GreaseSpot Cafe

The Day the Earth Stood Still

MATILDA

1242593d7rgszo121-1.gifMATIDAthmusic-1.jpg

1170189vm7do5k0cs.gifproduct_big_0221.jpgthprod_659_17880-1.jpg

1053787qd8db5o29l.gif

Cheers to a very Classy, and Wise Lady with a spetacular Heart and Soul635608ssg41mw3sv.gif, who always knows what to add and when to add it; and tempers it with a dash of Wit and Charm!!!322426pj9fi25hph-2.gif

What a Great and Tempting invitation...could we reverse it and you come here!!!

peaceyellowshirt.jpgRainbowsGirl

Matilda, happy birthday. Sorry, but I'm not the one with MY birthday so close to the holidays... "Timing?"

--

Even though I spiritually accept your triple-dog dare in the spirit in which it was dared, due to the holidays (see above) I must send this rare gift/leg lamp in my stead. It's a classic and a collector's item, so even if you have several others, you'll want more.

I know, I know, say no more. It comes in this big crate, which I knew would come in handy. Just a tip, always save original packing materials! My whole family hopes your whole family will really enjoy this, but most of all the birthday girl, because technically it is yours, not theirs.

legLamp.jpg

I have birthday gift cookies for all of you...Chocolate Pillai Chip...

Is that K. C. Pillai? I didn't know he made cookies. Must be oriental chips! :D

Anyway, happy birthday!

Matilda, happy birthday. Sorry, but I'm not the one with MY birthday so close to the holidays... "Timing?"

--

Even though I spiritually accept your triple-dog dare in the spirit in which it was dared, due to the holidays (see above) I must send this rare gift/leg lamp in my stead. It's a classic and a collector's item, so even if you have several others, you'll want more.

I know, I know, say no more. It comes in this big crate, which I knew would come in handy. Just a tip, always save original packing materials! My whole family hopes your whole family will really enjoy this, but most of all the birthday girl, because technically it is yours, not theirs.

legLamp.jpg

After all, it's a MAJOR AWARD!

Dearest My~:

I don't usually do b'days around here because I'm afraid I'll miss some and hit others and thus hurt somebody's feelings. For you, I'll make an exception today.

Have a Marguerita on me, belatedly. Picture me clinking my glass to yours across the miles.

Love,

Zee

waysider!

Your mufflerized flamingo is so telling :)

Lotsa peeps down here have birdage on their lawns...must be a union thing...even me, 'cept my birdie is one honkin' big raven...lol...got it for 90% off in an after halloween sale last year...lol...couldn't resist.

It stands (predominantly) in the base of a stand of royal palms in front of my house...almost year round (currently been retired for the yuletide and replaced with a sparkly "mufflerized" penguin). I like it...and it really is the size of some of the birds here, notably the turkey vulture (some of which have been disappointed when they come to check out my Target special...)

One set of Flanders-type neighbors took umbrage with the plaster beastie for who-knows-what

fundamental reason to which I replied that "sometimes a big, black, bird is just a big, black bird...now won't you step inside for a little taste of rooster blood?" Sigh. Talk about neighborhood watch.

My other immediately adjacent friend and neighbor, (the one with a neon menorah in the front window) commented on the bird last year. I told him "wait...if you like this, then you'll love the 'Jesus Loves You' smiley face lawn art I have for our combined lots...") We toasted truce with some Man-o-man-o-chivas, hence the holiday penguin (non-denominational non-sectarian, non-flying foul.)

Happy Hanukkah!

Edited by MATILDA

cheranne!

I don't know you, but I likes you.

You never know about that simple smile, friendly nod, or no-strings-attached 'hello.'

A true tilda tale: In the Tiki Bar one bright, sunny day, a crusty oldster told me he didn't know me, but he liked me...didn't know why. He said he used to be a gambler of note and that he never lost a bet. He bet his daughter that he could get me to give him my number...silly white man...well, we talked, and laughed, and in a short piece of time, we were on a last name basis...my "McCarthy" to his "O'Connell." No numbers were exchanged.

Before the dad 'n daught duo were about to leave, the man went to the restroom, during which time she told me this was probably his last real meal and drink (of substance) since he was checking into the hospital the next day for a surgery whose prognosis was particularly bleak...and thanked me for being nice.

As they left, I called behind them, "Hey, O'Connell...you forgot something."

He came back to the bar and with the hardy handshake, I slipped him a piece of paper.

"See that, Mary," he told his daughter. "I never lose a bet."

"My number for you, bub."

He opened the napkin and read the number. Romans 10:9 & 10.

"I told you I was a betting man, McCarthy...what are my chances?"

"It's a sure thing, O'Connell, a sure thing."

It was like a frickin Gene Capra film. I hope my pick was good.

Doc!

I don specs the little footie will be back this way...but thanks for the Gort report. That phrase is said to be the most famous utterance by a celluloid extraterrestrial...never translated, but its import could stop impending havoc to be wreaked.

Also...oh, doc of triv...the strong parallels of Michael Rene's Carpenter character to that of one historical Jesus Christ the Messiah have often been a case for study.

X

M

Thank you ALL for your very welcome well-wishes...definitely worth the shameless self-plug.

It could have been more shameless if it really wasn't my burpday...but it was (already past tense...eek...relentless time, cares nothing for nobody in its own pursuit to engulf itself).

Satori...your once-a-year nod gives my inner child someone to play with...I love you., you always give me a leg up.

Billy...you are the gentlemen soul of compassion...you make me want to be nice alot more.

((T T T))

sweet kitty Hopefull ...the bonds of chat-rimony are still valid in my state...

Mark - yeppers...Chocolate Pillai...the "orientatlism" of giving at your own party :)

Dr. B...you be the dentaldad that keeps our cyber smiles flashing.

RBGirl...I visit all your b-day posts...lol...they are so delightful.

cool krys kim...an alliterative trio of well-wishers...thank you.

For real...tho the thank you here will probably be unread and buried...thanks:)

And as for you merry spoonsters...((Socks and Zbee))...hope all is well. I miss you.

Cindy!

How did that happen? I suppose the "butt-pincher" would get arrested for being a lecherous old lady now...lol.

The brood is very comely...the best of both of you. Darn kids...like looking at yourself...and being reminded how pressing youth is, and wonderfully optimistic, often.

The goils is so pretty...and da boyz handsome. I feel like the fat aunty at the family gathering ruminating how big they all are...and "I remember you when you were just a rumor," or "I knew you when you were just a peanut."

Holly will be 12 in a few daze...again...how did that happen?

X

M