GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rascal posting from Mr.St Georges computer!! He and THE countess are hosts extraordinare!!! The food is fabulous, the company hillarious.

I have been exhorted to ask Don about swatratra`s diaphragm. (Dont blame Rascal for this one DWBH, it was all Eyesopen and Dooj!)

Rumor has it that Don didnt come 'cause he couldnt hang with the 'big boys'. (Posted by Eyes who hijacked the puter when Rascal ran for another drink!)

Eyes is really f**ed up...

There's way too much chocolate at this BBQ- they're working on a sugar high now.

We're just being the wenches everyone expects us to be.

Edited by doojable

Is it my fault that Dooj spiked the chocolate truffle cake?

PS Rascal says 'I only had coffee'...you believe her...right? :unsure:

Hey you guys, it was good to talk to you by phone, wish I could have been at the BBQ with you. Had ma own big steak and a bottle of red wine... hence not ringing you back later (well, there is a big time difference!).

And I promise you I was wearing my Cafe T-shirt, just to show solidarity!

I'm back home with mr.niKa and the niKakids; what a wonderful gathering, George and Countess! Thank you for opening your lovely home to us! Rascal, it was so very delightful to get to know you. Dooj, that truffle cake was such a euphoria inducer that it might be illegal in Utah. And your pulled pork! Don't even get me started on the pulled pork. Countess, I missed the beans, but the brisket was absolute BBQ Heaven. HotSax, those jalepeno poppers were (once again) so very, very . . . hot! They were great!

Templelady, your reindeer sausage was really, really good! I kept going back over to pick up more bites all night long. You were missed, and so were Tonto and T-Bone, Twinkie, DWBH (where were you?) and everybody else who was there in spirit, but not in body. It was a smaller gathering this year, but just as sweet.

Thank you so very much, George and Countess. It was outstanding.

Love, niKa

:dance:

Edited by notinKansasanymore

A splendid time... thank you again to GSG and the Countess and all who made it happen!

A few pics from my phone (didn't take the camera)

post-1108-1226278406_thumb.jpg Ex10 on the way to the BBQ: "Are you guys sure you know how to get there?"

post-1108-1226278390_thumb.jpg The man, the legend... "HOTSAX"

post-1108-1226278350_thumb.jpg TexasNurse and sweet niKa

post-1108-1226278374_thumb.jpg What's better than two wonderful ladies? Three! THE Countess!, TexasNurse and niKa

post-1108-1226278491_thumb.jpg Friday night: "when are y'all gonna let me sleep? there's a party tomorrow!"

post-1108-1226278507_thumb.jpg Dooj and eyes after a long day touring the Woodlands in a convertible...