GreaseSpot Cafe

Will The Real Me Please Stand Up

vickles

I am not very experienced with this sort of thing, so please forgive my ignorance. What is a cyber-stalker and what do they do? And what more could they do if they knew your real name?

Ever have a person who followed you around at work or whenever you went into a store or a local

hangout like a bar or something?

Picture if they tried to follow you home.

Cyberstalkers can range from "I want to be your friend 24/7 no matter how obnoxious I get" to

"If I can't control your life, I will kill you."

Mine was more the former. They went from messageboard to messageboard, tried to ingratiate

themself with my friends and acquaintances, and did various transparent things to try to cozy up to me.

Since they were transparent, all they did was insult me more.

Treating them like an adult-who could be told "go away" was useless. Eventually, I had to go to the

staff of every messageboard I was currently on and report her. I even reported her on boards she

hadn't appeared on yet. In some cases, I ended up discussing it with the regular posters.

Once I treated them like a 10-year old who couldn't be trusted to log onto the internet, THEN they

got the message "go away."

I never invited the last one, and I won't invite the next one-who will try to get personal information

on me. With all of cyberspace to check, she's STILL going to have to put in a lot of work to find

anything personally-identifiable on me.

aawww thanks, Kimberly.

This came up because some people were complaining that members were incognito. I wanted to make a statement.

I don't really get on the internet all that much and if someone wants to google me thats ok with me. They won't find out too much unless you want to find out something negative from my ex-husband, who lurks here. I've learned not to be afraid. Life is too short to live in fear, especially since wasting half my life for a stupid cult.

• 3 weeks later...
I originally posted under my full name, but I've since stopped that. Not that I hide it much.

Altho you did get rather irrate about people misspelling it as 'Rapheal' ... Like one of the Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtles? :ph34r:

;)

IIRC I posted my full name on the "My Story" forum a few years ago, and occassionally I mention my name, but I'm comfortable using "Oakspear". In fact, in my wedding business I used the name Th0mas 0akspear J0yce (it's a code to snag the occassional pagan couple :biglaugh: ) but my full name is Th0mas James J0yce, Jr. (Mom isn't too happy with my using "Oakspear" as a middle name. Grease Spotters tend to call me oakspear or Oak, even when they knowmy name.

dear miss vickles pickles. i don't mind if i know your real name or not -- either way you are simply wonderful

i don't want to use my real name here. it has nothing to do with the damn dying dead way tree lol

i just woudn't want people in my real life to know how i really am ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

this is my safe haven and i need it and appreciate it

i tried to be myself not too long ago and i got hurt. i'm learning maybe lol