GreaseSpot Cafe

Vic the grandson kicks off new waycorps program

GrouchoMarxJr

And for the Mc's.. I have a few questions.

1. What's the state of the farm? I mean.. are you wallowing in debt.. is it largely abandoned? Economic tough times?

2. Does this influx of donations and free labor alleviate your condition?

3. Who's name is on the title deed?

umm.. ya know.. even with a verbal agreement and spit and handshake, whatever permanent improvements are done to real estate will belong to the holder of a title..

and one can find themselves "dismissed at any time" by those who REALLY have the "oversight"..

it happened to those who built on twi's land, even to those with whom vic had a covenant of salt..

or did you relinquish the deed to sewers inc?

If so.. the original owner might find themselves in the same position..

Edited by Ham

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other appropriate lyrics IMO

"We are all just prisoners here,

Of our own device"

And in the master's chambers

They gathered for the feast,

They stabbed it with their steely knives,

But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door,

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before,

"Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive,

You can check out anytime you like... but you can never leave"

Edited by Jim

I just hope they have a truck stop nearby that can keep them supplied with Moon Pies!

Sounds like a good business opportunity might be opening up there, Waysider! Though you shouldn't just rely on the chosen 12.

I reckon this will be "sweet as" for the first 2-4 years, a bit like the Way Corps except for the Zero Corps, and then (if it continues) will become increasingly regulated.

The kids could probably learn a heck of a lot more digging wells in Africa, or working as volunteers out in India or Bangladesh or Hungary or Albania.

I wonder if they offered door prizes at the big "shindig"..

autographed copies of old vey publications..

the victors belting out a tune or two..

*tuning up*

*la la la la la la la..*

*I'm stealing a bridge..*

*It's been stole before...*

*rosie holds all the rights..*

*but I'll show her what for.. do do do do..*

Cheranne, Sowers Magazine is published by Spirit and Truth Fellowship of Indianna(John Lynn and John Schoeheit). SOWERS is indirectly related to Christian Family Fellowship Ministries of Tipp City, Ohio. Kevin and Sarah(Wierwille) Gigou are VPW the 2nd's uncle and aunt.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Does anyone know if the SOWER magazine and the S.O.W.E.R.S. group is connected?

There are at least two The Sower magazines that i know of.

One is the magazine associated with the splinter group.

The other is a publication for Roman Catholic leadership.

Edited by waysider

• 2 months later...
my only thought is he has a nice set of teeth

VPW Redux does have a nice set of teeth, doesn't he. Handsome kid. And look, he lives on a farm! And he is the president of something! And there are Bibles and guns and tables and, oh!, some handsome young men and pretty young women there with him, too. And those handsome young men and pretty young women pay money (!) for the privilege of making improvements on that farm.

I feel sick.

So, is it a race or is it a battle?

I don't think they charge the "participants".. but it's plenty of free labor.

I see they are still advertising for a "believer" with some plumbing skills.. a "believer" who likely cannot expect honest renumeration for said services. "Free" bible teachings provided on sundays as well..

and a plug for someone to donate a vehicle.

what this tells me.. they are running a worse slipshod operation than their ancestor did.

It's winter, and the "sowers building" still doesn't have functional plumbing..

and still no van.

Very poorly, hastily planned.. insufficient resources..

holed up in mississippi in the middle of the winter.. value "st vic's" word like the Word of Gawd..

of COURSE they want people to come to the bible teaching.. put on a charismatic show.. the "participants" of the program will say how "wonderful" everything is, even with *lack* (hint) of abundance..

The whole scenario probably more resembles an old style southern plantation six days a week..

His website says it is a full-time 24/7 thing, running from September to June. Room and board provided. What kind of scheming fool would give that away for free? (I answer my own question, I know..)

And, volunteers must have a high school diploma and be at least 18 years old. Well, that's a relief. At least everyone will be mature and well-educated before moving in to renovate the farm.

And, volunteers must have a high school diploma and be at least 18 years old. Well, that's a relief. At least everyone will be mature and well-educated before moving in to renovate the farm.

...and renovate it they will...but what I wonder is...does Vic jr tell the "snow on the gaspumps" story late at night around the campfire?

JMHO but I am betting old .. I guess I should say young v2p2 does come here... I hope he takes some of the info out there to heart and tries to do better than his grandfather. I know the odds are against it all being really of God and of benifit to those who become involved but a gal can hope for something good right???

Besides he does have a pretty smile.... holds up mirror to deflect earstwhile look... and magnetic pull.....

vows to not look at picture again.

...and renovate it they will...but what I wonder is...does Vic jr tell the "snow on the gaspumps" story late at night around the campfire?

Ah, the campfire! The campfire, the campfire.

How much human history has been set in motion around the campfire? Wars. Love. Schemers. Plotters. Steelworkers. Cooks. Arsonists. People who love smoky wood.., Ah!

Ahhhh, yes. I can remember it now, as if it were yesterday. The summer school class of 1975 at Way HQ, sitting in The Way Woods around a roaring campfire, all eyes fixated upon the flames. Relaxing, relaxing, relaxing, upon our earthen seats. A time when all defenses were down -- a time when, after a busy day of school we would gather and sit (oh, no, S.I.T!) and wait for doctor to arrive upon his golf cart. Then we would sit and listen to him speak from his heart, into hearts that were helpless and open.

Ahhhh, yes. The tender times around campfires...

Makes me want to break out in song, it does!

what I'm trying to figure..

how can someone.. in their RIGHT MIND name their own kid after the vicster..

it'd be like me naming my precious offspring after Al Capone or something..

jp KNEW how abusive gramps could be.. I'm sure he knew of the comings and goings..

even back when I was still in the "ministry".. I thought naming the kid vp was kinda off color..

now it just looks plain NUTS..

on his profile.. I think it was either myspace, or on the cff site.. somewhere..

the kid named gramps as one of his HEROS. Above pops..

Isn't that slightly "troubling"?

it would be like naming Jeffrey Dahmer as one's hero..

isn't that kinda "sick"?

Same for the rest of those numbnuts who think all of vic's "problems" were the women's fault..

it would be like claiming Dahmer's victims were to fault, because they were young and tasty..