GreaseSpot Cafe

Am I the only one...

Rocky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear (((Ala))),

I am quoting this from Paw"n the front page of the forum at the bottom there is a place to click that will delete all cookies from this site. Try doing that.

Then log off and then back on"

Clear Your history and cookies help a lot!

Love, RG

LOLOLOL - I was just about to post success and got booted again. Here is what I did that worked for the last 36 hours - but failed just now.

Remove cookies from GSC on the GSC bar. Shut down Firefox. Bring Firefox back up, don't log into GSC, remove GSC cookies from Firefox. Log into GSC

Obviously per above not a permanent solution

Not that I can offer any solutions, but is this something that just recently happened,

or has it been an ongoing thing? Sorry to hear of the problems some are having.

I'm sure it's VERY frustrating. :(

Just since the upgrade.

My solution was short-lived...

Mine too

Dear (((Ala))),

I am quoting this from Paw"n the front page of the forum at the bottom there is a place to click that will delete all cookies from this site. Try doing that.

Then log off and then back on"

Clear Your history and cookies help a lot!

Love, RG

been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :)

Paw.

I've searched and searched... cannot find this place at the bottom of the front page (i'm assuming that means HOME PAGE) of this website to 'click' and delete these cookies.

hmmm???? where it be?

is this the 'front page, home page? http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/

Ala,

To get there go to the bottom right hand side as You face your pc -- of the your topics page of this forum. then where you see Forum Home with GO after it. Press it and it takes You to the General forumPage...scroll down to the bottom. it is just under the Soap Opera Returns Forum. It reads "delete cokies set by this board"

to delete your history and internet cookies go to Your browser home page...under tools on the right uppper top corner as you face your PC is tools...open it and click on interret options...under that when it opens you will find browsing history and delete temporary internet cookies option to delete them it will help as well as deleting them in GRSC

Ala,

When you click that clear button you will get logged out, it is supposed to do that. Did you get kicked off AFTER that?

Obviously, I'm not Ala... but I do still get kicked off AFTER clicking the clear cookies button and the subsequent log in.

I don't mind having to log in everyday - or every time I visit. It is bothersome to get logged off while posting or surfing.

Now I only have one choice of "skins" - "Denim" which is too big for my screen. The blue "Default" is gone - at least for me and for now.

I don't mind having to log in everyday - or every time I visit. It is bothersome to get logged off while posting or surfing.

Now I only have one choice of "skins" - "Denim" which is too big for my screen. The blue "Default" is gone - at least for me and for now.

I found the same diminuation of options this morning. However, I did notice that I didn't have to log in this morning (yet).

I have NOT been logged off of the site (unexpectedly) today.

I figured the removal of the alternative "skin" for GSC was done to remove a potential cause for the problem. It may have worked. :)

I still prefer the OTHER view (but not getting logged off).