GreaseSpot Cafe

Psychic mediums- fact or fiction?

Hopefull

I've got a whole long piece of quack I wrote on this topic several years ago, can't find it. I was trying to understand the logistics of a "true" instance of what psychic mediums and the like attempt to do or say they do, or whatever. In other words - if it happens, what happens.

My own results boiled down to - it's impossible by all known components. Big whoppdee doo, but I couldn't get any traction on it.

Any "unknown" components require a huge, complex range of probabilities to get to the point that I could seriously suggest a "spiritual" or unseen set of probabilities that would work together to accomplish what they appear to, or say, they do.

But - I don't discount the fact that human knowledge can be, and I believe is, informed by "God" and a heightened set of faculties that are spiritual. But the logistics of that are more probable if laid out and looked at by observation (although I know many won't admit the anecdotal information as being solid enough) and by writings like the Bible (and I know many won't admit that information either)

But, if a duck quacks, we say it's a duck. So if something happens enough times under x circumstance, there may be a "duck" there to be seen and understood.

But in the psychic reading stuff, I don't see it - for reasons too long to go into here, but along the lines of some of the critical comments here.