Defining WayBrain

doojable

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please do not engage in insulting behavior, personal attacks, and inflammatory language. This includes:

calling fellow posters names

labeling others with terms such as "Wierwille apologist" or "perpetual victim"

making disparaging remarks about fellow posters' character, motives, intelligence, religious beliefs (or lack thereof), or life outside these forums.

Implying negatives about fellow posters is also not acceptable.

Waybrain is not a word it is a slang term used predominatly here to disparage others and poke fun at their beliefs it is no different than N*gg*rbrain, or J*w,brain or P*lishbrain. It is nothing more than a derogatory pet name meant to discredit those that believe in such thing as PFAL, or SIT and various other religious beliefs.

Edited by WhiteDove

Waybrain is not a word it is a slang term used predominatly here to disparage others and poke fun at their beliefs it is no different than N*gg*rbrain, or J*w,brain or P*lishbrain. It is nothing more than a derogatory pet name meant to discredit those that believe in such thing as PFAL, or SIT and various other religious beliefs.[/color]

Slang terms are words, and every word was made up by someone at some time, so there's nothing wrong with the term Waybrain as a shorthand for the mindset of people involved in the Way. If you think that there is a specific mindset associated with n*gg*rs, J*ws, or the P*lish, then feel free to make up those terms.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

A derogatory term used by former followers who have collected at the GC who are dissatisfied with their former choices, and need to label it as something negative so as to feel better.

( see Wierwille apologist for further info)

I mean this sincerely... if you're so bugged by this why bother posting here? ("here" = on this thread) I dunno... I just steer clear of stuff that I know I'm going hate... just no time for it, really.

By the way... by using the words "derogatory term"... you've just labeled the word "term".

I don't get why you have a problem with this, to be honest? "Way Brain" is post-innie speak, that's all. I think you're internalizing this thread waaaay too much!

Edited by ChasUFarley

Waybrain is not a word it is a slang term used predominatly here to disparage others and poke fun at their beliefs it is no different than N*gg*rbrain, or J*w,brain or P*lishbrain. It is nothing more than a derogatory pet name meant to discredit those that believe in such thing as PFAL, or SIT and various other religious beliefs.

Oh really....??? :rolleyes:

Gee, I seem to recall in pfal where "WIERWILLE THE TEACHER" made references to the "carnal man"......he was "just an emptie floating by."

Or, wierwille calling anyone who left HIS ministry..........."a copout."

Diggin' the Weigh Brain T-Bone! Heavy Stuff!!! :biglaugh:

The term can be used cruelly and often is. I tend to think it gets slung too loosely.

But - if I wrote someone was "misguided", that isn't cruel, or mean, or lacking in courtesy, at face value.

I could write "White Dove's definition is misguided, at best" where misguided means that the reasoning being used to come up with a definition isn't sound, correct, or well thought out and as a result the definition doesn't make sense - in my estimation. I can try to prove that, give examples and evidence. It's not mean, uncourteous or cruel to write that or say that, IMO.

But it could be, stated differently - "White Dove's misguided effort to define "waybrain" only goes to show that the Dove has flown the coop once too many times and isn't flying straight. Take a break, White Dove, you're showing serious wing wear".

That's clearly different. I'm taking a shot at the Dovester. It's demeaning.

Anyway, to me "waybrain" mostly implies relating to Way related topics and subjects using only the information provided by the Way itself or it's materials. Like trying to define a word by using the same word - exa: waybrain means to have a way brain, etc.

Waybrain is a term I've come to use to define the cult mentality that is specific to those once in twi. There are some practices that are common to all cults - then there are specific acts that only twi people would understand.

I have not seen anyone use it on this thread in reference to any one person in particular.

Later I'll post some links that define what is a cult. In the meantime - please carry on.

Chas - nice!

Edited by doojable

Waybrain is not a word it is a slang term used predominatly here to disparage others and poke fun at their beliefs it is no different than N*gg*rbrain, or J*w,brain or P*lishbrain. It is nothing more than a derogatory pet name meant to discredit those that believe in such thing as PFAL, or SIT and various other religious beliefs.[/color]

Was this an inside joke?

Here are some definitions I found of a cult. I think you'll see that it's far more than a choice that is made - there seems to be some manipulation involved - which is common to all cults. I'll also post some excerpts.

The top of any of these pages will give you more links and info.

