GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas, Our Texas

YID

I am hearing rumblings from people in stores and on their jobs as though they would support a Texas succession from the Union.

We are one of, if not the only state, with the provision in our charter and declaration of independence. Personally, I've never read it. But enough Texans talk about it to the point it is taken for granted.

The economy in Texas, for the most part, is still strong. We have not seen double digit unemployment in San Antonio yet. In fact, the mayor was strutting around like he had just been re-elected last week when it was revealed our unemployment numbers actually went down a little.

San Antonio is still growing. In fact, I'm moving 30 miles away to avoid the congestion. Winter is almost over for us. By the middle of February cold fronts will blow through and head straight east within a day. So, one night it might get down into the 40's or 30's, but the next day can see 70's and 80's.

This area is struggling through an 18 month drought. Water restrictions are already being implemented. We will survive it because the farmlands are south of San Antonio. They are close enough to the gulf to see some benefits.

Enough about San Antonio, what about the rest of the state? Houston seems to be recovering nicely from the hurricanes.

West Texas is drilling for oil again. We have enough for Texas without a problem

Most of us here wonder how you guys manage in 0 degree weather. Just like you wonder how we handle the heat..... for us, we turn on th air conditioning. Or we go tubing down the river or at Schlitterbaun.

Well, have fun with Obama. I am hoping we can succeed before the taxes take affect,,

Have a great day, whereever you are.

I am hearing rumblings from people in stores and on their jobs as though they would support a Texas succession from the Union.

We are one of, if not the only state, with the provision in our charter and declaration of independence. Personally, I've never read it. But enough Texans talk about it to the point it is taken for granted.

The economy in Texas, for the most part, is still strong. We have not seen double digit unemployment in San Antonio yet. In fact, the mayor was strutting around like he had just been re-elected last week when it was revealed our unemployment numbers actually went down a little.

San Antonio is still growing. In fact, I'm moving 30 miles away to avoid the congestion. Winter is almost over for us. By the middle of February cold fronts will blow through and head straight east within a day. So, one night it might get down into the 40's or 30's, but the next day can see 70's and 80's.

This area is struggling through an 18 month drought. Water restrictions are already being implemented. We will survive it because the farmlands are south of San Antonio. They are close enough to the gulf to see some benefits.

Enough about San Antonio, what about the rest of the state? Houston seems to be recovering nicely from the hurricanes.

West Texas is drilling for oil again. We have enough for Texas without a problem

Most of us here wonder how you guys manage in 0 degree weather. Just like you wonder how we handle the heat..... for us, we turn on th air conditioning. Or we go tubing down the river or at Schlitterbaun.

Well, have fun with Obama. I am hoping we can succeed before the taxes take affect,,

Have a great day, whereever you are.

Folks, do you know what Texans call California? Ans: West Texas

There was alot of talk about Vermont seceding during the Bush years, and of course HRH Sarah Palin and her husband the former potential first dude were involved with the Alaska secessionists.

My personal favorite are those who have 'successfully' seceded such as Robert Ben Madison, a 13 year old resident of Milwaukee, who declared his bedroom the

The Kingdon of Talossa on December 26, 1979.

Since then the nation has evolved and grown. It has a king , a cabinet, a parliament, constitution, flag, national anthem, national opera and a football team--even an official language (Talossan of course) All the things you'd expect from a nation.

Like any nation its not without its problems. in 2004 some citizens seceded from the Kingdom, forming the secessionist Republic of Talossa on June 1, 2004.

There are aton of "micronations" scattered around the country. I even toyed with the wholke idea myself (for about 5 minutes) about 10 years ago..

Mstaristan?

maybe...

I might do it but I'd have to decree Emperor Norton as our national patron saint

ARTICLE--"Its Good To Be King"

If we don't secede from the Union we at least need to make those east and west coast crazies get a visa before we allow them to enter the state.

The reason for the visa is to make sure no more of them move here. It drives me crazy when they move here and then tell us how to live. If you don't like our laws and attitudes move back to Chicargo.

I remember back in 1975 when Texas Monthly magazine came out and discribed what makes us unique. The Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in a Pickup.

Kind of like the UPS guy just dropped off a package for me. 500 rds of 5.56. Just more fun to be had.

If we don't secede from the Union we at least need to make those east and west coast crazies get a visa before we allow them to enter the state.

The reason for the visa is to make sure no more of them move here. It drives me crazy when they move here and then tell us how to live. If you don't like our laws and attitudes move back to Chicargo.

I remember back in 1975 when Texas Monthly magazine came out and discribed what makes us unique. The Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in a Pickup.

Kind of like the UPS guy just dropped off a package for me. 500 rds of 5.56. Just more fun to be had.

Ok, ok, some red, very red flags are going up with me..Tell you what, I will get a visa, when Texas comes up with a better beer than "lone star", meet me at high noon, over by the canal in San Antonio so we can settle this "mano y mano"..that is, I am sending "mano" to you, recently hired from the Waterloo Home Depot parking lot...you need to find your own mano....

Edited by mchud11

I personaaly like Lone Star (no longer brewed in Texas) and Pearl (no longer brewed in Texas).

Many people love Shiner Bock.

Bud has a huge brewery in Houston.

As far as Mano goes. We in Texas love to sit down, have a nice chat over an adult beverage. Why you would want to send in a proxy I don't know. Now if you ment a fight. Hay the last fist fight I was in was November 1, 1972. I remember it well as I broke my right hand on Scott G"s face.

