GreaseSpot Cafe

Perverted Authority

These sound WAY TOO FAMILIAR

(1) The claim of direct authority from God, rather than testing things by the Word. Many today have set "personal" revelation and experience above the final authority of God's Word. When this occurs there is no longer any basis for ascertaining the will of God, as one would not be able to discern truth from error because the standard is "personal" rather than the Word of God.

(2) The command is to "submit to me," rather than "I will serve you."

(3) The method of leadership is to "order" people around, rather than to appeal for them to do the right things.

(4) There is a dominating, "pushy" drive instead of a dependence on God to direct.

(5) There is a sense of control, rather than a sense of support.

(6) A gift is exploited so that others are made to feel dependent on it.

(7) There is an inflexibility - "don't question me" - "don't touch the Lord's anointed."

( There is unapproachability and intimidation - the "aura" around the leader keeps the followers in "awe."

(9) There emerges an organization built around a man and his peculiar emphases instead of around Christ and His Word.

(10) There will be cyclical challenges to the authority figure (which are immediately and forcefully purged).

(11) There is more concern for maintaining the authoritarian structure than there is for caring about the people in it.

(1)The claim of direct authority from God, rather than testing things by the Word.

How many times have we heard the WC yell at us because ?THEY? know what is best for our lives? THEY are standing in the gap for us. Don?t we ?earnestly desire the best gifts? and whey aren?t we believing God for them to be making the best decisions for our lives?

(2) The command is to "submit to me," rather than "I will serve you."

How many WC houses have YOU cleaned? How many WC have cleaned YOUR house? How many WC have you babysat for? How many WC have babysat for your children? How many of you have had the responsibility of making sure the TEACHER?S room was perfect and guarded from lowly wayfers disturbing the TEACHER?

(3) The method of leadership is to "order" people around, rather than to appeal for them to do the right things.

All guised under ?Would you be blessed to?.? or spittle in your face, you moron?

(4) There is a dominating, "pushy" drive instead of a dependence on God to direct.

God won?t even spit in your direction if you don?t?.(fill in the blank with the most absurd request)

We had to give our schedules and our budgets and our out of town plans down to the hour to our leadership because we were to depend on them depending on God instead of us depending on God. They substituted themselves for God.

(5) There is a sense of control, rather than a sense of support.

A sense of abuse and inability to make decisions would be more like it.

(6) A gift is exploited so that others are made to feel dependent on it.

I don?t understand this one.

(7) There is an inflexibility - "don't question me" - "don't touch the Lord's anointed."

Write down your questions and they will be answered during the class.

That verse about not accusing the elders in the church but buy two or three and it was basically perverted to ?don?t question the elders?. Don?t question the doctrine. OR if you question it ? we will ignore it and you will eventually drop it because you don?t want to get into trouble.

( There is unapproachability and intimidation - the "aura" around the leader keeps the followers in "awe."

LCM and VP worship trickled down to worship and reverence for anyone WC.

(9) There emerges an organization built around a man and his peculiar emphases instead of around Christ and His Word.

See the VP worship threads around here. ?If VP said it I believe it ? that settles it? The word of VP is the word of God mentality. Lots of that about LCM, too. Remember in the class he was teaching the ?cross over? aspect of Eve being a lesbian and said, ?Do you see it? Well, I do? and laughed like it didn?t matter if we saw it or not ? we were to just believe him.

(10) There will be cyclical challenges to the authority figure (which are immediately and forcefully purged).

Cyclical challenges my a** - there are constant challenges to the abuse and perversion in TWI and those brave souls are constantly ousted and blasphemed and slandered by those in TWI. People will believe their WC who have been in their area for maybe a year or two over people they have been friends or relatives with and very near and dear to for many, many years.

(11) There is more concern for maintaining the authoritarian structure than there is for caring about the people in it.

At least in the far past of TWI they actually did things to help people. Didn?t VP pay for people to stay in hotels one year because everyone was snowed in at a Word in Business conference? Bought plane tickets for people to go to funerals of loved ones when the money wasn?t there? Didn?t they used to pay for the large meeting charges at hotels and other places instead of charging a ?facility fee? and then having the believers bring food, clean and set up and then take down meetings?

People have been M&A for refusing to declare loyalty to the BOD.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT??????