GreaseSpot Cafe

Geico

Abigail

We switched our insurance coverage to Geico a couple of months ago. I was a little nervous about doing it, because I prefer someone who has an office right here in town. We raised our deductibles and between the 2 saved $100 PER MONTH.

Well . . . this weekend it happened. Someone ran a stop sign and hit Sushi's 2008 Cobalt, damaging the front end. The car is still driveable and no one was hurt, thankfully.

Sooooo . . . called this morning to file a claim. They were very kind and helpful. They will be sending an adjuster out to estimate the damage and repair, they will send paperwork to the girl's insurance company to recover our $500 deductible for us, and if we would like they will give us $30 a day for a rental car for up to a month.

We are early in the process, so it may be a bit soon to say for sure, but so far it appears the service is satisfactory.

We switched our insurance coverage to Geico a couple of months ago. I was a little nervous about doing it, because I prefer someone who has an office right here in town. We raised our deductibles and between the 2 saved $100 PER MONTH.

Well . . . this weekend it happened. Someone ran a stop sign and hit Sushi's 2008 Cobalt, damaging the front end. The car is still driveable and no one was hurt, thankfully.

Sooooo . . . called this morning to file a claim. They were very kind and helpful. They will be sending an adjuster out to estimate the damage and repair, they will send paperwork to the girl's insurance company to recover our $500 deductible for us, and if we would like they will give us $30 a day for a rental car for up to a month.

We are early in the process, so it may be a bit soon to say for sure, but so far it appears the service is satisfactory.

I've had geico for a couple of years (and no complaints from me). Last spring, I was in a very minor collision which happened to be my fault... (I backed into a moving car)... I made one phone call and (except for my rates going up next time the premium was due) it was over and done with from my perspective. They WERE friendly (as indicated in the commercials) and my rates didn't increase very much.

I've had GEICO for 25 years now. Zero complaints and nothing but good things to say about them. The funny thing is that not 30 seconds ago I just made an online payment to them - logged out - went here and found this thread...

Edited by RumRunner

I'm glad to hear all these endorsements because I've been thinking about shopping around for a better rate.

I was once told that Geico stands for Government Employees Insurance Co. and that they used to insure only---ta da! gov't employees. Anyone know if that's true?

I'm glad to hear all these endorsements because I've been thinking about shopping around for a better rate.

I was once told that Geico stands for Government Employees Insurance Co. and that they used to insure only---ta da! gov't employees. Anyone know if that's true?

The answer is yes on the name but they do not indicate that they only insured gov't employees at the outset. It was founded to provide good service to gov't employees. The following is a link on their web site to their history brief.

http://www.geico.com/about/corporate/geico...ment-employees/

Geico's a good company, that's good to hear on the service and claims end! I'm into the Gecko too, their commercials are worth having the TV on.

My wife knows one of their corporate PR Media folks and let her know I love the G-guy. I got sent some Geico Gecko stuff, including a - yes - a Gecko hand puppet!!!!! and other cool accessories!