like they were self insured almost ... but I was thinking of way back pre 1986. They maybe got insurance later that covered 80% ... hard to say. Regular check ups would save them money I'd guess ... but at least they encouraged that.

I wonder how many labor laws were broken over the years ... or if their lawyers kept them barely legal.

Rocky, I think Bill is single and available if you really want to get to know him better? :biglaugh:

Otherwise the heat may be getting to you?

He's not my type!

:biglaugh:

And the heat WOULD be getting to me if I spent much time outside... it's REALLY HOT! Probably about 115 now.

For me Way Productions was like a IV I carted around to make me more(Ephesian 6 likr)in The Way

the music motivated me to do THE HAVING DONE ALL stand thing!

At the time that was the purpose it served for me and for The Way International not to mention

"bringing in the sheep and the moola!!!"

But..I had NEVER heard Christian music before I got into The Way and after that lets put all newspapers.

tv,reading materiel etc..for three weeks I was hooked!

I probably would have left alot sooner if not for Way Productions and writing my own music with my

best friend(my guitar)on the field.

Ya know --- I agree with Excie's assessment. Who cares??

What difference does it make (really) what one person thinks about the $h!t that happened?

Is the opinion of that person better than anyone else's who went through it too??

Granted -- she was *high profile*, had a great voice, and sang with all her heart,

but so what??? A lot of folks could offer opinions, sans *star* power.

I'll pay attention to threads like this when Henry Boloko's opinions are considered. :)

Indeed, I find it hard to figure out the relevance of this whole thread.

Of course I have the added attribute of never having given a damn about anything Way-Prod flavored. I found the music to be "icky" (at best). Sorry, it just wasn't my cuppa tea - ever.

I met her a couple of times, she seemed nice, and?

As the one who started this thread and reading the responses, I found it very interesting.

I'm very new to posting and have my own reasons for asking questions about certain subjects. Which I thought was one the point for this forum, to get some answers from people who would know, if they decide to share. Now I understand that when someone post something you must be prepared for all types of information: positive and negative; facts, opinion, fiction, exaggerations; etc... and that's fine with me.

How she felt was only a small part of my post (by the way I care or I wouldn't have bother to post it :wink2: ) the other part of my post got no response at all.

...but I often wonder what (if any) part she played in the things that were happening. I like to believe she was not involved but she was there for so long, she would have to known sooner or later what was going on.

She such a stand out figure in the way (in my opinion, of course).

FooledagainII,

Isn't it amazing how far off track a thread can get? Reading back over it, there were two that did sort of mention the second part of your question.

I knew her a little. She didn't want to look at the negative stuff, she is a lifer. Perhaps she was set in her ways.

Perhaps the special treatment slanted her view.

Well, when you're being treated well, it's hard to see that other's aren't, you know?

Nobody I know of ever heard her express an opinion about what went on, or be accused of anything. I think because of her status and position she may have made a point to stay out of anything that could get messy.

Just as well, too. I'd rather have heard her sing than express her opinion. Kind of like musicians in the world - I hate it when they get political. Alice Cooper in an interview said something to the effect that politicians don't tell him how to make music, so he won't try to tell them how to do their job.

Thanks MC!

She did have a great voice....hmmm speaking of hearing her sing.... Sudo I enjoyed hearing that snippet, I like to hear the full song (and any others that you care to share).

...I happened to have found an old song on my computer's hard drive (OK, I knew exactly where it was) and thought I'd post a snippet here. I DO have the whole thing of course for anyone interested. Man.. can that lady get down. Click HERE!

sudo (thinking about maybe posting tunes again)

I do remember hearing a story from someone who was working at HQ during placements when Claudettee was sent out on the field again... Something about her being REALLY HAPPY to get away from HQ - but then again, I wasn't there.

For you guys who were discussing whether or not there was medical coverage for those on staff in the early years....I don't know. I will add this thought to the mix, though: many of us were so young that we never NEEDED medical coverage of any sort. Back in the 70's and 80's we were in our teens, twenties, and maybe a few in their thirties. It's not like now...middle agers we are! When you were that young, there wasn't much thought of needing to go to a doctor for anything.

