GreaseSpot Cafe

On the Word... Off the Word

A la prochaine

Just recently I was speaking to someone who has in the past year left TWI.

I have been out for 10 years now and sometimes when I hear wayspeak/waythinking it bolts me over and I'm left gasping for air.

The last time we spoke, we were talking about VP and LCM's 'misbehaviours' (to put it mildly). At one point, the person I was speaking to said to me "Well, that's what happens when people get 'OFF'the word.

It was at this point I was left gasping for air. I did not know what to say nor how to respond to these words.

TWI was famous for it's 'blanket statements'. I guess I hadn't been subjected to one of those in quite awhile. It sure did take me by surprise. icon_redface.gif:o--> I think I spun around in circles for about 2 days in my kitchen just thinking about the insanity of that statement. icon_mad.gif

Heeeeeeeeellllllllpppppppppp! icon_redface.gif:o-->

'til the next time...

It's amazing how quickly people will fire off blanket statements

to cover just about any situation.

One non-twi (nbw) group will ask people-to their face-how long since

they left the organization by asking them

"How long since you left The Truth?"

No group I was ever in, but that's good for them-no response of mine

would have been especially appreciated.

My thought on this was...

How in the he!! would anyone know when someone is 'on the word/off the word' when the people who taught you that concept (VP/LCM)probably lived their lives so not aligned with Christian thought, that if they had ever received a 'on the word' thought they wouldn't have recognized it if it bit them in the a$$!

'til the next time...

We're all sinners so we're all off the word at some point. Funny tho, when I'm off the word, I don't sleep around or twist bible scriptures. So that is NOT what happens when one is off the word. They make it sound like if you're OFF then all hell could break loose, you might be posessed, you might commit murder. It's almost like an insanity defense:

"Your honor, I know what I did was terrible but: That's what happens when you're off the word!"

Not gulty by reason of being off the word.

Glow-ry!

quote:
Originally posted by simonzelotes:

No Way,I'm confused...How can your splinter group friends be so waybrained if none of them were ever in the way?

beats me, some of the older people in the fellowship weren't even in the way. it's just from the way the ministry has been working that they continue to waybrain people. i was told not to use words like create, lucky, etc. when i stopped attending fellowship i was told that i was getting tricked. lol.

Nice thot, Song.

Language is funny, idnt it?.

On the word/off the word reminds me of how TWI taught us to view the shape of God through a tiny hole.

Reminds me of Porkies.

If yer eye was ON the word/hole, you "saw the light."

If yer eye was OFF the word/hole, you were "in darkness."

Tools and all that.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

if i had spent a little less time fellowshipping and a little more time taking care of my life, i wouldn't have these problems. fellowshipping several nights a week cost me lots of pay,real opportunities in my career and severed many of my relationships.

there have been plenty of times where disasters occurred and rather than be angry, the answer was "see this bigger, it's an opportunity to trust god" so yea i met the door already.

I could see how you could be "on the word off the word" if the scriptures were actually intended as a rule book for God to determine who is believing Him and who isn't.

(God Speaks ) Look Gabriel, little Jack over there is rendering respect just like My word says he's definitely on My word. But look at that sinner Jill she's doing all that corrupt communicating she's definitely off the word what do you think Michael?

( Michael Speaks ) What is that sinners problem don't she understand Greek? I'll bet a mild case of herpes will wake her up and her back on your word Lord.

( Gabriel Speaks ) Lord lets just send Jack over there he can give Jill the herpes and help get her back on your word. Jack is a true believer he is in the Way.

( God speaks ) That's a good idea G'mizer. Jack would love to give Jill herpes.

And so Jack and Jill went up the hill to give and get the herpes.

Jack came down for a night on the town while Jill worked at the 7-11 selling slurpy's.

When Jack got back Jill had smoked some crack

Jill grabbed an ax and with a couple of whacks

Cut of Jack's ------------- ( fill in the blank )