¾ C. White Sugar

¾ C. Brown Sugar

Cream together and add:

2 Eggs

Gradually add:

5 C. Flour

Ground Cardamom to taste: 1 or more tsps

Almond extract to taste as well can be added 1 or more tsps

( I rarely put almond in Sandbakkels as I am a cardamom addict: I put 2 to 2 and 1/2tsps of cardamom alone in this recipe.

Taste the dough and the cardamom and decide how much you want to add; the same applies with the almond extract.

(I buy it in the pods and grind it in a pedestal and mortar.

I keep it frozen when not in use, as it is more potent and fragrant this way as opposed to buying it pre-ground

and as it is a costly spice the fresh pungent pods really enhance the flavor.)

Chill the dough overnight and press thinly and evenly into Sandbakkel Tins and bake on a cookie sheet pan.

Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Invert the tins while they are still warm and carefully jar them from the tins.

Before you reuse the tins they need to be cleaned by washing and drying or thoroughly wiping them free of crumbs with a cloth/paper towel. I usually dry them in the warm oven inverted on a cookie sheet in my final clean up.

Sandbakkels are worth the extra effort and sore fingers

Here is a link to the Sandbakkel Tins: They generally are about $10.00 /24 tins

SandbakklelTins.jpg

Sandbakkeltins1.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...UNA_en%26sa%3DN

Pecan Tassies

The Crust:

Cream together 1 C. Butter and 6ozs Philadelphia Cream cheese

Add: 2 C. flour and Chill 1 hour

The Filling:

Beat together:

2 Tblsps melted Butter (Cooled)

1 and 1/2C. Brown Sugar

¼ tsp Vanilla Extract

2 large Eggs

Press the dough thinly and evenly into mini muffin tins or mini Sandbakkel tins

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...UNA_en%26sa%3DN

Sprinkle with a pinch of chopped Pecans.

Fill with filling mixture about 1/3 full and sprinkle the tops with more chopped Pecans.

The easiest and cleanest method I have found to fill the filling into the tins is by injecting with a syringe from a doctor or pharmacy or a flavor injection syringe.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes; then reduce your oven to 250 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes depending on your oven.

I use this with my oven >Bake at 350 degrees for 25 or more minutes until the crust is golden brown

Peppermint Bark

It's a perfect homemade holiday gift.PeppermintBark.jpg

step 1: Gather ingredients

You'll need: peppermint^1^ candy (Candy canes, sticks, whatever you can find that's cheap and tasty.) 1 pound chocolate (dark, semi-sweet, or milk bark) 1 pound white almond bark Peppermint extract

step 2: Prep pan 9x11 inch pan

Line your pan with waxed paper. It should curl up to protect the sides, too. Crease the corners so it behaves.

step 3: Crunch peppermint candies

Crunch up your peppermint (or other favorite) candies into small bits. I used a food processor, but you could use a blender, a plastic bag and heavy whacking object.

step 4: Melt chocolate with a few drops of peppermint extract in it if desired

Chop your chocolate (the dark stuff) into smaller chunks, and add to a '''dry'''^1^ microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 15-sec bursts, stirring between. Total time will vary

step 5: Pour

Pour your smooth, melted chocolate into the waxed paper-lined pans. Use the heat-proof spatula to spread it evenly about the pans. You want it to be about 1/4" thick.… and sprinkle with peppermint candy to help secure the next white almond bark layer.

step 6: Melt and add white almond bark with a few drops of peppermint extract added if desired

Chop the white chocolate into meltable chunks, add to a dry microwavable bowl, and microwave in 15-sec bursts, stirring between. (Yup, same as the regular chocolate.) Pour the white almond bark onto the chocolate bark layer

step 7: Sprinkle with candy

As soon as possible, sprinkle your crushed bits of peppermint candy over the still-soft white almond bark. Press large pieces down a bit to make sure they stick. Set

step 8: Chop, serve, and store

Remove the entire chocolate brick in its waxed paper wrapper from the pan, and set it on a cutting board. Gently peel off the waxed paper. Use a large, thin, sharp knife and cut into squares

Stained Glass Candy

This can make a pretty gift.

4 cups granulated sugar

1 3/4 cup light corn syrup

1 cup water

1 tablespoon desired flavored extract or 1 teaspoon flavoring oil (Lemon. Peppermint, Anise. . . whatever you like.)

Food color, as desired

Line a 15 x 11-inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease or sprinkle evenly with a light coating of powdered sugar. Set aside.