As for the discussion on Claudette...I can add that the few times I spoke with her (we had a mutual friend, Debra Sleeper Olthouse) she was a very lovely, sweet person. I visited her in her room at HQ. It was in that building with a bunch of dorm rooms in it...was it Founder's Hall? She had a room there, nothing special. No smaller nor larger than any one elses. Yes, she got a lot of adoration on stage...but she earned that.

Joyful Noise and Glad Tidings and some of the other groups melted my heart on so many levels. Notice I didn't say "Way Productions"? That's because by the time they began calling them "Way Productions" and depersonalizing the various groups that exhisted in the old days, the singers were, uh, crap. But Joyful Noise, during the "Take A Stand Caravan" days and Glad Tidings taught me the Word of God in ways that the MOG's couldn't. They healed my heart first, then they showed me how to place the Word of God in there. I remember thinking I would pay everything I had based on the knowledge that it helped support the people who could do that to my hurting heart. I would LOVE to know they got more money or better treatment for doing what they did....but I don't know the answer to that.

Again I will say to Claudette...if you ever find that you want OUT of TWI, I will be there to help you, my friend. You, too, Debra. If you need a place to live, if you need help in any way, I will be here for you, just PM me or email me. Robi2777@yahoo.com Ya'll did so much for my heart when I was in, and it carries over to this day.

More music, Sudo!

robi

I'll pay attention to threads like this when Henry Boloko's opinions are considered. smile.gif

Exactly.

All I know is that she always treated the A/V staff nice and that she was a gracious person. I also think that she valued her privacy and that rooting around trying to second guess where her thinking was 30 years ago is not kind or productive.

All I know is that she always treated the A/V staff nice and that she was a gracious person. I also think that she valued her privacy and that rooting around trying to second guess where her thinking was 30 years ago is not kind or productive.

Exactly, indeed.

Waysider,

Its illegal to upload copyrighted material to Youtube as well. I have posted songs by TWI groups here in the past but am Leary to do so now. Any other ideas as to how to do it??

sudo

Youtube's enforcement policy is to remove any material that an organization complains is posted in violation of copyright laws. That is how they legally protect themselves with copyright issues. There is a recourse to any copyright owner to prevent infringement, get items removed, and prevent damages.

What does this mean? That someone trying to take legal action against a copyright infringer in addition to bridging the gap of problems in enforcement due to jurisdiction for this kind of thing would also have the weaker position that to avoid damages all they had to do is send a note to Youtube.

Here's an interesting link that describes courses of action if you have a clear owner of a website posting copyright violations on their website:

http://www.marketingdock.com/copyrights/de...nfringement.php

As far as songs go, LimeWire is a good option...

I did not know her personally, but one time in a meeting she was singing. She came to me in the audience, took my hand and sang the rest of the song to me. I was kind of embarrassed at first, but then I became very peaceful. She seemed to really care about me and wanted me to hear the words to the song, which I did need to hear.

I can't believe I am going to say this but I actually agree with Excathedra, who cares.

And psst....the ****didn't hide a damn thing. How silly.

For what it's worth, she had surgery over twenty five years ago on her throat and cannot sing anymore. She owns Royal bakery in Atlanta, and if you aren't in the Way, she will not talk to you. Neither will Bob Stanley, and one ho ha thinks The Word IS over the world so their work is done.

That's about as f**ked up that whirling dervish religion I hear tell about.

Now, who cares? Are you happy? Are you still trying to get to know God? Are you loving? Then who gives a rip what anyone wlse does.

Look out, I am hormonal, and I know how to use it. <_<

me

Waysider,

Its illegal to upload copyrighted material to Youtube as well. I have posted songs by TWI groups here in the past but am Leary to do so now. Any other ideas as to how to do it??

sudo

if you have their material and have a way to get a hold of them, just ask them. I do it all the time. If not the person, then an agent or a rep will probably ask you what format you will do it, and then ok it, they want publicity, so if you aren't selling it, they don't really care, just ask out of respect. That simple.

LOLOL!!!

What a cute baby!!! :rolleyes: :)