GreaseSpot Cafe

Headquarters in New Knoxville

Questionstobeanswered

I was wondering where I could see some pictures of HQ as well as some descriptions of what is there. I have casually walked through the campus by myself, but wasn't sure what each building is. The fountains were very interesting, as well as the homes and dorms surrounding hq. I am very unfamiliar with the way, and have only read on here, but its hard to imagine without pictures.

Also, does the new president teach services? What is her role? Is it public? How often do members see her?

Edited by Questionstobeanswered

I was just there a week ago or two. Got pics on my phone.

Looks the same as always.

They come to my home and bug me every now and then. I figure I should buzz them.

Remember China 88 in New Bremen? Good fortune cookies . . .

I don't know anything about the new president so I will not talk ill of her,but if they are still teaching vpw old crap

they might as well hook those beautiful fountains up to a raw sewage pipe that would be more fitting than the false

pretense of appearance.

The grass is always greener over the spetic tank!!! Cow pie anyone? (In the form of biblical research classes)

yummy the MEAT of da word? :blink:

Also, does the new president teach services? What is her role? Is it public? How often do members see her?

Twi started as a cult that was based on the charisma of of it's founder...The current president has no charisma and the cult exists solely on the fact that they amassed a large amount of assets in their "glory years"...International hdqtrs serves as a "retirement home" for many of these old timers...any pretense of "Christian ministry" is window dressing.

Twi started as a cult that was based on the charisma of of it's founder...The current president has no charisma and the cult exists solely on the fact that they amassed a large amount of assets in their "glory years"...International hdqtrs serves as a "retirement home" for many of these old timers...any pretense of "Christian ministry" is window dressing.

I can just see them playing kick the can and riding those big adult tricycles around(more like a looney bin)

"Does the President teach anything?"

Ummmmm, NO!

She gets her yearly ''talk'' in October for a few minutes. She lets her minions do the teaching.

ahhh, :asdf: my mistake, thanks for the correction B.. teach? what was I thinking?

yes, she lets them ''script read''...yes, from the Way Chronicles of The Way.

Wow, Jerry is still with TWI????? I figured he would be selling something, but I didn't think it would still be green cards.

they don't make green cards anymore, I think they're white, or blue . . .

yep, his chillens is following his footsteps . . .

Who teaches, or script reads, or "talks" at the Sunday Night Services now? Do they have anyone that they think is a "dynamic teacher" or whatever?

Most of the local Way Corps that either live at HQ or nearby, or guests that arrive once in awhile will teach. They usually have it planned a year in advance so they all have plenty of time to put their "script" together. It really is pathetic. They worry someone might say something "inaccurate", non Way-speak, so everyone is required to have their teaching typed out, word for word, then submitted to allow the trustees to read over, then read to the trustee's the week of that Sunday so they can make any minor adjustments. After that, they read it to the people on Sunday. Boring. So boring. They are not allowed to go off script, so any looks of not reading is because they at least had a bit memorized.. Which is now days rare. (Or they get their a$ $ chewed out afterwards). I remember this being more the norm after you had John Reynolds (at that time, Secretary Treasurer) make some serious mistakes in a live teaching, they even had to send out correction tapes at the time to Corps, and since then, Rosalie taught on preparing teachings and having it all written down. and well, that is now the norm. Boring.

No dynamic teachers anymore. Most all Corps are cycled through as long as they are considered decent speakers(readers) and not on "discipline" status.

Wow...remember how old vpw used to brag in the class about never writing down his teachings lest the devil read em and prepare his congregation over night against the message??

As much as I despise the old b-stard....he would be really freaked if he saw what had become of his lifes work....lol now that I think of it...it would be poetic justice....His ministry run by women, the people too afraid to do anything more than read pre scripted teachings....brother

Wow...remember how old vpw used to brag in the class about never writing down his teachings lest the devil read em and prepare his congregation over night against the message??

As much as I despise the old b-stard....he would be really freaked if he saw what had become of his lifes work....lol now that I think of it...it would be poetic justice....His ministry run by women, the people too afraid to do anything more than read pre scripted teachings....brother

What would be more intriguing would be LCM's honest response to the women who ran him off and now run the show. What WAS that big Homo purge really about anyway?? Why that?

They sure used him pretty good. Who has the money, power, and private vacations together? Things that make you wonder??

?

I don't think he would give a rat's butt one way or the other.

He set out to build an MLM that he could milk for the rest of his life and that's exactly what he did.

Your probably right, but the man had a monstrous ego, and he absolutely despised women. To see how pitiful his world wide ministry had dwindled...that his precious ministry is run by emotional women that ought to be answering to some man. The guy that he personally hand picked and trained, supposedly by God`s devine inspiration, thrown out disgraced, a certifiable lunatic.... his wife, as badly as he personally had treated her...was removed from the family farm, her home for so many years, and placed in a nursing home...all of his children, and the majority of his granchildren forbidden to step onto the family farm....

Like I said, poetic justice. To bad he can`t see what his legacy is today.