GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way on Talk Soup

Nato

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable!!! They wanted to be famous, and now they're on TV!!! I'm sure TWI thinks it's devilish...mooooaahhhhhhhh!!!!

I love Talk Soup, and I missed this one. LMAO!!!!! PIMP!!!!

I bet TWI takes their videos offline now. They will probably try to sue the E! network for copyright infringement if they can. Does anyone know? I'm sure E! is very aware of those types of laws so maybe not.

I love Joel McHale and Chelsea Handler! They are obnoxiously funny.

Edited by Nottawayfer

I wish I knew. Maybe they found this full-length version on YouTube and said it's fair game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQ95bf4zU0

Someone posted that on the Talk Soup page comments.

I found it because my brother-in-law was watching Talk Soup last night and he told my sister (also an ex-wayfer) and she ambushed me on myspace with it. I almost died when he said "The Way" and I realize what I was watching!!!

Any idea how they got wind of it, Nato? Or does the need to stop the madness scream so loudly that it was just a matter of time?

Way Prod had TALENT. The *message* might not have been one you would like to hear (even though *in*),

but you sit behind a pedal steel guitar, and even tell me what TUNING THE STRINGS ARE IN, if you can.

Shucks --- you're denigrating folks who could pick, given the message they delivered,

rather than what they did on stage, with instrument in hand to audiences across the country.

Nother words, you are mistaken, musically *negligent*, and (somewhat) biased in this. :)

This stuff here pales in comparison to the times when there were REAL musicians on stage.

It's a friggin *stage show* now days --- judging by this video.

Anyone else remember Skip, Dean, John R., Dave G, Mike, Ritchie, the other Dave, Ken, Cliff, Claudette, Brian,

Stevie Kay, Dan M., Helen, Mary Ann, Joe, Paul, Ralph G., Dan H, John K.,

and a whole multitude of other performers (that I don't remember off-hand), on the TWI stages?

So Yea --- I agree with the guy who says *Stop It Forever!!*,

but to compare this performance with past performances from Way Prod ,

isn't being exactly fair. Just my IMO as a picker, who recognizes stage talent over *CANNED * stuff.

Edited by dmiller

Way Prod had TALENT. The *message* might not have been one you would like to hear (even though *in*),

but you sit behind a pedal steel guitar, and even tell me what TUNING THE STRINGS ARE IN, if you can.

Shucks --- you're denigrating folks who could pick, given the message they delivered,

rather than what they did on stage, with instrument in hand to audiences across the country.

Nother words, you are mistaken, musically *negligent*, and (somewhat) biased in this. :)

This stuff here pales in comparison to the times when there were REAL musicians on stage.

It's a friggin *stage show* now days --- judging by this video.

Anyone else remember Skip, Dean, John R., Dave G, Mike, Ritchie, the other Dave, Ken, Cliff, Claudette, Brian,

Stevie Kay, Dan M., Helen, Mary Ann, Joe, Paul, Ralph G., Dan H, John K.,

and a whole multitude of other performers (that I don't remember off-hand), on the TWI stages?

So Yea --- I agree with the guy who says *Stop It Forever!!*,

but to compare this performance with past performances from Way Prod , isn't being exactly fair.

You forgot Hope Harmon (Richeson).

I wish I knew. Maybe they found this full-length version on YouTube and said it's fair game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQ95bf4zU0

Someone posted that on the Talk Soup page comments.

I found it because my brother-in-law was watching Talk Soup last night and he told my sister (also an ex-wayfer) and she ambushed me on myspace with it. I almost died when he said "The Way" and I realize what I was watching!!!

I'm surprised that link is still on YouTube. All the other links to it have been removed for copyright claims from The Way International. I'm sure WayGB is on patrol now. If you google "The Renewed Mind is the Key", that video is all over the internet, and people are laughing their @$$e$ off.

I'm surprised that link is still on YouTube. All the other links to it have been removed for copyright claims from The Way International. I'm sure WayGB is on patrol now. If you google "The Renewed Mind is the Key", that video is all over the internet, and people are laughing their @$$e$ off.

As they should be! :)

I hope so, Nato. I had no idea this had spread so quickly, but after reading page after page of Googled pages that had the video it's plain to see how many picked up on it. And anyone can go to the Way's site and see this one plus their others so chances are good this ain't gonna go away for awhile. Anyone looking for a good laugh will be checking in from time to time to see what weirdness The Way is up to lately.

One thing I noticed is how many people are surprised to see that this stuff was produced and performed within the last year or so - thinking it was old and from the 80's or 90's and finding out this is "now" at the Way and cleary their expression of "hip".

Another is that a lot of people seem to be relatively kind in their responses. Talk Soup's take on it is hilarious, and most people seem to almost be treating it as if it would be cruel to make too much of a joke out of it as The Way's so obviously serious about it. And oddly - a lot of people seem to think they're "Baptists". :biglaugh: Check this one out dmiller....

Perhaps the best thing I've found is this site, that reviews Youtube stuff - it's the 2nd or 3rd in - scroll to the video to watch it as they still have it - the woman's reaction really says it all.

Thanks Natster! This has been a busy week for me and this really brought some humor to the day. I've copied some of the more interesting blog posts I found online, below -

[*]so did anybody else's gay-dar warn that a lightning bolt might strike the dude any second ?

[*]That guy has got some serious Crazy Eyes!

[*]Please tell me he's on some sort of watch list…

[*]You can find several more gems on the site, but this rockin' anthem about god as "seed" is my favorite.....

[*]I'm going to quit my job and just sit around all day watching this over and over.

[*] Blessed are the meek … but if you post our dang we'll sue you.

[*]The remix was GREAT but I really think the original is PRICELESS!!! Was God sitting up in heaven thinking "How can I possibly make the Baptists more dorky than they already are? I KNOW! I'll make them try to dance!!! LOL That will be funny! Wait till the Apostles see this!"

[*]I was sent this by a friend and I laughed so hard! I love when the guy does his solo dance….It is so bad it is good.

[*]Jesus was definitely a carpenter, because the blonde girl is giving me wood.

[*]christians frown upon homosexuality, right?

[*] well, it's a good thing dancing jesus man in the middle is completely straight.otherwise, that would be ironic.

[*]Keep your eye on the guy in the center. You'll know why soon enough. I'm making a Christians category for stuff like this.

[*]Tags: Funny, Religion, Bizarre, Dancing, Jesus, Christianity, Christian, contemporary christian music, christ, God, the renewed mind is the key, hmmm, live music, church singers, The Way International, denomination, Jesus is shaking his head right now, God wants no credit for this

[*]I can't believe that Christians aren't taken seriously…

[*]Yea, but didn't your hear the people clap? It must have been good.

[*]Can you really tell me that the devil didn't have ANY part in that? Seriously.

[*]As if we needed more evidence that white people can't dance. Although I suppose it was nice to include someone's mom in the act.

I just watched Talk Soup on TV, what a laugh, twi finally got the attention and notority they deserve!

I wonder how the talking heads at HQ are gonna spin this one! Especially the gay remarks and the white men can't dance or bust a move snarky comments!! LOL!!! Little ole twi is in a serious time warp, nothing has changed since the 80's!!!!

They're still wearing the same unhip clothes and performing the same dry uninspired over scripted choreography and moldy songs as when king Okie was in charge.

They seem to be like that M Night Shyamalan movie, "The Village", where the people intentionally closed themselves off to the outside world so they wouldn't be contaminated by the currect societal ills? So closed off and unaware of what life is like outside of the camp. They are clueless......