GreaseSpot Cafe

Can I share?

excathedra

Today around 11 a.m. I went grocery shopping and the young teen who was bagging my groceries was really sad.

So I asked her about what was the matter, etc.

Last night around midnight she lost $100. It fell out of her pocket. So I asked her where this happened, etc., and she told me she thinks it was at or by this park. (When she realized, she couldn't go look because she had to get to work at the store.)

So I told her I would go look. I went to the park -- nothing. But then I decided to walk along a few different streets that led away from the park because I knew she had walked away from the park and also there was a breeze.

Guess what! I found her money -- five $20 bills folded up -- on the street. I brought it back to her at the store. She was so happy. That's a lot of money for that kid and she worked so hard for it.

Happy ending. Made my day! :)

Thank you!!!

Geo. if I find it, I'll make you a believer lol. Hell, I'll make me a believer!!!!

This little park sits in the middle of an apartment complex where this girl lives. So I was just hoping all the kids that live over there weren't awake yet!!!!

When I was growing up, my family called me "the finder". I used to find things all the time. Honest.

Today around 11 a.m. I went grocery shopping and the young teen who was bagging my groceries was really sad.

So I asked her about what was the matter, etc.

Last night around midnight she lost $100. It fell out of her pocket. So I asked her where this happened, etc., and she told me she thinks it was at or by this park. (When she realized, she couldn't go look because she had to get to work at the store.)

So I told her I would go look. I went to the park -- nothing. But then I decided to walk along a few different streets that led away from the park because I knew she had walked away from the park and also there was a breeze.

Guess what! I found her money -- five $20 bills folded up -- on the street. I brought it back to her at the store. She was so happy. That's a lot of money for that kid and she worked so hard for it.

Happy ending. Made my day! :)

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Made YOUR day?

That little gal will remember this ALL of her life!

((((Excie)))),

WOW!!! What a truly selfless and Loving thing to do!!!!

She will always love and remember You! Charactor counts on all "stages"!!! Such a Grrrredreat example was Your gift to her, far more precious and

priceless than the money You returned to Her!!!

Your act of kindness may snowball into a "Pay It Forward" type attitude or situation in the long run and at the very least; You know what You are truly made of and how GOD sees You!!!

How nice, Excathedra! I figure getting her $100 back is a significant blessing to the young lady. Way to go!

But in order to teach her a further lesson about the downside of careless living, maybe you could send me door-to-door witnessing in her neighborhood. :biglaugh:

A very simple act of kindness, a walk along a park walkway, and a young lady recovers something more than money....the gift of a stranger.

Way to go, excie!!!

You are da best!!!!

That young lady will remember this simple act and tell her grandkids and others about it...which might prompt...

A very simple act of kindness......

So, is the girl going to take the Class now? <_< :biglaugh:

Just kidding, but isn't it nice to be able to have such an experience and not have to have some other motive (like getting them into the Class)?

BTW, my wife finds things all the time. When she loses something, if she stays calm, God shows her a little mental picture of where it is, and sure enough, it's there!

That story really blessed me, but more than that I believe that God worked through you that day! Kinda reminds me of how the prophet Elisha found the lost axe head in the lake that one time on the OT (2 Kings 6:6)

hey you wonderful "guys"

i'm going to sign off here in a sec.

but you know what's weird

So, is the girl going to take the Class now?

little things in life can make you think about these things that mark just said

how nice not to ever have a hidden agenda

--

and at the same time, i did wonder if she had said a prayer

not trying to be weird

but you know that thing about being in the right place at the right time

oh, i don't know

i'm insane

but i love you all and thanks for letting me share

i mean it

----

meaning, do these things happen because of god or whatev?

does it matter? i don't know

never meant to be philosophical on this thing but that's me

can't shut this damn brain off

I THINK I'M A TRUE-BLUE WAYFERHEAD

bye

Commit acts of random kindness! Awesome

One time we were on vacation at Dover Downs and my son was at an atm machine when suddenly the wind started blowing all this money everywhere and the lady it belonged to couldn't catch it,my son at the time

a footbal player in high school was running after it as it went everywhere including hwy 13,he caught some

of it and gave it too the lady but alot was lost.

She was glad he was there cause she was older and couldn't move that fast. I don't think either will

forget that.

Excie, as you know, I've been questioning a lot about God and other things. I'm wondering if the next time you see her when your at the grocery store if you could ask her if she prayer before? I know it sounds weird but it would be interesting to know.

You have a great heart Excie. Even the thought of helping someone feels good inside, doesn't it.