Universal Definition of a Cult

CULT - Any group which has a pyramid type authoritarian leadership structure with all teaching and guidance coming from the person/persons at the top. The group will claim to be the only way to God; Nirvana; Paradise; Ultimate Reality; Full Potential, Way to Happiness etc, and will use thought reform or mind control techniques to gain control and keep their members. This definition covers cults within all majopr world religions, along with those cults which have no OBVIOUS religious base such as commercial, educational and psychological cults. Others may define these a little differently, but this is the simplest to work from. THE 'ORTHODOX BIBLE-BASED CULT'

A group is called a cult because of their behaviour - not their doctrines. Doctrine is an issue in the area of Apologetics and Heresy. Most religious cults do teach what the Christian church would declare to be heresy but some do not. Some cults teach the basics of the Christian faith but have behavioural patterns that are abusive, controlling and cultic.

How They do This

# Their leader/s may claim a special, exclusive ministry, revelation or position of authority given by God.

# They believe they are the only true church and take a critical stance regarding the Christian church while at the same time praising and exalting their own group, leader/s and work.

# They use intimidation or psychological manipulation to keep members loyal to their ranks. This could be in the form of threats of dire calamity sent by God if they leave; certain death at Armageddon; being shunned by their family and friends etc. This is a vital part of the mind control process.

Results of This Abuse

# PERSONALITY CHANGES

Relatives will say they no longer recognize the person. From a warm, loving personality will come heaped abuse, rejection and feelings of hate. The cult member sees himself as "righteous" in comparison and this comes across in their attitude toward all outsiders.

# LOSS OF IDENTITY

They cannot see themselves as individuals apart from the group. Some even change their name as a rejection of their former life.

# PARANOID - WE ARE BEING PERSECUTED

Any time you say anything negative about the group, whether justified or no, it is regarded as "persecution". Any criticism of the individual is also seen as persecution only because they are the "true Christian" or "enlightened" one - not because they, as an individual, have done the wrong thing. However, at the same time they will feel free to criticise whatever you believe, say and do because they are "the only ones who are right"

Edited by doojable

Was this an inside joke?

No.

IMHO, it was an attempt to arrest an active discussion with active participants

=======

Whether or not an apparent inability to see the merits in such a discussion,

but only moves to suppress it, is evidence of something, is a matter of

personal opinion, of course.

Edited by Modgellan
edited to remove offtopic comments and personal attack

The belief that there is such a thing a Truth with a capital T. And that it's possible for anyone to know it.

Apparently Jesus thought that we could .....

John 8:32 (King James Version)

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Paul too.......

1 Timothy 2:4 (King James Version)

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I find your derogatory remarks as to biblical beliefs as way brained insulting.

I mean this sincerely... if you're so bugged by this why bother posting here? ("here" = on this thread) I dunno... I just steer clear of stuff that I know I'm going hate... just no time for it, really.

By the way... by using the words "derogatory term"... you've just labeled the word "term".

I don't get why you have a problem with this, to be honest? "Way Brain" is post-innie speak, that's all. I think you're internalizing this thread waaaay too much!

So we are just supposed to turn the other way while you ridicule our beliefs? Will you do the same and what is the point of rules?

By the way derogatory term is what it is. That's english for what you are doing.

Derogatory

tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.

Oh really....??? :rolleyes:

Gee, I seem to recall in pfal where "WIERWILLE THE TEACHER" made references to the "carnal man"......he was "just an emptie floating by."

Or, wierwille calling anyone who left HIS ministry..........."a copout."

So your defence is because someone else did something wrong it's ok for me to do so as well? Hardly a standard I would embrace.

Edited by WhiteDove

Anyway...

I've done some internet research about other cults - I've found a site much like the Cafe but it's devoted to a group that once was involved with a form of dieting. The group leader seems to endorse a form of dieting that leads to anorexia.

No religion. No God. No Jesus.

BUT they still refer to some of the same things we here at the cafe refer to. They of course would have a different term to describe their "brain"

Edited by doojable

So your defence is because someone else did something wrong it's ok for me to do so as well? Hardly a standard I would embrace.

Or as they said in the good old days "two wrongs don't make a right."

I agree with WhiteDove that Waybrain is a deragatory term. It's a put down...like the word cult. Sort of like being intolerant of others' beliefs.

Although GS putdowns are allowed (as long as not directed at fellow posters) someone once said "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" ... I think that principle works well and is appreciated.