GreaseSpot Cafe

Looking For Former North Dakota Wayfers

pkpeanutz

• 2 weeks later...

I spent time in ND in 82/83 ...don`t know those folks, however I`d like to get in touch with Steve n Joyce Schnatzki(sp?) and a girl named Carol, There was another pretty blond girl that went to NDSU.....Fargo was a really harsh place....but the believers made it worthwhile:-)

How strange that you would ask about the Schinowski's. I was actually just talking about them myself. Steve and Joyce wer divorced in about 1997. Steve moved to New Knoxville and was doing some type of carpentry work in that area, last I knew he was still in (1999 sometime), and I think remarried. Joyce is still in the ND/MN area, I saw her last summer with Beth (her daughter) who is now a mother. She (Beth) looks just like Joyce. They were doing well and have been out since the divorce. Thier son Michael has downs syndrom, and is living in a home in Fargo. I saw him with a group recently at the mall.

I remember Steve and Joyce. They were really nice folks for sure. And, I was really close with Arlyn and Mark Hetler. Mark and Arlyn and I lived together during the 80/81 year. Our big house on the south side of town was a mens wow vet home, and six of us guys lived there. Arlyn always answered the phone by cheerfully saying; "House of the six men! May I help you?" Much to the chagrin of the mother of Melba Johnson, a local Fargoan who at one point moved in with us. Does anyone remember Melba?

Oh geeze PK, Thanks for the update on Steve and Joyce..If you could ever send my love and thanks to them one day...I`d sure apreciate it.

We were there when Michael was born, Steve once rode ten miles or so on a BYCYCLE to buy some medicine and bring it to me when I was having an asthma attack....I will never EVER forget the kindness and love they exhibited.

'

I was there when Debbie n Arlyn Hetler had their little girl as well...they were so sweet...would love to know how they are doing...truly salt of the earth type folks.

How bout the girl Karen that was going to ndsu....would love to say hi to phoebe or jerry one day as well.

Cathy

Ok Rascal, I will send you a note at your private topics and tell you who I am.

And, so, you know Arlyn and Debbie! I was there when they got married, and we did a big old bachelor party for Arlyn at my house. We had scantily clad girls come and dance for him (us too!). The dancin' gals were Melba Johnson (local Fargoan), and Jenelda Williams my corps sistah-they wore hot pants and fishnet stockings and sat on Arlyns lap after we had plied him with beer. lotsa beer. What fun we had that night! After awhile, we all went down to the "Gaslight" a bar in downtown Fargo somewhere. We drank more beer, danced to the music of Wayne Ystebo's band (he's a guy that took the class that year), and then went home in the wee hours. In fact, I distinctly remember a serious hangover that next day. Some leader I was! Gosh, I too would like to know how Arlyn and Debbie are doing. I never really knew them as a married couple in that I left shortly after that to go back in rez. I really loved the time I spent in Fargo. It was colder than hell in the winter for shore, but, at least the winters there are not as long as they are here in Alaska. Here, they are cold AND long. Like from mid September all the way to the end of May. Maybe that sounds about the same as down south, but, up here, spring is really short, and so is the fall. the fall is basically winter....

Anyway Rascal, you got me all stirred up thinking about good old North Dakota. Was David Schmidt the limb guy at that time? Ya know, he was a real gem of a guy. I loved that guy and he and I were real pals. I for the life of me cannot figure out why it was that he stayed with The Way for so dang long. As far as I know, he's still in. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Well, check your private topics.

Buck

The Hetlers were a great family and lovely people, untill........................

they got an a**leader over them, who is now a big shot leader in the twi.

Under this guys leadership, so many couples got devorced, including the Hetlers.

Arly was kicked out of the twi, but Deb was alowed to stay in. They got divorced. The girls stayed with Deb.

Arlyn got 'mentally unstable' because of the whole thing and turned into mush. I believe it was from all the pressure that was put on him from the twi (even when he was out, he had to write a weekly report of the snt tape, and a monthly report, and send in a tith, etc. No matter what he did or said, the leadership kept him out, untill the big twi numbers loss and then of course, he magically got better and was alowed back in. This was a week after the leader told me that he would never be alowed back into the twi cause he was a loser!

So then he was back in and they were going to seperate twigs in the same branch, it made everyone VERY uncomfortable.

That is how it was when i left.

Jessica went to a college in phx, and was doing ok, but she was starting to have problems with her personal life (as i was told by an innie) and Kristen doing fine, but under a ton of stress, that was effecting her health.

Just goes to show you that the 'abundant life' is only found in the twi!!!!!

(all said imho)

Your almost there, just don't screw up.

Buck,

He is still in Phx, try a call to operator and ask for his name, I think that still works, don't it? (I do not know).

Deb became a twig coordinator, and boy did she go on a power trip from hell!

People in her twig were complaining about her and how tough she was, even her own two girls.

It got so confusing for them all, it was sad to see how that family fell apart over the years.

(all said imho)

What do you mean Phx? That makes me think of Phoenix? Is that what you mean? Phoenix is a long way from Fargo. Did they move to Phx or something?

It sounds pretty weird, Debbie Ciociola (Hetler) acting like that. But then again, we have all been surprised by many of our old friends' actions...

Yea Buck,

They moved to Phoenix a few years ago, and they are still there.

They were a great couple and a great family, but once a new leader came to the area, they started to have marriage problems, fighting and arguing, one acusing the other of not doing their "godly" job in the family, pointing fingers and such.

In my opinion, it had a lot to do with the people over them.

You can e-mail me if you have other questions about them.

(all said imho)

Midnight sun, or Buck...if EITHER of you speak to Arlyn...please send him my love as well..

He got a really raw deal. He was a good guy ... his love for God and believing were so simple.

Deb was a sweet soul as well....how sick that she could be molded into such a hard hearted witch.

I hope the leaders responsible, one day have to answere for the destruction and misery that they have caused.....grrrrr