In a medium pan combine sugar and corn syrup with water and cook over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Increase heat and bring to a boil.

With a brush dipped in water, wash down any crystals that form on the sides of the pan. Boil rapidly until candy thermometer registers 300*F (150*C), hard-crack stage.

Immediately remove from heat and stir in flavor extract and food color.

Pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely.

When hard, remove from pan. Break into pieces with kitchen mallet.

Note: For multiple flavors and colors, divide candy mixture after cooking; flavor and color each as desired.

Makes 2 1/2 pounds candy.

(((Geisha))),

I can't wait to try Your Beautiful Stain Glass Candy and Flavor it with anise!!!!

Campfire Marshmallow Fudge

Ready in 24 hrs. 30 mi.

1-1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup margarine or butter

1 can evaporated milk (5-fluid oz.) about 2/3 cup

1 pkg Campfire Miniature Marshmallows (10-1/2 oz.)

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups walnuts coarsely chopped

Lightly grease a foil-lined 13x9x2-inch pan. Heat sugar, margarine or butter., milk and marshmallows over medium heat until mixture boils. stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 5 minutes.

Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract, stirring until chips are melted. Stir in walnuts. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

For creamier fudge, let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.

Makes 4 pounds

This is kinda like your bark RG, but it is fudge--Candy Cane Fudge.

I had a piece of fudge the other day---for the first time in years. . . . it was yummy! I am going to make some soon.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1-2/3 cups granulated sugar

2 tbsp butter

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1.5 cups white chocolate chips

2 tsp mint extract

1/4 tsp red food coloring

Preparation:

1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, salt, evaporated milk, and butter and stir until the sugar melts.

3. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and mint extract. Stir quickly and vigorously to incorporate all of the marshmallows and chocolate.

5. As soon as the candy is smooth, sprinkle drops of red food coloring over the top and stir once or twice, creating red swirls. Do not overstir, otherwise the candy will turn pink!

6. Immediately scrape the candy into the prepared pan. Allow to cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator until solid. To serve, cut into 1-inch squares.

Thanks (((Geisha))) for the peppermint - Candy Cane Fudge recipe!

Peppermint Hot Cocoa

I am so into peppermint this year that I put candy canes in the food processor and pulvorized them to powder and mixed them with 2Tblsps of cocoa mix for Peppermint Hot Cocoa.

To make it as a gift: buy some cocoa mix in a canister and find a nice jar to put it in and mix the peppermint powder in in a ratio of 2/3's Cocoa mix to 1/3 Peppermint powder!!! You could dress it up in a basket with Coverd Cocoa mugs

Here is:

Old Fashioned Campfire Marshmallow Fudge:

Melt in a double Boiler stirring constantly:

32 Campfire Marshmallows

¼ C. Water

Combine in a heavy gage pan and Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 8 minutes stirring constantly:

2 and 1/2 C. White Sugar

1 stick Butter

1 6oz can carnation evaporated milk

1/4tsp Salt

Then remove from heat and immediately add, Stirring constantly and briskly:

1and 1/2 C. Nestles Morsels

The Marshmallow Mixture

1C Walnuts or Pecans

Spread into a 9x13” buttered pan let stand overnight in a cool place

Hey Rainbow's, thanks for the recipes, they look really special and good, I'll have to try them.  I was unsure what they looked like so I looked up Sandbakkel and the Pecan Tassies, are the pics below what they should look like, or are yours different?  What are the Sandbakkel cookies like?  Are they similar to a sugar cookie or a shortbread cookie with a fine crumb or something else? 

spaceball.gifspaceball.gif

1229641985_bb67277e0c_m.jpg

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

pecan-tassies.jpg

Here's another recipe good for christmas and coffee lovers:

Espresso Cookies

Don't underbake these cookies: they should be very crisp and have a crumbly texture. For maximum flavour, for the ground coffee ingredient use espresso or another dark roast bean, and finely grind the beans to a flour-like consistency. You can substitute 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for the coffee liqueur if you wish, or any other flavoring like almond or rum or chocolate would be good too.

Espresso Cookies

1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted

1 tbsp finely ground coffee beans, preferably dark roast

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup sugar, plus more for rolling

1/2 cup light brown sugar

2 tsp coffee liqueur 

1 large egg, at room temperature

40 whole coffee beans, preferably dark roast

Red or Green colored Christmas sugar for rolling.

