GreaseSpot Cafe

Hurricane Ike and TWI

Twinky

Many years ago I was at HQ and we were preparing for the Rock. My recollection is that the big marquees had been erected. A tornado (small one) came through and HQ was right in its path. A lot of prayer went on. The tornado could be seen in the distance and it sort of veered off to the left, missing all TWI land, later resuming more or less its original course once past TWI land.

Well not being a local lass, I couldn't say about the details and whatever it was - it was a gray whirly mass that approached (but perhaps slowly) from the distance and then drifted off to the side. (This I did see.) And it was mighty windy (this I felt!). And there was much concern for the state of the marquees.

Anyway: I just read on another thread that Ohio 's power is out and Ike is messing around in the midwest. Am just wondering if anyone knows how HQ may have been affected. No doubt they have their own generators and can have some power available for essentials.

But did they "pray away" the worst of the winds, and claim God's hand of protection over the property?

Have they not suffered any damage? Or only minor damage?

Without doubt, any lack of damage will be attributed to the mighty protection of God (and maybe it is) and the power of prayer (and maybe it is) but more likely is due to just being on the edge of the storm.

Any innies reading this, what's the information you were given? Maybe there will be something on your latest SNS (still to come)?

Have they (cough) offered help to anyone?

I heard from an innie contact that HQ lost power and the phone hook ups were canceled.

I guess this was all the wicked hand of the adversary, out to stop the movement of the word: all that destruction from Ike just to get at TWI.

Perhaps there will be something, some spiritual insight, on the next SNS that comes out (this coming Sunday?). Jim, you're excused from listening.

Actually I would be surprised if they don't have a generator somewhere to provide essential power for food storage and emergency lighting in the main buildings. And they are pretty good and quick at fixing things that are physically wrong.

Twinky,

Your post just made me think again about TWI.

Re:"I heard from an innie contact that HQ lost power and the phone hook ups were canceled."

Sometimes I forget that TWI is STILL a cult and still perusing this forum to try and ferret out innies who inform on them.

sudo