pawtucket

Has Greasespot jumped the Shark  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Has Greasespot jumped the Shark

• Yes it has, close it down
    • Close but not yet
    • It is still viable
    • Don't know, don't care

he asked some legitimate questions of a higher-up but they weren't allowed becaues of too much emotion

i don't agree with a lot, but i'm afraid to say so

Rhino had one and only one mission, destroy that thread. You can believe what you want. What I should have done is make it an article.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm almost speechless over the vitriol and entitlement some of these posters are showing here. Its appalling to think Paw has personally endured such dialog, who knew such searing magma lurked under the surface here. (well I guess the personal attack against Paw got deleted,  had no idea Rhino felt that way and so strongly about Paw and this website)

This website is owned and run by Pawtucket, we use it, we contribute to the dynamic, but if paw wanted to he could close it down tonight. He didn't even have to post a thread about it, he could have just announced the closing of the website. What's stopping the ones who don't like how its run here and think this website "belongs" to them, go out and start their own forum and run it the way they like?

Edited by now I see

And that was a prime example of why -- if I were Paw --I would be in prison.

He is gracious, ministerial, generous and thick skinned enough to survive crap like that --- yet sensitive enough to stay open cause there might be one more person dying for freedom from TWI and the "voice" he has allowed to speak might be heard, digested, and break the bonds placed on the innocent seeking Jesus.

HE is the one who has had GRACE under fire and he did it for us. And all the snot nosed people who feel this is “owed to them” stand in the welfare line accepting their hand-out and not offering a finger to earn their keep.

I do not always agree with Paw. I have been in "time out" and contacted about some things I have said. It jolted me. Made me gasp, gulp and get angry. Just as I have with many a boss I have had. But there is a respect level that needs to be followed. It is just a social norm if nothing else.

And yet here, all ethical, social and acceptable behavior is forsaken and all the anguish, anger and unresolved feelings seem to spill forth on to Paw -- as if he is some kind of masochistic therapist. He is not. He is one of us who has generously stepped up to the plate in LOVE not ego to offer us a place to visit and heal and if Rhino or Ex, or even myself -- does not like it then we should leave. But to ridicule and snap at this man is unfair, unsightly and uncalled for.

Again Paw, I salute you.

And if you people like REFINER so much -- don't let the door hit you in the AZZ on the way out. Go there.

Paw, sorry about the vitrol against you. The one time I lost my temper here last summer as relates to Kristen's book and the attacks against her, if those posters had been my customers as administrator, I not only would have banned them, I would have informed the authorities about them. Likewise when Ralph D was on radio broadcast, those same posters lambasted his views. I know you are sick and tired of this bickering, like some of us are still 2 year olds throwing temper tantrums like 2 former TWI presidents. You need a sabbattical from this. If it closes, it will be like losing an old friend. Any possibilities that moderators take over as co-administrators?

Ex, I guess you're referring to my use of the word entitlement, here's why I said that.

It was the line by Rhino, "The site "belongs" to many worthy contributors .. Those that contributed back in "the day" should continue"..

That sounds very elitist, and was an attack on Paw, to new posters, and anyone that doesn't agree with Rhino's statements, plain and simple.

Ok, here's the rest of the quote from Rhino, sans swipes at Paw, hopefully the mods will let it stay:

"The site "belongs" to many worthy contributors .. whether it finds a new home or not. ..and it needs to go to some others ... Those that contributed back in "the day" should continue ... some of you worked harder at this waydale stuff and have much to offer ... you folks are the ones that should carry on ..."

It sounded elitist and had an air of entitlement.

something i was thinking about

when it comes to entitlement

it should not be selective

if i was a big leader in the way and someone asked me a question, i hope i would be able to answer it

and not be entitled to get a pass on here

does that make sense?

---

the answer could be as simple as "i was screwed up, i was in a cult"

but the sad thing is when everyone jumps to defend -- i don't want to use the word "worship"

but you get my point i hope

Satori, good to see you. I am glad you haven’t lost your skills as a wordsmith. Although I find your post counterproductive, your way with words is simply amazing. Just like old times :)

Thanks JesseJoe. I guess with some posts being edited by everyone but their authors, and other posts disappearing altogether, I'm not sure which of mine you're referring to. I guess the mod(s) want to prove Oakspear's point about editing, and they're doing a great job, because I'm totally lost.

As Modgellan reminds us, this thread is about whether Greasespot has become a pointless waste of time... or not. Thanks Modgellan, and thanks (if it was you) for only deleting the one of my posts so far. Which rule did it violate, by the way? They take a lot of time to write, and I think arbitrarily deleting posts devalues Greasespot, and therefore Pawtucket's heart and soul investment, considerably, but you probably don't agree, whoever you are. In any case, thanks much, because it helps answer the question at hand.

--

The real question is why is Greasespot such a bear to manage? I think I've answered that question already, but here it is again, sort of...

Managing Greasespot has -bottom line- become about pleasing those personalities who want to control it. Yes folks, sorry to say, there are still a few manipulative, controlling people out there. Do they love Greasespot? Do termites love wood? They nag, they flatter, they cajole, the wheedle and coax, they call at 3am, they email relentlessly. It's what they do, and who they are. They can't help it.

If you can't shoot them, what else can be done? Ignore them. Put them on hold and go have a beer.

In other words, Greasespot is not the TRUE unbearable weight here. I'd venture to guess, it's a VERY, VERY small minority who insist that Pawtucket cater to their needs. And, for whatever reason, which only he knows, he complies. And Greasespot takes the blame.