In medium bowl, combine flour, ground coffee, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix butter and sugars on low speed for 30 seconds. Raise speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn speed to low and add coffee liqueur and egg, mixing until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients.

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar, green or red colored christmas sugar makes them holidayish looking. Place slightly more than 2 inches apart on trays and flatten using your hand, or the flat bottom of a large jar. Place a coffee bean in the center of each cookie.

Bake in 350F oven on middle rack until golden brown and no longer puffy, about 15 minutes. If pans won't fit side by side on middle rack, use top and middle, switching trays halfway through baking. 

Cool before storing in airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 40 cookies.

coffcook120508.jpg

Great thread Rainbow's!!!!   :)

Edited by now I see

Hey RG here is another peppermint candy that is so easy to make. . . Candy Cane Brittle

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup crushed candy canes

1 teaspoon butter or margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

In a round 1-1/2 quart microwave safe dish, combine corn syrup and sugar. Stir well until blended. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir mixture (if using nuts instead of candy canes, stir nuts in now). Microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until light brown. Stir in butter and vanilla-blend well. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes. Add baking soda-stir lightly until foamy. Quickly pour onto lightly greased baking sheet (you can use Pam or shortening). Pour crushed candy canes over brittle while warm and press lightly onto surface. Let cool.

Hey Rainbow's, thanks for the recipes, they look really special and good, I'll have to try them.  I was unsure what they looked like so I looked up Sandbakkel and the Pecan Tassies, are the pics below what they should look like, or are yours different?  What are the Sandbakkel cookies like?  Are they similar to a sugar cookie or a shortbread cookie with a fine crumb or something else? 

spaceball.gifspaceball.gif

1229641985_bb67277e0c_m.jpg

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

pecan-tassies.jpg

Here's another recipe good for christmas and coffee lovers:

Espresso Cookies

Don't underbake these cookies: they should be very crisp and have a crumbly texture. For maximum flavour, for the ground coffee ingredient use espresso or another dark roast bean, and finely grind the beans to a flour-like consistency. You can substitute 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for the coffee liqueur if you wish, or any other flavoring like almond or rum or chocolate would be good too.

Espresso Cookies

1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted

1 tbsp finely ground coffee beans, preferably dark roast

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup sugar, plus more for rolling

1/2 cup light brown sugar

2 tsp coffee liqueur 

1 large egg, at room temperature

40 whole coffee beans, preferably dark roast

Red or Green colored Christmas sugar for rolling.

In medium bowl, combine flour, ground coffee, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix butter and sugars on low speed for 30 seconds. Raise speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn speed to low and add coffee liqueur and egg, mixing until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients.

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar, green or red colored christmas sugar makes them holidayish looking. Place slightly more than 2 inches apart on trays and flatten using your hand, or the flat bottom of a large jar. Place a coffee bean in the center of each cookie.

Bake in 350F oven on middle rack until golden brown and no longer puffy, about 15 minutes. If pans won't fit side by side on middle rack, use top and middle, switching trays halfway through baking. 

Cool before storing in airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 40 cookies.

coffcook120508.jpg

Great thread Rainbow's!!!!   :)

((((NowI See)))),

Sandbakkels, they have the texture of a pie crust or tart shell flavored with cardamom which is citrus like but distinctly unique!!! They are excellent and very pricey at bakeries. I could eat cardamom plain it is sooooooooooo goooood!!! Pecan tassies taste like mini Pecan Pies with a cream cheese pie crust!!! they booth are worth the efforts and receive rave reviews of All Your guest and friends!!!

Thank ((((((You)))) for Your Cookie recipes, I look soooo forward to trying them!!! Tis the Season to share the Joy and the Goodies...or else We won't be able to walk...Hey Geisha and Now I See????!!! LOL!!! Merry Merry!!!

Hey RG here is another peppermint candy that is so easy to make. . . Candy Cane Brittle

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup crushed candy canes

1 teaspoon butter or margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

In a round 1-1/2 quart microwave safe dish, combine corn syrup and sugar. Stir well until blended. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir mixture (if using nuts instead of candy canes, stir nuts in now). Microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until light brown. Stir in butter and vanilla-blend well. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes. Add baking soda-stir lightly until foamy. Quickly pour onto lightly greased baking sheet (you can use Pam or shortening). Pour crushed candy canes over brittle while warm and press lightly onto surface. Let cool.

