GreaseSpot Cafe

Add-ons

kimberly

I like to play a word game on Kewlbox. Everytime there is a bar that comes up on the top and says, "This website wants to run the following add-on, 'MSXML 3.0 SP9' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to run it...click here."

What is this? Should I do it?

I like to play a word game on Kewlbox. Everytime there is a bar that comes up on the top and says, "This website wants to run the following add-on, 'MSXML 3.0 SP9' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to run it...click here."

What is this? Should I do it?

An Add-On is an additional widget to add to your browser, that teaches it a new trick.

In this case, it is thw 3.0 addition to Microsoft's XML document parser.

Here's what I found online.

=====================

MSXML = Microsoft XML parser.

3.0 = Version 3.0

SP9 = Service Pack 9

Basically this allows your applications to work with XML documents/services."

"MSXML allows you to open XML documents. It's safe to download and once you install it you shouldn't get the popup anymore."

"XML is extensible markup language, MSXML can read & manipulate data from those files. You don't HAVE to install this application. We are just saying that this file is not harmful and that you can install it without fear.

Hope that clears it up."