It's a shame, but a burden like that would kill an elephant. I suspect that some of Pawtucket's best friends, and greatest allies, are also in truth, some of his greatest liabilities, emotionally and psychologically speaking. It's hard to avoid something like that when virtually everyone here is a refugee from Dr. Fruitcake's little cult. But if it's true, it's something he can't really tell them, so the burden is that much heavier.

Edited by satori001

anyone can generate what is wrong!

so great thinker what is the solutions?

pond, it does not take a great thinker to just pull back.

Do A, B, and C line up for an audience with Popetucket and receive his blessing? He needs to tell them he's not what they imagined. Have A talk to B, and tell C to see a professional.

Are they angry about what somebody said to them? Tell them to use the "ignore" feature.

Ya know, people do get "attacked" in the Middle East. Not here. I've never seen a bigger pack of babies as some of the folks around here: "I've been attacked by..."

The nicest, most compassionate, benevolent, healing, beautiful thing Pawtucket can do for his flock is to stop taking their calls. He can tell them why. He can say "I'm not your freakin' mother, okay!?" And then remind them that he has no more of God or Truth than they have, and he can't live their lives for them. These sheep need to grow the flock up, and the shepherd must turn them over to the true Shepherd, once and for all.

How did I do, pondy?

this will probably be deleted but I have one thing to say.

it was about the Im not your mother comment, my kids never listen to a darn word i tell them ... and they get hurt.

and then i am hurt..

and i am now at a point hurt is played out is real time anger.

oh wait

is this thread about me?

oh it is about you right? sorry

you did fine .

lol

it is easier to say than do when you care.

i get that

and it real easy to say when it anothers persons investment .

pesky emotions

and hell yeah lack of faith plays a factor.

love is all bad satori I cant believe that yet, close but not yet.

And that was a prime example of why -- if I were Paw --I would be in prison.

He is gracious, ministerial, generous and thick skinned enough to survive crap like that --- yet sensitive enough to stay open cause there might be one more person dying for freedom from TWI and the "voice" he has allowed to speak might be heard, digested, and break the bonds placed on the innocent seeking Jesus.

HE is the one who has had GRACE under fire and he did it for us. And all the snot nosed people who feel this is “owed to them” stand in the welfare line accepting their hand-out and not offering a finger to earn their keep.

I wouldn't be in prison, but I'd definitely have a reputation for acting

a lot more precipitously and capriciously than Paw does.

That would be fine with me-the same people would make the same

complaints, and everyone else would have a less stressful board.

I think a lot of people who have never tried staffing a board would

have a different perspective if they HAD. I've moderated and staffed,

and it's a whole other thing entirely.

(snip)

But there is a respect level that needs to be followed. It is just a social norm if nothing else.

And yet here, all ethical, social and acceptable behavior is forsaken and all the anguish, anger and unresolved feelings seem to spill forth on to Paw -- as if he is some kind of masochistic therapist. He is not. He is one of us who has generously stepped up to the plate in LOVE not ego to offer us a place to visit and heal and if Rhino or Ex, or even myself -- does not like it then we should leave. But to ridicule and snap at this man is unfair, unsightly and uncalled for.

Again Paw, I salute you.

And if you people like REFINER so much -- don't let the door hit you in the AZZ on the way out. Go there.

If posters don't like how any board is managed, they are always welcome

to start their own board, or to move to an existing board.

I don't get the sense of entitlement I get that people feel they have

a Constitutional right to vent at Paw or something.

Pawtucket,

My sincerest thanks to you for fulfilling your ministry here to provide a forum to tell the other side of the story, and have some fun while doing it. Many lives have been healed and set back on course, or chartered a new (and, hopefully, better) one, because of the information exchange here. You have fought the good fight, and been victorious. As this place has become a burden to you which outweighs the joy you receive from it, it seems like it is time for you to move on. God bless you as you blaze new paths in your life!

The story will continue to be told as long as there is a need for the telling and re-telling. The exchange of ideas, conversations, validations, etc. will also continue as long as there is a need for them. It may not be at GSC, but there will be a place where the healing will continue.

Thank you for taking up where WayDale left off. Seems it’s time for the next segment to begin under someone else’s loving, watchful, and patient eye.

Thank you again for all you have done for so many. Your life will continue to be a blessing in the next segment of your journey, whatever that may be. Godspeed!

PurpleDays

I'm selfish... I want it to stay open cuz I've made some good friends here... but I spoze that I'll still be able to find a way to keep in touch with them if it closes down...

...but if you're gonna lock it down, give us a couple of days notice so those of us who like to talk baseball can figure out a different place to meet please... :)

This is the first I've seen this thread... and only thought to look here after chatting with another gs'er.

I agree with all who have encouraged Pawtucket to do what's best for him.

Another suggestion for having contact, like Tom Strange mentioned (quoted above), is to join facebook.

I only joined it last week. I've found a couple dozen friends already... two I knew from my last year in high school and haven't had contact with in more than 35 years... Some I worked with and knew in Arizona politics but haven't had much contact with for the last couple of years... then also some people from TWI.

It has built in chat and closed groups can be established easily.

The only drawback is that you have to sign up with your real name...

Anyway, that's a suggestion for people who want to stay connected.

Well said Satori

...snip...

The nicest, most compassionate, benevolent, healing, beautiful thing Pawtucket can do for his flock is to stop taking their calls. He can tell them why. He can say "I'm not your freakin' mother, okay!?" And then remind them that he has no more of God or Truth than they have, and he can't live their lives for them. These sheep need to grow the flock up, and the shepherd must turn them over to the true Shepherd, once and for all.

How did I do, pondy?

I don't understand what purpose this site serves. I used to think it was about stopping The Way International. Now I see it is just a social site. In some ways now it just feeds the monster.

Paw,

What harm is there in closing this site down? Just do it. Be done with this.