If I must find my own Mano I'm in trouble. I know several Manuel's but no Mano's.

I personaaly like Lone Star (no longer brewed in Texas) and Pearl (no longer brewed in Texas).

Many people love Shiner Bock.

Bud has a huge brewery in Houston.

As far as Mano goes. We in Texas love to sit down, have a nice chat over an adult beverage. Why you would want to send in a proxy I don't know. Now if you ment a fight. Hay the last fist fight I was in was November 1, 1972. I remember it well as I broke my right hand on Scott G"s face.

If I must find my own Mano I'm in trouble. I know several Manuel's but no Mano's.

I love Texans, really I do. I live for a while in Austin. Been to President Johnsons home town. Ya, pearl wasn't a bad beer in my memory. When I was in Texas, Willie Nelson was playing 4 days a week at the "Armadillo". I even dated an ex-Miss Texas girl, oh, she didn't win, second or third, but hey..I was under her league.. So, thanks for responding, we are in Just Silly and I feel qualified to spin a yarn...regards...

I forgot to mention that there is one import from Detroit that I love but is not available in Texas. Stroh's Beer.

Stroh's, perhaps the best brew to go with "seared sausage products"...mmm, Stroh's

Stroh's, perhaps the best brew to go with "seared sausage products"...mmm, Stroh's

See a true Texan can always find a comman ground with almost anyone.

I checked the Stroh's site and they don't import it to Texas.

An interesting point is that I discovered Stroh's while on my way to the 1976 ROA's. We had stopped at a hotel the day before we got there to have a shower and good nights sleep. Went to a liquor store and bought 6 picks of everything they didn't have at home. O to be 21 and single again.

This was sent to me shortly after the election.

Since then, the talk gets more heated every day the news reports what he did that day.

Some Texans are getting quite disturbed about the current events. I am one of them.

Subject: THE COUNTRY OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right

to secede from the Union . (Reference the Texas-American

Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to

take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election.

We'll miss you too.

Here is what can happen:

#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United

States; Texas immediately secedes from the Union .

#2: Rick Perry will become the President of the

Republic of Texas .

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas . We will control

the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term

"Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole

new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of

Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states?

Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too

bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to

figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in

producing computer chips and communications--small companies

like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon,

National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied

Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi,

Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for

cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma

units in the world, as well as other large health centers.

Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of

Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of

Houston, Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas

Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South

anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open

the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry,

plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas

National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We

don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at

least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in

24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad,

we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask

them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas

Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs,

and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and

let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody

down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good.

Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the

Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing

out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your

cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in

his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have

to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston

will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but

since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not

need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will

take to get enough heat from Global Warming.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give

you something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!

One Nation Under God

YID,

The moment that happens, you'll see Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin cease to function as all the foreigners, yankees, and liberals leave the state. For example, I work at a natural gas company in Houston. I'd say that we are split about 50%/50% politically, although it is basically divided between management (mainly Republican) and workers (mainly Democratic). I don't think this state could survive if all that were left were upper management types and religious nuts.

YID,

The moment that happens, you'll see Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin cease to function as all the foreigners, yankees, and liberals leave the state. For example, I work at a natural gas company in Houston. I'd say that we are split about 50%/50% politically, although it is basically divided between management (mainly Republican) and workers (mainly Democratic). I don't think this state could survive if all that were left were upper management types and religious nuts.

YOU SED....

I don't think this state could survive if all that were left were upper management types and religious nuts.

You may be right, but just remember, all we would have to do is open the border crossings and allow temporary workers in from Mexico. This would make us their friend.

We also have the added benefit of plenty of jobs, we would see republican kids come down south to go to our colleges and many would need summer and part-time jobs.

Unemployment would stay at about 3% or less. We'd become the most productive country in the Americas.

Excuse me while I sing the Texas National Anthem...... Perhaps the rest from the best will join me in a chorus of "Yellow Rose of Texas"

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Hey Paw! Where did I hang my hat? ? ? ?? Ex70'sHouston!!!! Did you see it? I gotta find my hat before the band plays "Cotten Eyed-Joe"!!! !!!! !!!

oops! I just realized.....I ain't in no dance hall....this is the cafe.

What will the national currency be? :wink2:

This old Texan was bragging to a visitor from Kentucky. "Son, we have enough oil to drive around this ol' world for about 300 years."

Not to be out done, the man from Kentucky spoke up and said, "Sir, we have enough gold to build a fence around Texas."

The Texan, not missing a step, said, "Son, you build that fence...we'll pay for it!"

When it is time to figure out the currency, I am sure we could make those decisions.

But what will you do about the Texans who like Obama? The ones who were "less than happy" with W.? I am a 5th generation Texan, and I agree with the Dixie Chicks.

I also like Shiner, and can shoot a straight bullet. I think of fried okra as a delicacy, and sweet tea as a necessity. My daddy's given name, at birth, was "Junior." I have not one single Yankee in my ancestry; we checked. As soon as there was a South, that's where my folks were.

In sum, I think that I'm as much "Texas" as anybody breathing, and I am a HUGE Obama supporter.

Since one of the hallmarks of Texas is independant thought, what will you do with the Texans who are just pie-eyed happy with the recent election? Those of us doing flippety-flips of joy?

With our big hair, boots, and Jeeps?