GreaseSpot Cafe

Headquarters in New Knoxville

Questionstobeanswered

ljn698,

I'm not so sure. What with the internet making information about what really goes on available like it never was when he was alive, I think there would be more confrontation and more of the dirt out in the open, like it did with LCM. Perhaps there would not be as many who turn away, but I think there would be some, and not a few.

of course if vpw was still alive and kickin, the vast majority of the off shoot starters,

and even some of the folks on this post-fest would not DARE to seperate themselves

from twi.

just an observation please don't take it as a personal slight anyone.

It's certainly a telling tale that the charisma of one twisted man could have such a far reaching impact.

Of course, if veepee were alive today, he would be about 93 years old (tells how old the rest of us are getting)...probably spitting up on himself and mindlessly rambling...

...I'm not sure that a conman like Wierwille could pull it off today...too much info out there on the internet.

I think most of us would have boogied off...

. . .

...I'm not sure that a conman like Wierwille could pull it off today...too much info out there on the internet.

I think most of us would have boogied off...

There are websites about Benny Hinn. He seems to still have an audiance.

Most of the local Way Corps that either live at HQ or nearby, or guests that arrive once in awhile will teach. They usually have it planned a year in advance so they all have plenty of time to put their "script" together. It really is pathetic. They worry someone might say something "inaccurate", non Way-speak, so everyone is required to have their teaching typed out, word for word, then submitted to allow the trustees to read over, then read to the trustee's the week of that Sunday so they can make any minor adjustments. After that, they read it to the people on Sunday. Boring. So boring. They are not allowed to go off script, so any looks of not reading is because they at least had a bit memorized.. Which is now days rare. (Or they get their a$ $ chewed out afterwards). I remember this being more the norm after you had John Reynolds (at that time, Secretary Treasurer) make some serious mistakes in a live teaching, they even had to send out correction tapes at the time to Corps, and since then, Rosalie taught on preparing teachings and having it all written down. and well, that is now the norm. Boring.

No dynamic teachers anymore. Most all Corps are cycled through as long as they are considered decent speakers(readers) and not on "discipline" status.

This is a wonderful contrast with the way VP in PFAL lampooned memorized, overworked sermons, preferring instead the preacher who just stood up on Sunday without preparation, because then even the Devil had no idea what was coming! :biglaugh:

George