GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

NiKa - The recipe for the Pulled Pork is somewhere down in the Kitchen Forum. I'll see if I can find it and bump the thread.

I'll post the recipe for the Truffle cake in a day or two. (There's no flour in it, which is the reason I made it. One regular BBQ attendee asked for a gluten-free dessert.)

They're both easy.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pictures, George! Everyone looks great and your home is lovely...so sorry we couldn't be there with you all.

I see that the strange one is wearing yet another t-shirt sporting (not the biblical kind) a Kinky Friedman quote...I'm jealous.

Hugs to all,

tonto & T

Hey Ya'll! I'm finally able to log onto a computer. I've been tooling around Louisiana since I left the BBQ and am off to start my cruise tomorrow. But I wanted to say thankyou to George and The Countess for being such wonderful hosts. Your house is beautiful, your familily is lovely and you are both exceptional! Thanks so much for puting up with our antics.

Ex10 and Jeff you two were wonderful hosts as well and I had such a great time cruisin' the Woodlands!

I ate like a pig, drank like a fish, danced like a fool and met some wonderful people...all in all I dont think I could have had more fun!

Rascal it was great finally meeting you and chatting! We'll have to get together again...perhaps next year.

Well gotta go...repack again so we can depart. Love ya'll!

Two drink limit, good. Limit on reindeer sausage: bad. Limit on Sax's stuffed jalepenos and Dooj's chocolate truffle cake: no limit is advised. Countess's BBQ brisket and Dooj's pulled pork: no acceptable limit. Limit on dancing: not in this lifetime.

I think that TexasNurse and I were already back home by the time the serious dancing started, though.

I bet it was better than The Singing Ladies of The Way videos. :biglaugh:

There was Limit on Sausage? ? ? ---HMMM

remind me next time to send more--

So glad everyone had a wonderful time missed you all-- missed Dooj's cooking, the laughter , the getting to know everyone-- next year ..........the good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise................. plan to be there