((((Geisha))))

Yum Yum more Peppermint!!! I think my Josh is going to run away from home to live with You in Candyland and Bakery Heaven!!!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

This is a recipe from Psalmie on the Candy, Chocolate Truffles thread. Thought it bore repetition:

TRUFFLES

12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup heavy cream

Melt chocolate chips, (You can process the chocolate in the blender to make it melt faster, if you want)

Stir in the cream, and chill--maybe an hour or two. KEEP THE HEAT ON LOW WHEN MELTING! Roll filling into 1 inch balls and dip in melted chocolate, or powdered sugar or finely chopped nuts, or crumbled Pecan Sandies (cookies)

You can add various types of liquers for flavoring, also. About 2-3 Tbls. I've used creme de menthe, creme de cacao, amaretto, kalhua-- you can possibly use those coffee flavoring syrups, also. Or some instant coffee crystals.

Get the chocolate wafers you can get at cake decorating stores. You DON'T have to add wax or anything to the chocolate! Drizzle a bit of white chocolate on the tops for decoration.

I made these for gifts and they were well received. Make SMALL balls, as they are very rich. I put some with a little liqueur and some with coffee essence. If you don't want to drizzle white choc, finish by rolling in cocoa or choc sprinkles or icing sugar. Or anything else that looks good.

Collected 12-egg cardboard egg boxes and spray painted them gold outside. Nice gift.

((((Geisha))))

Yum Yum more Peppermint!!! I think my Josh is going to run away from home to live with You in Candyland and Bakery Heaven!!!

Well, you know I would have him in a minute. . . maybe when we move to Bangor!! LOL

I am making Now I See Sugar cookies today. . . hungry men looking at an empty cake dish--not fun!

Edited by geisha779

((((Rainbow'sGirl)))) right back atcha!! I will definitely try those recipes, they sound fab, and I even have whole and ground cardamom on hand already!!

((((Geisha))))) share the luv, I hope your boys like those cookies!

((((Twinkey))))) and Twinkey too! I love, love, love Truffles, great idea as gifts.

Thank You((((Twinkie))))

Psalmies truffles do sound delicious what a wonderful idea for a gift!!!

Thank you ((((Now I See))))

I also tried You Sugar Cookie Recipe and may I just say that my Josh for the time being may not run off just yet to get baked treats and candies at ((((Geisha's)))) house, as Your cookie are scrumptious!!!

((((Geisha))))

We made the Stain Glass Candy too and it is awesomely beautiful just to look at!!! I made it with anise flavoring, it is so good, Thank You!!!

Here is a Salad to serve with the holiday meals that is simple to do and light and delicious:

Instant Pistachio Salad

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/2 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows

1/2 to 1 C. chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, combine the pineapple and dry pistachio pudding mix. Fold in thawed whipped topping and marshmallows and nuts until well mixed. Refrigerate until chilled and serve.

Date Bars

1 package yellow cake mix, 2-layer size

1 package instant coconut cream pudding mix (4 serving size)

1/2 cup butter, room temperature

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed

1/4 cup water

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

8 ounces chopped dates, about 1 1/2 cups

1/2 cup flaked coconut

1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, butter, and the lightly beaten egg. Beat on low speed until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs and set aside. Press remaining crumbs into a buttered 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, water, 2 eggs, vanilla, and salt. Beat with electric hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in dates, coconut, and pecans or walnuts. Spoon evenly over crust and spread carefully. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of reserved crumbs. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.

Cool and cut into squares.

This is probably the wrong thread to mention it. . . . but I made the Now I see Sugar cookies too. My son came home with his "Possee" and they are gone! They loved them.

Truly my new recipe for sugar cookies--excellent--thanks!

Wow you guys, thanks for the kudos!!! :redface2::knuddel:

I'm glad the recipe worked out for you, I'm going to do a batch myself this week and add some molasses and ginger to the recipe to see what happens, I've been wanting to make molasses cookies that are crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside without being cakey. I will let you know how they come out.

Cheers! :drink::beer:

I used to make this recipe every year at Christmas for my Brother as a present. They were such a hit the first year that I made him two boxes every year after, one to take home and one to share. They take a little time to make and I've never been able to end up with something that is as pretty as the store bought ones, but they taste good and look impressive.

