GreaseSpot Cafe

Fun and Easy Pizza

Bramble

Bubble Up Pizza 3 packages (7.5 oz) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce, divided 3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 1 large clove garlic Optional toppings: 1/2 c onions, 1/2 cup black olives, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1 cup chopped pepperoni (We have done ham and pineapple tidbits, too)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 2 quart bowl, quarter biscuits. Stir in 1 cup pizza sauce & 2 cups cheese. Press garlic clove and add to biscuit mixture. Chop optional toppings and add to mixture; stir to combine. Spread mixture in deep backing dish. Pour remaining sauce & cheese over top. Bake 35-40 minutes. cut into wedges and serve.

Bramble,

This is great! I have a confession to make. . . I am a TERRIBLE cook. I am a GREAT baker. . . but, I won't even eat my own cooking! So, this recipe is wonderful because my kid can do this for himself. I will print it out and get the stuff. . . he and his buddies can have at it!!

BTW--I can make a few things well, but hubby does the bulk of the cooking now. . .

• 3 weeks later...

We have made this alot now, it is good.

Chef,

I have a sauce related question. . . have you ever heard of cloves and sugar in Spag sauce? I make it from scratch--I mean tomatoes--not the can--and I use 8 cloves and a cup of sugar. IT is one of the few things I cook well. It makes it sooo good.

Ever tried it? Really curious if it is a common thing or a passed down family thing.

Not cloves of garlic. . . .cloves. I do this with jar stuff do doctor it as well???

We have made this alot now, it is good.

Chef,

I have a sauce related question. . . have you ever heard of cloves and sugar in Spag sauce? I make it from scratch--I mean tomatoes--not the can--and I use 8 cloves and a cup of sugar. IT is one of the few things I cook well. It makes it sooo good.

Ever tried it? Really curious if it is a common thing or a passed down family thing.

Not cloves of garlic. . . .cloves. I do this with jar stuff do doctor it as well???

The Sugar cuts the acidic of the tomatoes and the cloves enhances the flavor.

Another thing that can really give sauce a boost is red wine. IT gives it a richness. even jarred sauce.

By the way jarred can not touch the stuff you make yourself. But in these times of two working parents and no time to cook jarred sauce can be a sanity saver.

Another trick unrelated to spaghetti sauce but for Chili is add cocoa powder.