GreaseSpot Cafe

My 1000th post and my website

Cynic

According to GSC's post-counter, this should be my 1000th post (If Excathedra stopped posting now, I'm not sure I would catch her in my remaining-plus-an-additional lifetime). :]

I recently have taken the precautionary action -- due to a possibility of my suspension from GSC -- of posting the URL of a website I registered a couple years ago, although the website's content is presently undeveloped. The website's address appears (for now, at least) in my signature line and under my avatar.

Should I disappear from GSC, some of you might want to check my website ( http://www.essaysandinvective.com ) for what I might be saying about theology, apologetics, culture, politics, as well as for what I might be saying about things pertaining to this forum.

Just-to-be-safe suggestion: Save the address of my website or add it to your browser favorites, in case everything -- this thread, my signature line, my custom member title -- become as difficult to locate as Jimmy Hoffa.

Cynic

Edited by Cynic

Cynic,

You had a post deleted for a personal attack, NOT because you were promoting your website. You have insinuated otherwise

I recently have taken the precautionary action -- due to a possibility of my suspension from GSC -- of posting the URL of a website I registered

Yet Another GS Denizen does the "Goodbye!! I'm leaving now! ... I'll never come back again! ((snif)) ..... See ya!!" routine. ...

... Which should last for, ohhh, about 2-3 days, and then they quietly come back by slipping in the back door. <_<

:biglaugh:

I dunno.. I left this place for about a year, and for what I thought good reason..

sad thing is.. a dear friend here passed away and I never had the chance to say goodbye.. I think we "hit it off" on an innocent, yet twisted manner.. God bless you brother.

I hope I can carry on some of his comic "good cheer"..

:)

• 2 years later...

Cynic,

You had a post deleted for a personal attack, NOT because you were promoting your website. You have insinuated otherwise

Pawtucket,

I did not respond to your comment two years ago, because it seemed to me at the time to do so might lead rather quickly to the deletion of this thread. Responding to your post, however, was never so much a question of will I or won’t I as it was question of when.

I did NOT insinuate I had any post deleted because I was promoting a website at GSC. I indicated in my post that my then-recent inclusion of my website’s URL in my signature line and under my avatar was a precautionary action I was taking due to my possible suspension from GSC. A thoughtful reader should have inferred that my announcement of my website followed (rather than preceded) some situation that existed between one or more GSC moderators and me.

For everyone's information, the situation was that Modgellan had issued me my "one warning that casting aspersions on a moderator WILL result in suspension of your posting privileges," after I had quipped that a moderator who had deleted an exchange I had with Rocky and Garth in the Politics forum was a "functionally codependent moderator."

Pawtucket,

I did not respond to your comment two years ago, because it seemed to me at the time to do so might lead rather quickly to the deletion of this thread. Responding to your post, however, was never so much a question of will I or won't I as it was question of when.

I did NOT insinuate I had any post deleted because I was promoting a website at GSC. I indicated in my post that my then-recent inclusion of my website's URL in my signature line and under my avatar was a precautionary action I was taking due to my possible suspension from GSC. A thoughtful reader should have inferred that my announcement of my website followed (rather than preceded) some situation that existed between one or more GSC moderators and me.

For everyone's information, the situation was that Modgellan had issued me my "one warning that casting aspersions on a moderator WILL result in suspension of your posting privileges," after I had quipped that a moderator who had deleted an exchange I had with Rocky and Garth in the Politics forum was a "functionally codependent moderator."

Two years after the fact, you have decided to say something about an item that I don't think anyone remembers. Gathering your thoughts?

Yet Another GS Denizen does the "Goodbye!! I'm leaving now! ... I'll never come back again! ((snif)) ..... See ya!!" routine. ...

... Which should last for, ohhh, about 2-3 days, and then they quietly come back by slipping in the back door. <_<

Ummmmm - - - how long is the "back door" going to be open? cool.gif

Ummmmm - - - how long is the "back door" going to be open?

Evidently Calvi--err Cynic kept it propped open with a brick. :biglaugh:

ROFLMAO!! Evidently some people just _cannot_ let some things go. Gee, Cynic, ya think that the Faith just _cannot_ remain strong without you being the White Knight riding to its defense?

You are SUCH a blast of entertainment! ... I'm gonna miss you. :cryhug_1_: