GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way, They Deceived

skyrider

According to John Lynn, I fall into the category of a "disgruntled former follower".......and why is that? Because I choose to engage critical thinking skills to unravel wierwille's behavioral patterns of narcissism, sexual predator and abuse, lust, greed, power, and pride?

And, John........I "experienced MORE of The Way" that you did . Does that give me *a larger experiential platform* from which to speak?

The Way, It Was - June 2008 letter by John Lynn

In the interest of truth, both small “t” (the facts about The Way International) and capital “T” (the Word of God it taught), I am compelled to propose why I think The Way International was (past tense), from a certain perspective, one of the most significant movements in the history of the Christian Church. I do so for the benefit of any graduate of the “Power For Abundant Living” class who still wants to live for the Lord and who may have been unduly discouraged, either by his/her own experience in The Way or by the ensuing barrage of negatives from other ex-Way saints about what was wrong with The Way.

Given that I was one of the top ministry leaders from 1967-1987, I speak with experiential knowledge. Furthermore, I have spent the past 21 years continuing to dig into the Word of God along with knowledgeable Christians, and, in the process, re-evaluating everything we were taught. I speak with great thankfulness for the truth I heard in The Way (hereinafter TWI), with no doubt that God led me to it, and then away from it. And though I left with some wounds, I also took with me the resources I had been given that enabled me to be healed from those wounds and help others do likewise.

I speak so that you can know “the rest of the story,” as opposed to all the disparaging things that have been said about The Way through the years by the media (much of that false), other Christians (much of that false), and disgruntled former followers (much of that true, some of it false). My purpose is to set forth a much more redemptive view of The Way than what I have thus far read from others with “ex-Way vision.” In some ways, this is a sequel to my March, 1988 letter in which I blew the whistle about what was then going on in TWI.

<snip>......the whole letter is linked on the thread, The Way, It was

Given that you, John, were one of "the top ministry leaders from 1967-1987"......and that CES is a twi-offshoot filled with pfal grads......and that you continue to be one of the "top dogs for CES/STFI [after major blunders in supporting Momentus and Personal Prophecy tangents].....imo,I think it is safe to say that your comments are extremely biased and another attempt to "rally the troops" amidst challenging times, a strained economy and rising fuel and food costs.

From where I sit today.......I find your "experiential knowledge in twi and subsequent offshoot" quite ludicrous in any exercise to strengthen your perception of The Way, It Was. And, because of ex-twi "leaders" like you........I feel compelled to SPEAK OUT ON GREASESPOT in an attempt to suppress the ongoing deception of vpw/twi/offshoots and its cultish indoctrination.

Recruitment and indoctrination were/are staple tools in twi's arsenal.........NOT the precepts and principles of the early Church. And, imo...........clearly wierwille-idolatry was at the core of the staff/corps experience, NOT being lead by holy spirit -- ie Christ in you. The doctrinal errors and practical application of Christian living were an antithesis at twi's headquarters.

I admit, I am not a follower of CES/STFI or any other twi offshoot. Once bitten, twice shy......and after spending some time AWAY from the indoctrinational maze and "doctrinal" haze, THE WAY TO GO has become clear to me. Thanks.......but no thanks.

You can label me "disgruntled"......I consider your words *deceiving*........fair enough? :)

And, John........don't you think that God, via His holy spirit, was leading many away from twi's heavy-handed leadership and into the arms of comforting Christian ministries years before "you blew the whistle?" Once again........your pride is showing.

When will the twi offshoots ever learn? :nono5:

God first

Beloved skyrider

God loves you my dear friends

I would fall there too my friend

from John Lynn said in June 2008 letter

propose why I think The Way International was (past tense), from a certain perspective,
from John Lynn's point of view but that does not make his view right nor even my view

I do so for the benefit of any graduate of the “Power For Abundant Living” class who still wants to live for the Lord and who may have been unduly discouraged, either by his/her own experience in The Way or by the ensuing barrage of negatives from other ex-Way saints about what was wrong with The Way

I would asked who is he really trying to benefit his ministry that sales the word of God like the Way Ministry or the people who where hurt but that just my two pennies

Given that I was one of the top ministry leaders from 1967-1987, I speak with experiential knowledge. Furthermore, I have spent the past 21 years continuing to dig into the Word of God along with knowledgeable Christians, and, in the process, re-evaluating everything we were taught. I speak with great thankfulness for the truth I heard in The Way (hereinafter TWI), with no doubt that God led me to it, and then away from it. And though I left with some wounds, I also took with me the resources I had been given that enabled me to be healed from those wounds and help others do likewise.
The one thing I never like that people who begin a carbon copy of the Way Ministry with doctrine changes took list of believers to reach out too when it been better to publicly say you where leaving and anyone could join you

I speak so that you can know “the rest of the story,” as opposed to all the disparaging things that have been said about The Way through the years by the media (much of that false), other Christians (much of that false), and disgruntled former followers (much of that true, some of it false). My purpose is to set forth a much more redemptive view of The Way than what I have thus far read from others with “ex-Way vision.” In some ways, this is a sequel to my March, 1988 letter in which I blew the whistle about what was then going on in TWI.

