GreaseSpot Cafe

Chatroom 101

Wacky Funster

It's easy...more and more people show up every day icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanky Pawtucket, Thanky Rhoda...er...uh...

Lesson 1:

Click on

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main/chatpara.htm

Type in your name...and password (I use the same ones I use here at the forums)

Click on "OK, Connect!"

You will be led to a limbo room...no worries, only a short stop before the real room icon_wink.gif;)-->

Click on Rooms.

If you don't see one other than "The Cafe", skip ahead to Lesson 2.

If you see another room name...the number of people already in it is in parentheses...click on it and, YOU'RE IN!!!!!

There are some unique features in there, including the long prayed for cup of coffee!!! GS's best icon_smile.gif:)-->

Lesson 2:

If, when you get to the limbo room (the Cafe), and you click on "Rooms", and there is no other room there...Congratulations! You are the first one there and get to be the creator!!!

Yup, twi, eat your heart out, us ex-twi's have been graced with the task!!!

To create the chatroom...double click on the "Rooms"...it will open a window...go to "Create" and type in Greasespot_Cafe.

You will then be thrust from limbo into a chatroom....just hang and wait, and remember...

...if you create it, they will come icon_wink.gif;)-->

Great to see long lost GSers again...

quote:
What if you are not registered how do you register. I put my name and a password and it just locks up

you do not need to register or put in a password at this time. I guess you can at the parachat main site if you want to pay a fee, but the room doesn't require it. What do you mean it locks up? Describe what happens.

Hey Wacky, thanks for the primer. I showed up Friday, for a bit, but everyone split! (cept Suz!) sniff sniff...is it my deodorant? icon_eek.gif

I think chat's cool, I always get pschizo using it, but that's just me. Lots of people enjoy it, and that's great. I'm learning the drill, slowly but surely. Might try it again sometime. Thanks again.

-----------------------------

quack

Teacher, Teacher......What can you tell me about having to pay for my sign in name? I'm hearing some about it, but don't understand it. so far I get that we can keep the one we have now, unpaid, but then anyone else can sign is under same name. If we pay a fee, we can reserve our name........? Whom do we pay, etc etc. Thank you. (can I go to the bathroom?)

Okay, I went to Parachat's home page, gonna copy and paste some stuff.

How do I register a username?

If you would like to register a username and password for a nominal fee, visit our ParaChat Members area. You will continue to be able to use ParaChat Rooms for free, this feature is new and is only optional to use. This feature is currently available only in our ParaChat Community rooms.

(From the parachat member area)

As a paid ParaChat member, you will receive ALL of these incredible benefits:

1. Password-protected user name

In the ParaChat Community

In the Free ParaChat Network (coming soon)

2. Your very own member profile

Create a profile for other users to view (optional)

Create a personals ad for other users to view (optional)

3. Access to an ad-free chat environment

No skyscraper ads

No pop-up ads

No banner ads

All this and more for ONLY $5.95 a year

(this is an introductory price for a limited time)

So my question to Paw, is, Is this gonna be the room you're gonna stay with? I would register if so.

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Hape, Was I still there after I left? icon_razz.gif:P--> Kathy

No, Chatty, you were not there, it was Lindy, Flysweet and someone else at 11:00 mtn time that still showed up on the list.

If you didn't log out when you left, then maybe I am wrong about why people still show as being in the room. Maybe it issomething to do with "Always on" connections and not logging out?

Not a big deal, just an observation to make for less confusion in a popular place. Sure is fun to see people there and get away.

HAP Hap (not hope or hop) HAPe4me icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I just came from the chat room...

something dosn't seem to be right...

It now has "ASK" where it used to have "SEND"

When i hit the "ASK" button. I get a "your question has been submitted" responce...

Did we break the chat room allready???

No one started a new room... the chatters who are there are in The Cafe - and it doesn't work. I started a new room just now.

Hope R. color>size>face>

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints - the sinners are much more fun... Billy Joel size>