GreaseSpot Cafe

TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE "NOT-SO-AMERICAN" WAY INTERNATIONAL

DontWorryBeHappy

Those who want to follow an evil man and his good leaven, go right ahead.

HA! And then maybe you can have a judge rule that your right to believe is fine---as long as you don't act on those beliefs by raping and abusing other men's

wives. Just cause your the MOG don't cha know! --if it wasn't true it would be comical.

What were those allegations again? What did the Way settle out of court on?

Oh yeah, I remember.

When was it any "Leadership" just sat and read the bible--WITHOUT expounding? From what I remember you couldn't get them to shut-up.

Our turn now and that just gets under their skin-doesn't it? Ahhh Freedom of Speech--Gotta love it.

• Upvote 1

The purpose of the courts is to provide the place for determinations, judgements, to be made on the matters brought before them. Judge, jury, plaintiff, defendant, evidence, etc. etc.

The court statements seem to be pointing out that the freedom to have religious beliefs doesn't allow a person to act in a way that's harmful to others in society simply because their actions are attached to what they consider religious convictions.

Particularly when the court determined that several individuals of The Way were involved in activities that the defendants claimed brought them harm. Ones own right to "religious freedom" and the right of a community to exercise it's beliefs amongst themselves can be judged wrong by the law if there are laws broken.

The court statements don't directly address the same issues as the leaven/loaf stuff but in application they could.

Take out "the Pharisees" from the gospel statements and it's easier to see I think.

As it says elsewhere in the gospels, it's not what goes into a person that makes him right or wrong, it's what comes out - what that person does.

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." - Matthew 15:8. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. Etc. etc. - - that's pretty much what Jesus says

The right to believe as one will, is one thing. But the actions taken speak to what I really believe and that is what Jesus judged by. I have a "right to believe" but not a right to act and break the law. Jesus doesn't say a person can't say they honor him and then act differently, He just says that the actions are what I'll be judged by. Not that different than the court statements, in a kind of abstract way I think.

I'm curious...

When you "look at scripture and see truth" do you see it the same way you would have seen it PRE-twi?

Or do the words of the collaterals ring in your inner ears as you read the Bible? If this is the case, then you have submitted to a mediated experience. It's not "truth" you hear or read, it's what you've been told is truth.

No I did not see truth pre TWI only religion and Catholic doctrine, No collaterals do not ring in my inner ear

What I've been told? Now that is a laugh coming from people who claim they were forced to do things. No I learned to search the scriptures

There ya go... changing the point again.

I asked:

Or do the words of the collaterals ring in your inner ears as you read the Bible? If this is the case, then you have submitted to a mediated experience. It's not "truth" you hear or read, it's what you've been told is truth.

And you answered:

What I've been told? Now that is a laugh coming from people who claim they were forced to do things. No I learned to search the scriptures

My point is that you *just may* still be filtering what you read through PLAF-colored glasses. And I presented it as a possibility- not an accusation. ("If... then" is a conditional phrase.)

I'll leave the rest of your statement for another thread since it doesn't apply to me or most of the posts I've read.

Edited by doojable

There ya go... changing the point again.

I asked:

And you answered:

My point is that you *just may* still be filtering what you read through PLAF-colored glasses. And I presented it as a possibility- not an accusation. ("If... then" is a conditional phrase.)

I'll leave the rest of your statement for another thread since it doesn't apply to me or most of the posts I've read.

No change of point,. it was a silly possibility, given that what people told me as I have repeatedly said did not equal following like sheep. I was never one that lamented about being controlled. So the obvious answer to the question was No.