I am sorry but I question John Lynn's reason along with Dale Side's and others the truth can be taught without taking money from one person with use of the internet

it never about numbers but about sharing the love of Christ

yes skyrider I say his reasons are biased but so are my reasons not to begin another cult from a old one my friend like him and others have done

skyrider I am glad you did "SPEAK OUT ON GREASESPOT"

yes label me too "disgruntled" but I label people who sale God's word in the form of a sect followers of fleshly ideals

I heard stores of twi offshoots as far back as the early days pre60's

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

When will the twi offshoots ever learn?

It appears not very soon,

Lynn has had 20 years to think about it and is still clinging to the refuse that was The Way and spending his time pouring cheap perfume on piles of garbage.

It doesnt work,

It didnt work then-- it doesnt work now.

Spending "20 years in top leadership" in a deformed organization is certainly nothing to be proud of, nor does it lend any whit of credibility to anything he writes, if anything the exact opposite is true. That he would try to pull rank as if he were someone of some kind of importance is somewhere between bustin out laughin funny, incredibly sad, or just making me want to vomit.

Move on John, Its over,

No matter what you do, you're never going to recapture the celebrity status that you once enjoyed--

We're older now and dont buy the hype

If you desire to be aminister then go get an honest real education instead of playing Mr. Know It All.

That act wore thin a very long time ago

Good grief Charlie Brown!!!! How long are these guys going to milk this thing? Wierwille died over 20 years ago. His family (the rock of TWI) is scattered and his enterprise is a little shell of itself. And TWI still has more going for them than these has-beens. "I used to be somebody." If all you have to do is ponder of events from a quarter of a century ago, how shallow was your life in the first place?

JT

Furthermore, I have spent the past 21 years continuing to dig into the Word of God along with knowledgeable Christians, and, in the process, re-evaluating everything we were taught. I speak with great thankfulness for the truth I heard in The Way

Is that really what the last 21 years have done for you?

My goodness. I don't know what to say.

Does JL have a job? Or do the folks at CES or whatever group he hangs with support him? Personally, I don't know him nor ever met the man. He has done nothing to me. Just curious how one can spend two decades contemplating one's navel. My electricity would have been turned off...oh, 19 years and 10 months ago. Maybe I'm doing this whole thing wrong... ;)

JT

Move on John, Its over,

No matter what you do, you're never going to recapture the celebrity status that you once enjoyed--

We're older now and dont buy the hype

If you desire to be aminister then go get an honest real education instead of playing Mr. Know It All.

That act wore thin a very long time ago

Just seems like many of the ex-twi "leaders" want their EGOS stroked........needing to play "Mr. Big Shot."

John's doublespeak is about three beers short of his six-pack.......and he's designated to bring the beer to a party of 20. Makes no sense. On one hand, he talks about doctrinal errors, and practical errors, and "leaving twi wounded".........BUT it was the best spiritual movement at the time. :confused:

It's time, John................really, it's over.

Just seems like many of the ex-twi "leaders" want their EGOS stroked........needing to play "Mr. Big Shot."

..they love the chief seats and to be called master.....

John, we left for a reason.

Go meet your neighbors(does your bible say anything about that??), take care of the widows on your street, feed some hungry people (as in real plates of food), do something for some orphans in Darfur..or ..for Christs sake do anything.

But please stop sending out these cheesy infomercial letters that tell us how wonderful you are. We get it.

Despite being a cult leader for 20 years, founder of a re formed cult for another 20, divorced twice and a believer in hallucinations (spiders) You are Gods only true christian messenger, the only source of real truth

Ok Fine. We get it

For most of us there are bigger issues than knowing where some comma is supposed to go, buying the latest ultra revelation book (that will surely change in the next few years) or taking the time to make sure your bruised ego gets the proper stroking.

Move on--drop the facade and go do something good while you still can

Mr. Lynn,

After 21 years, Momentus, and the stranger than fiction stories surrounding what you've researched leading to all of the personal prophecy "entertainment" in STFI, I would have to say that you and STFI are poster children for Jesus words "you can't put new wine in old wineskins". After your interpretation of the scriptures basically led to "catfight by prophecy", and "character assassination by prophecy", your credibility is at an all-time low among any who ever took PFAL. However, by your letter, it seems the one thing that hasn't suffered through all of this is the size of your ego and delusions of grandeur. Get a life, get a job, go back to school, and if you want to be a minister maybe you'll learn how to not fail.

In the language of the kids today,

You = Fail

Edited by chockfull

Despite being a cult leader for 20 years, founder of a re formed cult for another 20, divorced twice and a believer in hallucinations (spiders) You are Gods only true christian messenger, the only source of real truth

Ok Fine. We get it

Well..........at least, his letter(s) are a mini-version of Cgeer's poop-paper.

