GreaseSpot Cafe

P-Chem is EASY

Ham

and I can do the integrations and such by hand before the prof can figure out how to use the integral tables..

well, easy is relative.. it did take me a bunch of years to get to this point. Double the math required, a half a dozen chemistry classes.. physics..

now I can go back to doing homework in ink..

:evildenk:

and I can do the integrations and such by hand before the prof can figure out how to use the integral tables..

well, easy is relative.. it did take me a bunch of years to get to this point. Double the math required, a half a dozen chemistry classes.. physics..

Congrats on going through calculus and p-chem at such an advanced age :biglaugh:

I switched out of chemistry before p-chem. I had 13 hours of calculus, which I did well then, but wouldn't want to try it now.

I think I switched during organic, I was only interested in the alcohols :beer: and found nothing very inspiring in the lab work.

You have one more year or so?

I remember taking advanced quantum mechanics my first semester in graduate school. I really tried to understand what all the integrals actually "meant" (physically). I wound up getting a B on my first hourly, so I said, the heck with this, I'm just doing the math. I got the highest grade in the class on the other two hourlies and the final :rolleyes:

Physical chemistry: get a chemistry degree without ever touching a chemical. All you need is a high-powered computer!

George

You have one more year or so?

well.. I survive this semester, and then.. either.. ONE 300 level math class and 1 credit math seminar..

or.. one 300 level chemistry class, like physical chem II and the one credit math seminar.

I might take all three. along with an acturarial prep course.

then there's grad school..

Or I could go back for one more year where I'm at.. and make it a double degree, math and chemistry..

that's what I originally wanted to do back in the seventies.