GreaseSpot Cafe

Yummy Treats

cheranne

My dogs favorite treats are "Freezies". I love making wonderful home made treats for my dogs, but she eats them so fast, and doesn't even chew them. This saddens me because she doesn't even get to taste them! So I made the best treat that she has to eat slowly, and fully savor the taste!!

Title: Freezies

Description: Ingredients: 2 Spoonfuls of peanut butter 1 cup of Chopped apples (or your pets favorite veggie) about 1 cup of water 1 package of apples and cinnamon instant oatmeal You add all of the ingredients into a large bowl and blend they are all mixed up and the texture is nice and creamy. Small chunks are okay! Then take an ice cube tray and distribute the contests through out the entire tray, filling them to the top, but be careful not to overflow. Put these tasty treats in the freezer overnight and enjoy!!! the treats should come out whole, just like an ice cube, and your pet is forced to chew and lick and savor each yummy bite!

another one!

Pumpkin Biscuits

2 eggs

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon milk

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

¼ cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Blend eggs and pumpkin together; add salt, milk, and flour.

Add just enough water to make the dough somewhat workable. (dough should be dry and stiff).

NOTE: you will need to mix this with your hands because it is too stiff for an electric mixer.

Roll to 1/2-inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.

Title: Pumpkin Biscuits

Description: These smell great while cooking and taste so good, you may want to eat one.

Public Name: Fido

City: San Antonio

State: TX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Cheranne, how about also posting your Pumpkin Biscuits recipe on a thread Pumpkin Pie (and other pumpkin recipes) which is currently halfway down page 1 in In the Kitchen? (Easy to spot, for some reason this thread has acquired 4 (grease?)spots by it.)