I continue to find it a fascinating study of these mini-mogs.......CGeer, LCM, Lynn and a few others......who join in this "pi$$ing contest of association with victor paul wierwille." Cgeer's chest-thumping patriarch paper, martinfail's booklet of "VP and Me"......and now, JALvis' letter and highlighting wierwille's ministry and accomplishments.

What drives these men to WANT ( :rolleyes: ) a dead man to be "proud of them"....???

What else about these 3 guys....cgeer, marty, and lynn.

These guys.......the "praise wierwille club".........were instrumentally involved in indoctrinating the way corps with this same mentality. Is it any wonder why twi went south........as the corps numbers increased year after year???

IMO.......the corps program was an indoctrination into the wierwille-idolatry club.

......barf.

What drives these men to WANT ( :rolleyes: ) a dead man to be "proud of them"....???

Could it just be the money ... associating themselves with the logo ... ?

I was talking about George Foreman the other day, and his sons ... George

It seems everyone now recognizes the importance of associating with the name brand ... and TWI was something under vp ... sure he was a fraud and stole his stuff ... but he did it well ...

I see no other reason to cling to vpw ... they can't do their own "ministry" ... the have to latch on to that thang ...

Geer ... bus driver

lcm ... Home Depot clerk

Jalvis ... ??? comedy club? not sure what his current job is ...

of course we realize they wasted their good years as mini mogs ... well, geer wasn't a mog ... how did he get in there? There should be a class on how to glom off people and suck up to them before they die ...

But then Ralph was close ... why did he walk away ... ? Perhaps he had an ounce of integrity.

This one is for JAL...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMUEJBA1tk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMUEJBA1tk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMUEJBA1tk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last two lines:

Cant stop the spirits when they need you

This life is more than just a read thru

Here are all the lyrics:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/red+hot+chili...p_20114720.html

I love that!(did you notice they didn't string the chairs! what freedom huh)you rock!

Skyrider:

I LOVED everything you said.

According to John Lynn, I fall into the category of a "disgruntled former follower".......and why is that? Because I choose to engage critical thinking skills to unravel wierwille's behavioral patterns of narcissism, sexual predator and abuse, lust, greed, power, and pride?

And, John........I "experienced MORE of The Way" that you did . Does that give me *a larger experiential platform* from which to speak?

Given that you, John, were one of "the top ministry leaders from 1967-1987"......and that CES is a twi-offshoot filled with pfal grads......and that you continue to be one of the "top dogs for CES/STFI [after major blunders in supporting Momentus and Personal Prophecy tangents].....imo,I think it is safe to say that your comments are extremely biased and another attempt to "rally the troops" amidst challenging times, a strained economy and rising fuel and food costs.

From where I sit today.......I find your "experiential knowledge in twi and subsequent offshoot" quite ludicrous in any exercise to strengthen your perception of The Way, It Was. And, because of ex-twi "leaders" like you........I feel compelled to SPEAK OUT ON GREASESPOT in an attempt to suppress the ongoing deception of vpw/twi/offshoots and its cultish indoctrination.

Recruitment and indoctrination were/are staple tools in twi's arsenal.........NOT the precepts and principles of the early Church. And, imo...........clearly wierwille-idolatry was at the core of the staff/corps experience, NOT being lead by holy spirit -- ie Christ in you. The doctrinal errors and practical application of Christian living were an antithesis at twi's headquarters.

I admit, I am not a follower of CES/STFI or any other twi offshoot. Once bitten, twice shy......and after spending some time AWAY from the indoctrinational maze and "doctrinal" haze, THE WAY TO GO has become clear to me. Thanks.......but no thanks.

You can label me "disgruntled"......I consider your words *deceiving*........fair enough? :)

And, John........don't you think that God, via His holy spirit, was leading many away from twi's heavy-handed leadership and into the arms of comforting Christian ministries years before "you blew the whistle?" Once again........your pride is showing.

When will the twi offshoots ever learn? :nono5:

Seems two types of "bigwigs" left der vey, those who moved on, got a REAL life and profession, education, some real credentials, and those who just wanted to knowingly or unknowingly perpeptuate the scam..

I've seen it in a couple of individuals.. it's an itch that can't be scratched, and it won't go away. If they don't have the microphone and the podium.. they're ok.. for a few months. They are improving themselves.. maybe starting in a good profession, getting involved in the community, actually doing something beneficial- Then it starts. "well, what is all this good for unless *I* am moving *da WORD*?" It's almost like withdrawl from an addiction worse than heroin..

Edited by Ham

I agree,This person was involved in community,leadership program,the buisness devolopment ran,united way.good to great job,nice house,nice car,Yeah,move da vord,junior will be like the second coming,My father in law was....

name recognition,just like der vey,HEY,iI used it too,was taught by the best of em....

What drives these men to WANT ( rolleyes.gif ) a dead man to be "proud of them"....???

It's been said that a man spends his life seeking the approval of his father. I submit that VPW was the symbolic father to these men.