Long Stemmed Cherries Supreme (chocolate covered cherries):

10oz jar maraschino cherries with stems, drained

2 tablespoons rum

Fondant:

1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

2 teaspoons light corn syrup

2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Coating:

12 oz package dipping chocolate*

In small bowl, combine cherries and rum;stir. Allow to soak 2 hours; drain on paper towel. In medium bowl, combine corn syrup and condensed milk; blend well. Add powdered sugar gradually, stirring until mixture forms a stiff smooth dough. (If all powdered sugar cannot be stirred in, knead mixture and sugar on counter until smooth dough forms.) Wrap small amount of fondant around each cherry to cover completely. Refrigerate about 20 minutes or until fondant is firm.

In top of double boiler or in heavy saucepan over low heat, melt dipping chocolate, stirring constantly. Holding by stem, dip chilled cherries into chocolate making sure to cover completely. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate until chocolate sets, about 10 minutes. Dip chilled candies into melted chocolate again, making sure to coate completely. Place on waxed paper; cover loosely with waxed paper. Let stand several days in cool place to allow fondant to liquify (DO NOT REFRIGERATE.)

Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

2 1/2 dozen candies

*Tip: If dipping chocolate is unavailable, in heavy saucepan combine 6oz. pkg. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/4 cup light corn syrup and 1 tablespoon water. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Dip and store as directed above.

gc

Fondant:

1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

2 teaspoons light corn syrup

2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

GC

I really am very curious about this fondant? We don't have ready roll icing here---at least that I have found--so when I want a really finished cake I do a fondant cake--usually with roses. I only have a marshmallow fondant recipe. It is a MESS to make and truly a pain but, it is cheaper than ordering from the internet.

Is this fondant good for rolling and using on a cake? Is it a basic fondant--or just for this recipe? All I have ever done is mine.

If anyone else knows an easy fondant I would really LOVE to have it.

Sometimes nothing works except that--I made a wedding cake once and some shower cakes.

Thanks gc. I so wish I could find ready roll here.

Edited by geisha779

(((Now I See))) Please let us know how the molasses and ginger works and the amounts. I am thinking Yummy Ginger Bread Men!!!

I am so glad that the peppermint bark was a hit for You ((((Linda))))!!!

((((GC))), I receive a box of these last Year they are awesome thanks for the recipe!!!

(((Geisha))), Here is a link to roll Fondant that seem s easy http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rolled-Fondant/Detail.aspx ... I think the candy type is different thanthe cake type as this link indicates http://www.ochef.com/169.htm

I hope it helps!!! :)

(((Geisha))), Here is a link to roll Fondant that seem s easy http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rolled-Fondant/Detail.aspx ... I think the candy type is different thanthe cake type as this link indicates http://www.ochef.com/169.htm

I hope it helps!!! :)

That was so nice RG--THANKS!! Unfortunately it has gelatin and glycerin. I never have luck with gelatin. I make a mess instead of something pretty. The marshmallow one I use is okay, but it is a pain to make. It keeps for two weeks, but how many fondant cakes do we really make? :)

I used to play with it and teach myself flowers and such.

My best bet is to buy it--but my frugal side rebels!!

Here is the recipe--just imagine the mess, but it does come together--eventually!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Well, I made a quick sugar cookie batch today and added about 4 tablespoons of molasses about 1/4 tsp of ginger and the same of pumpkin pie spice.  Unfortunately, I think I needed to add an extra 3-4 tablespoons of molasses since the recipe had 4 1/2 cups flour.  

So, they were ok, but not molassey enough, they might need a tad more flour too since there's extra liquid with the molasses too.  They looked the same as the sugar cookies though, crackly on top, moist in the middle-the key to moistness is not to overbake them.  I might just look for a new molasses cookie recipe online and try that too.

GC

I really am very curious about this fondant? We don't have ready roll icing here---at least that I have found--so when I want a really finished cake I do a fondant cake--usually with roses. I only have a marshmallow fondant recipe. It is a MESS to make and truly a pain but, it is cheaper than ordering from the internet.

Is this fondant good for rolling and using on a cake? Is it a basic fondant--or just for this recipe? All I have ever done is mine.

If anyone else knows an easy fondant I would really LOVE to have it.

Sometimes nothing works except that--I made a wedding cake once and some shower cakes.

Thanks gc. I so wish I could find ready roll here.

geisha, I believe this recipe is not the icing fondant. But, I found a site that has a recipe for icing cakes and cake decorating fondant that does not use geletin. Its called European fondant. You may find something to help you in your search. Here is the link Pastry Wiz

gc