GreaseSpot Cafe

Does anyone remember the bag pipe Lady?

finallyunderstand

I don't remember any bagpipes and it would seem that would be something that would be hard to forget. Was this when they had "family tables?"

Funny, two of the three ads at the bottom of this page are about bagpipes right now. :biglaugh:

I see four ads, three for bagpipes and one from the way expose by jl.

there were all kinds of music and theatre things going on at the family tables when I first went to RoA, but lcm destroyed all of that within a few years.

• Upvote 1

I don't remember any bagpipes and it would seem that would be something that would be hard to forget. Was this when they had "family tables?"

Funny, two of the three ads at the bottom of this page are about bagpipes right now. :biglaugh:

Yes, now that I remember she did play them at the family tables. She also dressed the part. It was a long time ago. I'd forgotten they were called family tables. Funny about the ads, I didn't plan it that way. :)

There is or was a person called Bagpipes who is/was a member here at the cafe. Was this the same person?

• Upvote 1

Yes, now that I remember she did play them at the family tables. She also dressed the part. It was a long time ago. I'd forgotten they were called family tables. Funny about the ads, I didn't plan it that way. :)

The ads are context sensitive. That's part of what pays for the hosting of the website.

Look on the Guns thread or the Music thread and you'll see ads that are tailored to those topics.

It is NOT a coincidence.

The ads are context sensitive. That's part of what pays for the hosting of the website.

Look on the Guns thread or the Music thread and you'll see ads that are tailored to those topics.

It is NOT a coincidence.

google adwords contextual ad placement is an amazing beast. I have to admit to deliberately placing words in forums sometimes just to see if I can change the ads that pop up. like if we started talking about the bagpipe player being scottish, and all the things scottish people do, like smoke pipes, drink scotch, play golf and wear kilts, what would the ads do?

p.s. I apologize to any scottish people who may be present for so narrowly generalizing.

• Upvote 1

I see four ads, three for bagpipes and one from the way expose by jl.

there were all kinds of music and theatre things going on at the family tables when I first went to RoA, but lcm destroyed all of that within a few years.

lcm really was terrible at knowing what people needed. Terrible businessman wasn't he? Good thing he didn't go into marketing.

I never pay attention to ads, but now that I think about it- they usually are about something we've recently looked at. Makes sense the ads are context sensitive. Explains all the sky diving, motor cycle, golf, horse and tennis ads our family gets. :rolleyes:

Edited by finallyunderstand