GreaseSpot Cafe

Are any of the former "Hurters" here at GSC?

Tzaia

On 11/1/2010 at 2:40 PM, Bramble said:

I think if ex leaders really wanted to live right they would be living some type of atonement for the cruelty they did to the believers. I know atonement is not a TWI doctrine, but think there are many people who understand the concept, perhaps from childhood learning before their TWI years.

Sadly, I think TWI attracted a certain type of leader who does not have the self honesty or empathy. Some chunk of soul was missing.

Bramble, we have a winner!!:eusa_clap:

On 11/2/2010 at 11:12 AM, Watered Garden said:

I almost wonder if a certain minority of individuals who were attracted to the concept of being leaders weren't a bit on the sociopathic side. Certainly LCM, and probably VPW also. That narcissism, that "I'm the MOG and you must obey ME." What angers me most at myself is that these leaders took it upon themselves to basically replace Jesus Christ in our thinking, our actions, almost even our worship, and I was such a dumba@@ as to fall for it to an extent.

After we left and moved back to Ohio, we continued to receive SNS tapes. I actually played one of them, to hear it START OUT with the portentous announcement by LCM himself, as if it were revelation straight from the great white throne (I'm sure some of you remember how he used to do that): "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO OBEY GOD WITHOUT FIRST OBEYING YOUR LEADERSHIP!"

A light went off in my tiny brain: I thought we were to obey God rather than men. And I finally realized that was the problem all along. These "Hurters" aka bustards were teaching there is no difference.

They tried to steal me from my heavenly Father, but HE got me back, and He's never letting go!

WG

WG, bingo!

• 1 month later...