GreaseSpot Cafe

Dave? Dave's not here.

pawtucket

I'm sure some day some drugstore chain will hire them as spokesmen. The commercial would start with Chong complaining about the price of ( prescription) drugs and end with them pitching that chain as "the best place to pick up your drugs!"

Besides George Lopez,there my favorite mexican comedians(i can say that because I am hispanic too) :dance:

Querido OKC WOW,

I didn't know you were hispanic. I wish that I was because I love la cultura hispano. I married a puertoriquena and have a half hispanic son who is majoring in Comparative Literature with a concentration in Spanish and Latin American literature. I love the foods, music and warmth of the Latin people.

Cheech and Chong are only half hispanic because Tommy Chong is Chinese and Scotch Irish. That's ok too because I like Chinese food, Scotch whisky, Irish beer and Celtic music also. Note: Guiness is not an Irish beer because it's brewed in Canada. I prefer a real Irish beer like O'Hara's.

That was Firesign, Sudo.

(Not that it really makes all that much difference, though.)

No, he was right. It was a Cheech and Chong routine. It was part of the Television Medley on Big Bambu.

"I cannot sign ze papers!"

"You VILL sign ze papers!!"

"What do ze papers say?"

"They say that you have not been harmed or mistreated in any way."

"Und vhy can you not sign ze papers?"

"Because you have broken both of my hands!"

Edited by Mark Clarke

BTW, they had been talking about doing a new movie together a couple or three years ago. They had joked about calling it "Grumpy Old Stoners." I don't know whatever became of that plan. Good to see they're getting together again. I never did any drugs, so everything I know about the drug culture I learned from them. And besides, they were funny!

People still quote "Dave's not here" all these years later.

And who can forget Sister Mary Elephant? Claaasss! SHUUUUTT UUUUPP!!!!

George Harrison and Billy Preston were among the big name musicians that played on "Basketball Jones."

And "Santa Claus and His Old Lady" is a still a Christmas favorite (at least on Dr. Demento).

Cheech and Chong are only half hispanic because Tommy Chong is Chinese and Scotch Irish. That's ok too because I like Chinese food, Scotch whisky, Irish beer and Celtic music also. Note: Guiness is not an Irish beer because it's brewed in Canada. I prefer a real Irish beer like O'Hara's.

Besides being of Chinese and Scotch Irish descent, Tommy Chong himself is Canadian. So Guiness counts, but I prefer Molson. You know what I'm talkin' aboot, eh?

No, he was right. It was a Cheech and Chong routine. It was part of the Television Medley on Big Bambu.

"You VILL sign ze papers!!"

"What do ze papers say?"

"They say that you have not been harmed or mistreated in any way."

"Und vhy can you not sign ze papers?"

"Because you have broken both of my hands!"

Sorry about that. :redface:

For some reason I thought that was from Nick Danger, Third Eye.

Probably a glitch in the time machine.

No doubt caused by the misdeeds of Rocky Rococo.

Besides George Lopez,there my favorite mexican comedians(i can say that because I am hispanic too) :dance:

You do realize that none of them are Mexican, right? Cheech and Lopez are from L.A. Tommy Chong is Canadian who is part Chinese. It's also good that you didn't mention Carlos Mencia, because he's a complete faker. His real name is "Ned Holness" and I'm not sure if he's actually even hispanic at all.

I just had to point this out because it annoys my wife (and now by extension, me) whenever Americans refer to themselves as Mexicans just because someone in their ancestry came from Mexico. There is a huge difference between someone from Mexico and even a first-born American whose parents came from Mexico, and my wife hates when all these crude, moronic, people (especially Carlos Mencia) make up lies and attribute it to latinos or Mexicans.

Note: Guiness is not an Irish beer because it's brewed in Canada. I prefer a real Irish beer like O'Hara's.

Incorrect. Guinness is brewed in Ireland, but they have breweries in the U.S. and Canada too I suppose. In any case, it tastes much better in Ireland, despite their attempts to have strict controls on it elsewhere. Personally though, my favorite right now is Hoegaarden.

Sorry about that. :redface:

For some reason I thought that was from Nick Danger, Third Eye.

Probably a glitch in the time machine.

No doubt caused by the misdeeds of Rocky Rococo.

You've got the wrong man. I spell my name... DANGER!

(The accents in the Cheech and Chong routine did sound kind of like Rocky Rococo, though.)

Yeah,

It was Cheech and Chong alright. Looks like we have us a few former stoners here on the Greasespot, eh? But Firesign Theater was great as well. Too much of it went over my head back then, though... eg, The far flung isles of Langerhans!!

sudo

Mr. P,

Actually the reason your Guinness tastes better in Ireland than the States is because what you get here is brewed in Canada for the "American palate." Technically, Guinness is not even a stout, it's a porter. Stouts have a much higher gravity and abv than the 4.3 of Guinness.

Actually my favorite stout is Lion from Sri Lanka @ 8% abv. It has a much better mouthfeel and carmel character. When it comes to an Irish Red Ale, give me O'Hara's.

Well I declare,,, It had something to do with a napkin and a roll. A lot of twisting and turning it into a piece of fruit.

Hence , "Ain't that a peach"

Actually according to Wiki, Ned Mencia (stage name Carlos Mencia) was born in the Honduras to a Mexican mother (Magdelena Mencía) and Honduran father (Roberto Holness), the 17th of 18 children. HIs mother was in the process of a domestic dispute at the time and did not put his father's name on the birth certificate. He was raised by an aunt and uncle Consuelo and Pablo Mencia in East L.A. He went by the name Ned Holness until he was 18, (1985) according to him out of respect for his biological father.

Of course that is totally separate from whether one likes his humor or not.

~HAP

You do realize that none of them are Mexican, right? Cheech and Lopez are from L.A. Tommy Chong is Canadian who is part Chinese. It's also good that you didn't mention Carlos Mencia, because he's a complete faker. His real name is "Ned Holness" and I'm not sure if he's actually even hispanic at all.

I just had to point this out because it annoys my wife (and now by extension, me) whenever Americans refer to themselves as Mexicans just because someone in their ancestry came from Mexico. There is a huge difference between someone from Mexico and even a first-born American whose parents came from Mexico, and my wife hates when all these crude, moronic, people (especially Carlos Mencia) make up lies and attribute it to latinos or Mexicans.

Incorrect. Guinness is brewed in Ireland, but they have breweries in the U.S. and Canada too I suppose. In any case, it tastes much better in Ireland, despite their attempts to have strict controls on it elsewhere. Personally though, my favorite right now is Hoegaarden.

Edited by HAPe4me