GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone really gonna go to that thing? I mean, good food, fun, music and dancing... :beer::drink:

Who wants that? :wink2:

Yea --- I agree Dooj. I'd MUCH rather be witnessing at the mall, or sumthin like that!. :biglaugh:

(When Florida is mentioned, the silhouette of California is shown. Intentional??) ;)

Edited by dmiller

Gosh, I guess I should respond here. It's official, my house, 2nd weekend in Nov. OK, that's like Nov. 8th, for all you calendar deficient patrons.

We will do the usual, Friday nite pregame, Saturday is the big doo, Sunday morning fellowship at 9am, ok more like 10, and then brunch.

All are welcome, bring food if you live near, otherwise if you want to contribute, see me and give me whatever funds you want to donate. Not required, but appreciated. Any leftoverbucks after food costs go to GS.

And I must announce, my wow brother from 1978, who I don't think I've seen since then, will be here! Can't wait to see you, Jim.

We so rock. Just tell me when you are going to show up, and we will have food and beer. (Alternative beverages are left up to the individual patrons.)

Don't worry might be coerced into bring lobster once again. So he is exempt from the alternative beverage arrangement.

Just let me know by pm if you need directions, hotel lists, plane info, etc. I am a true font of information. :wave:

Oh yeah and I forgot to add......my beloved is not cooking this year, that's up to dooj, what he wants to do is jam with all you who play instruments. So, if you can manage, bring your instruments, and let us know what needs to be electrified. A jam session is totally in order; but I need to know if we need to clean out our garage or not for playing. If it's not too loud, we can jam on the deck, after we warn the neighbors. If it's gonna be loud, we have to clean out the garage, so let me know. ;)

Looking forward to it!!! I've got an electric bass and can bring my bass amp too …other than the occasional jam with my son I haven't played with anyone in a loooooong time – if ya'll will put up with old rusty fingers here, I'd love to jam…out of consideration for your neighbors I think it should be in the garage…I sooooooo look forward to hanging out with folks I really don't care what's for grub or if we get to jam.

Edited by T-Bone

Ok, t-bone, Kris is on garage detail. ;) I'm sure once we push all our junk up against the walls, we will be soundproofed.

Jeff has a pa system with some awesome boze speakers, mix board and such stuff. It's old, but hey, it stills sounds awesome.

Ok, t-bone, Kris is on garage detail. ;) I'm sure once we push all our junk up against the walls, we will be soundproofed.

Jeff has a pa system with some awesome boze speakers, mix board and such stuff. It's old, but hey, it stills sounds awesome.

Ha T ........ I don't think we checked with the neighbors when we used those for the Dove wedding dance at the old homestead. :biglaugh:

What are you turning into an old fuddy duddy? :biglaugh: Then again as much champagne as we went through I bet the speakers were the least of their worries.

I though you were supposed to DANCE!

I might bring a saxophone or two.

George

Oh well, Dancing is a constant.

(BTW -I don't sing. It can't even be called singing in the remotest of terms. :) )

Edited by doojable

...TBone: I'm sure there will be plenty of snacks to eat out on the table beforehand...

Yeah....provided their cat doesn't get to the snacks first. :biglaugh:

"Yo, Tom - quit messin' with my food !"

hungrycat.jpg

Hey y'all.

Now I'm really pi$$ed off.

Y'all are going to have such a great time. And I won't be there :( . Ex10, you really do need to get Skype so's I can join you at a distance, not as good as the real thing but better than nothing. Just don't have DWBH wave those lobsters around too much! And I wanna hear the jam session(s)!!!!! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap: