GreaseSpot Cafe

Large white 'W' on Gunnison mountain side

BackForty

This morning I saw a portion of an automotive program where they were at a car show in Gunnison, CO. In the background there was a large white W on the mountain side. I don't remember seeing this when I was at Camp Gunnison. Anyone know anything about it?

I found a picture of it ... I don't remember that, but it was probably not visible from the ranch. I didn't get out much, except to exercise the horses in the BLM. Jerry, Star, Buck, .... ummm, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen ... wait no, those were Corps women ... :biglaugh:

I see a football stadium back there, maybe it is a school initial.

sat2lg.jpg

Edited by rhino

maybe George Bush put it there :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

LMAO! :lol:

I found a picture of it ... I don't remember that, but it was probably not visible from the ranch. I didn't get out much, except to exercise the horses in the BLM. Jerry, Star, Buck, .... ummm, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen ... wait no, those were Corps women ... :biglaugh:

I see a football stadium back there, maybe it is a school initial.

sat2lg.jpg

Yeah that's it. Ok, so some remember it being there. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the way, but I guess it doesn't.

There is no question, the W is for Western State College. Been there for like forever. MsHAP was born and raised there and the site has been the scene of many pranks, keggers, and various initiations.

The freshmen track team "volunteers" each year to run up and whitewash the rocks that make the W as ummmmm community service.

Edited by HAPe4me

• 3 weeks later...