GreaseSpot Cafe

Claud*tte R. how did she feel about what was going on?

fooledagainII

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

There may or may not be copyright issues with TWI in posting entire songs so tell you what.. if you guys want the whole song send me a PM and I bet I can see that you get it.

sudo

Speaking of that, did any of you that most of the songs in that paperbag brown Sing Along the Way were written by Bill Gaither. Freaked me out, the man got no credit, so when he found out, I bet there was a threat of a lawsuit like we ain't never heard.....whoooo to be a fly on the wall when Gaither called, hypothetically speaking of course......

Thank you Lucy, she sure is a cutie!

hee hee hee that was hysterical, I'm gonna use that line

Alot

:biglaugh:

It's a penny a letter, as soon as I wrote it here it became copyrighted....Psych! Gotcha didn't I. A joke for the topic..Ok fine, one funny a night.

Sure use it, just keep laughing. That's what is important.

• 13 years later...

I thought she'd left TWI and was running a bakery somewhere, making cakes or some such.

I found this entry from 14 years ago.

On 6/30/2008 at 5:39 AM, lucyvanpelt said:

For what it's worth, she had surgery over twenty five years ago on her throat and cannot sing anymore. She owns Royal bakery in Atlanta, and if you aren't in the Way, she will not talk to you. Neither will Bob Stanley, and one ho ha thinks The Word IS over the world so their work is done.

• 1 year later...

Ah man Twinky beat me by a year. I wanted to be able to tell myself I necro'd (slang term for "raising a forum topic from the dead") a 13 year old post lol. 

I too looked up to her just because of her talent and because I was young. I never knew her personally. But when my mother sang at RoA one year and I got to see Claudette behind the scenes and whatnot, it really was Wizard of Oz and pulling back the curtain. She smoked, was short with people, would snub people that were not worthy of her time. She clearly was TWI material. It is no surprise that she has her own business but won't talk to anyone not in TWI. She wouldn't talk to lowly disciples of god when she was at headquarters, why would she ever do it after?

All I can say is she is two-faced like every single person who was been in TWI's hierarchy. She may have treated you well, but you are an exception. She thought her sh!t didn't stink. I feel no love lose that she lost the thing she loved, singing. :D

I googled her name and found this music by Claudettee.  I listened to a few clips.  It's 43mins long.  Not my kind of thing, but others might be interested.  

Looks like a TWI production.  By clicking on it, you might be giving royalties of some minuscule amount to TWI.  Make your own decision about whether or not you want to do that, or have given enough to them already.

Of course, doesn't tell us what she knew about what was going on, and I don't know when this album was made.  

Thank you Twinky,

In the end I guess I'm not watching the video. But I did find 2 interesting comments to it.

Two months ago someone said, "I last saw her perform at The Way Internationals 75th anniversary five years ago, vibrant as ever!" :who_me:

One month ago some said, "In Phoenix Arizona Claudette talked to me and warned me of the way international. I thank her for that conversation." :evildenk:

On 5/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, Beguiled said:

All I can say is she is two-faced like every single person who was been in TWI's hierarchy. She may have treated you well, but you are an exception. She thought her sh!t didn't stink. I feel no love lose that she lost the thing she loved, singing. :D

I absolutely loved her voice but can attest to the ego and artist personalities that most all way productions develop and exhibit. I hope she broke free of the way international though. I know I was very conceited when I was way corps and needed and received and appropriate attitude adjustment from life after leaving the way international. Im a vastly different person than I was and for the better as well. Hopefully, she has had similar experiences and is walking in newness of life as well, I wish her all the best. But Im not discounting what you mentioned either and feel it's spot on.