GreaseSpot Cafe

Please tell me the ending

kimberly

I can tell you guys are very familiar with television shows. That is why I am asking here.

How did The Pretender end? Because of my work schedule I caught it in rerun only. I felt is was near the end of the series when the channel suddenly stopped running it. Jared and the girl who was always after him had nearly become allies. She realized he held the answer to her mother's death. They were about to find out how they were connected. He was near to learning about his parents. The place where he grew up was called The Center?

I have always wondered how it ended. It was a very good series...I liked the details.

Here's what I got off the program's wikipedia page,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pretender_(TV_series)

"Series

After the series was cancelled, it was picked up in syndication by Turner Network Television. Two telemovies – The Pretender 2001 and Island of the Haunted – were aired on TNT in 2001; in response to an outpouring of emails from fans, which prompted negotiations involving the show's creators and both NBC and TNT. Both movies ended with an unresolved cliffhanger. The creators of the show, Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle stated in an interview on the French DVD of the telemovies that they have already written an ending and all they need is financing to produce the final Pretender telemovie.[citation needed] On February 27, 2007 a representative from the Turner Network Television announced they have no intention of financing any more Pretender movies

Reruns of The Pretender have aired and still air in many countries worldwide."

"Possible closure for the Pretender story

On September 7th 2007 in an interview for their new miniseries Tin Man, creators Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle stated "Our fans still clabber for the answers because we never closed The Pretender out. We will just say to them please be patient, it’s going to happen, hopefully soon." They also referred to it happening in relationship to "Strange Highway" Entertainment and that the story line would continue digitally on the web."