GreaseSpot Cafe

The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers

WhiteDove

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours

in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 Beers.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front

of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and

empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked

the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor

then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the

jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the

jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.' The professor

then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire

contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The

students laughed.

Now, said the professor as the laughter subsided,

I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls

are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your

friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and

only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car. The

sand is everything else---the small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar

first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf

balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the

small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

'Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Spend

time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with

grandparents. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to

dinner. There will always be time to clean the house and

fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that

really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The

professor smiled and said, I'm glad you asked.

The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a

couple of Beers with a friend.

Thank you ((((White Dove))))),

I needed to be reminded to reflect the highest degree of my attention and focus on the people who truly matter

the very most in my life; My two Families; both earthly and Heavenly. To pause often, to remember that every

cause both small and great is something to be weighed and considered well.

Are We not taught the greatest lessens in the most down to earth simplest, and purest of ways???

That purity of ways chastens and cleanses us. With it our aim's and our prospectives's untangle and become

less complicated and more selfless.

Not only do I seek a true relationship with and a true understanding of GOD in my life with all my heart, mind

and strength, but I seek that brand new feeling I get when He chastens me and cleanses me with his Love and

His Word.

How many times have we all thought or said: " Oh but to be brand new again" Fresh and clean as a new borne

babe. When I was a child, due to my childish ways I used to fear being chastened reproved or corrected. I was

a rebel; and a righteous one in my own eyes. Humbling myself or submitting might make me weak and

vulnerable. I never relied on anyone else's strength; they might pull the rug out from under me and fail me. I

was so scared of those potential possibilities, I could never really let my guard down or anyone truly into my

life.

Well, the only wise GOD knew that and out of His perfect Love carefully and precisely, at exactly all the right

times and in the very simplest of ways; so that I could see them, showed me His absolute strength and power.

Saving me when I didn't deserve or appreciate it. I wasn't ever capable of absolute power and authority over

anyone including myself. I lack the amount of Love, Wisdom and Knowledge to ever make it all on my own. I

may not be the brightest star in the sky, but I am glad to no longer be that rebellious child whose actions were

fearfully and selfishly based. I really couldn't do anything in my life alone without GOD. I would have never

made it past five years old; if that, without GOD!!!

Defiant against authority, fighting to overthrow and revolt against true power

and authority at best is absolutely foolish,...even Satan understands that. The Love of GOD constrained me, not

fear of His power or justice. I was already worthy of His justice; but He Gave me His Love, His Care, and His

watchful protection instead of what a rebel deserves or should get. Usually rebels do themselves in by their

very own nature and actions, I am glad that He rescued and rescues me from all things earthly.

Seek what is true, real and important and never fear your mistakes or being corrected; GOD alone, through His

Love and gifts to us makes us brand new, clean again!!! If GOD is for us who can be against us??? No one!!!

So right back at You GOD; I am ALL for You!!!

All of Romans chapter 8 speaks to the rebel in my soul! Now when I feel rebellious I redirect it; toward being a

rebel for GOD...not against Him! That truly makes me strong, invincible and protected.

What that professor taught White Dove, was so right on and clear! GOD is my Father and You are my Family

my first and utmost primary focus and concern!!!

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [it is] God that justifieth.

Rom 8:34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [it is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thank you GOD for chastening me and teaching me that it is a good and needed process!!!

Pro 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Deu 8:5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, [so] the LORD thy God

chasteneth thee.

Pro 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Hbr 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hbr 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father

chasteneth not?

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;