GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After chatting with ex10 last night and learning from her that my alma mater, Texas Tech, is about to lose it's accredation :( , and then reading the latest posts here, I just popped in to say that John Denver was a Tech alumnus.

Back to the regularly schedules posts.

See you'uns at the barbecue!!

Ex10, have you figured out how to get Skype yet? And a portable webcam? Hey, I wanna see all the fun!!!!!!!

(I wanna be there, but that's another matter...)

So don't forget to send me a doggie-bag!

After chatting with ex10 last night and learning from her that my alma mater, Texas Tech, is about to lose it's accredation :( , and then reading the latest posts here, I just popped in to say that John Denver was a Tech alumnus.

Back to the regularly schedules posts.

See you'uns at the barbecue!!

and he grew up (at least went to high school) in FW... see ya in November...

Just come Twinky!

Remember that some GS-ers need to remain anonymous, so a webcam is probably out.

George

...but GSG ...we're talking about Twinky here... she's already seen all of us...

Regarding the Skype thing... I just looked at it and we can probably figure that out Twinky.. and my laptop has a built-in webcam...

now we just have to find someone to bring the beer!

I would Love to come if I can but I will be at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival

on the weekend. Will there be any one doing anything during the week? It sure sounds like a lot of fun and I always miss the fun.

There will be some "pre-party" hanging out at ex10's on Friday, but nothing before that.

George

Portable webcam is easier than one on a laptop for showing the mad bits of action!!!

Anyone who doesn't want to be seen can stay out of range.

But hey it's only me! I enjoyed your happy smiling faces last year! I will have to get some stuff in to make mojitos unless EyesOpen can squeeze something down the airwaves! :drink:

There will be some "pre-party" hanging out at ex10's on Friday, but nothing before that.

George

Cool but I was hopeing for the week after actualy since the weekend I will be in my booth and have to set up Friday *sigh* I miss all the fun

I think I have to have my own private BBQ this year (not that November is the ideal time, here) though it just won't be the same without you wonderful lot. At least I will be able to smell the ... smoke... I can play HotSax's CD to give atmosphere.

Dammit, I want a job so's I have some disposable cash.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with ex10 today. Because her husband has a new job which may very likely necessitate his working that entire weekend, she has asked that the Countess and I host the BBQ at our place this year. My wonderful wife has indeed agreed, so count on all the usual revelry, just somewhat south of the previous venue. Though our home is not quite as expansive as stately Ex Manor, we should have no trouble accommodating the 'Spotters.

We live in Pearland, which is just south of Houston. If you plan to come by plane and have not made reservations yet, I would suggest flying into Houston Hobby (HOU), which is about 15 miles away, as opposed to Bush Intercontinental (IAH). If you already havereserved flights through Bush, not to worry. It's about an hour's drive from there to our place, but it's almost all highway. Ex WILL be coming, so if you planned to stay near her, you can probably come together, but you might also consider lodging near my home. The attached link to a Yahoo! map will give you some suggestions. The La Quinta may be your best bet for both location and price.

Hotels near 4822 Cloverfield Dr.

We really do need a headcount, though, to figure out food and logistics.

We look forward to seeing you in a little more than a month!

George

Thanks to you, Sir George, and your lovely Countess for ageeing to let us pass the BBQ spatuala on to you. :beer:

For all you oldtimers who are used to coming here, George and the Countess live about an hour due south of us. For you who have already reserved hotel rooms, many apologies for the change in location, but I'm sure there is still time to make the adjustment.

Can't wait! :dance: