GreaseSpot Cafe

Famous Friends

cheranne

It is a man, right?

Sadly I have no claims to fame. Or to rubbing shoulders with the famous.

I just have some great friends.

I don't have any famous friends. I have had a few famous contacts. Like my former HS classmate Gary beach who is big on Broadway; Mark Hamill, whose state FC I run (SD membership: 1), the late Gen. Paul Tibbets (history related; I was in brief touch with him a couple years ago; he died a year ago).

Many many years ago, my dad introduced me to the guy who played the town drunk Otis on the Andy Griffith show.

Almost as many years ago, I got Mudcat Grant to strike a personal pose for me.

That's about it I guess....

but I too loved Mad Magazine. I remember when they upped their price from "Our price 25 cents cheap" to "Our price 30 cents kinda cheap".

Edited by Lifted Up

wow-Bob Clarke ! He drew great 'advertising' satires. Very funny illustrations of mock cookie boxes , etc.

Also a very solid cartoonist-as all those old Mad artists were.

Working at studios like Disney, Warner Bros., and Sony, I've seen and briefly met a number of famous people, but have yet to be 'friends' with anyone who's a household name-unless you count artists in animation famous-which they're not.

"Friends" as a word narrows things down ..i went to high school with Brad Whitford of Aerosmith and Dave Lapham of the Cincinnati Bengals. I knew them pretty well but I wasnt best buddies with them.

I see some celebs fairly often in the little town that I live in. Karen Allen has a high end knitting shop in town that I pass every day and I see her and maybe say hello or a few words being neighborly.

There are a bunch of other well known people that I see every once in awhile but unless I have some reason to talk to them, like asking Mia Farrow to move out the the doorway so I could get into the bookstore while she was dawdling, or opening a door for Kirstie Ally because her hands were full, I usually dont....

....I met a munchkin once---the coroner--that was fun----I'd love to meet Otis.....

looks like a fun thread. i'll have to read it :)

bruce springsteen is from down the road freehold

bon jovi went to sayreville high school for a time, and i know many of his fellow classmates

uhm, his other guy, richie sambora, is from woodbridge i think

funny enough, jersey has some stars -- i can think of more, but am i supposed to know these people personally?

can i still post? i don't have any famous friends

my sister sees derek jeter's dad all the time at the drugstore

my brother lives in manhattan so he runs into people a lot. i used to work there, but i'm happy i don't

my sister was at princeton when brooke shields was. she's really tall

this other guy from around here was a child model with her. she made it, he didn't

looks like a fun thread. i'll have to read it :)

bruce springsteen is from down the road freehold

bon jovi went to sayreville high school for a time, and i know many of his fellow classmates

uhm, his other guy, richie sambora, is from woodbridge i think

funny enough, jersey has some stars -- i can think of more, but am i supposed to know these people personally?

can i still post? i don't have any famous friends

my sister sees derek jeter's dad all the time at the drugstore

my brother lives in manhattan so he runs into people a lot. i used to work there, but i'm happy i don't

my sister was at princeton when brooke shields was. she's really tall

this other guy from around here was a child model with her. she made it, he didn't

I have a customer in West Long Branch NJ and was recently there for the first time...they were all bragging about knowing Springsteen back in the High School days...other than that Tavis Smiley from BET...his brother worked for me for awhile...Tavis actually went to high school in a very small Indiana town.

Edited by Calflor

• 1 month later...

Well the only famous friend I have right now that I talk to every day is The Drummer Dave Danza.. HE played and still occasionally does with Eddy Money and more currently with Greg Kin.

Also Plays Jazz. which is his first Love . HE is one of those level headed awesome people and he never brags about who he knows I knew him a long time before I found out who he was.