GreaseSpot Cafe

Famous people I'd like to get wasted with

RumRunner

Dennis Hopper - twisted actor

Meryl Streep - excellent actress

Steve Buscemi - twisted actor

Tom Robbins - twisted author (Must read "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates")

Grace Slick - famous musician

Robert Hunter - lyricist for the Dead

Hunter S. Thompson - famous twisted author

Edited by RumRunner

James Earl Jones - Just to hear him say " 'Ere..."

Melissa Etheridge - Great performer

Jack Nicholson - He'd be twisted for sure

Charlize Theron - Just 'cuz

Morgan Freeman - great actor

gotta think about this one some more....

I would like two separate partys

The first with Maya Angelou

Marion Woodman

Caroline Myss

all very deep thinkers!

The second with Danny Devito

John Candy and Whoppi!

My poison would be Lemonchello and Margaritas(separate checks please)

Edited by cheranne

Sitting around a campfire at 2 AM with KENNY BAKER picking music, and passing a jar of *clear liquid* around.

Sitting backstage with Norman, Nancy, and James sharing a *leafy green substance*.

Being invited to the hotel of Grant and Ginger Boatwright (Red, White, and Bluegrass Band) to -------- ,

and to learn how to blow darts through a 3 foot tube towards the target pinned on the motel room door.

(Dave Sebolt -- the bass player kept repeating --- "Do NOT inhale dart. Do NOT inhale dart"!!

Oh -- wait a minute. This thread is a "hypothetical", not something that's already happened, eh? :lol: ;) :lol:

What a cool thread!

Okay. I gotta say that I do like RRs choice of Steve Buscemi. That would crack me up for sure. He killed me in The Wedding Singer when he proposed that toast. Okay. Here's my list:

Steve Buscemi

Kurt Russel

Elizabeth Hurley (Miss Kensington!) :wink2:

Eddie Murphy (I got some ice cream an you did dint! And yer on welfare.....!)

John Wayne-were he alive

Dan Akroyd

I should like to drink absinthe with the impressionists. For one month only. Not long enough to risk feeling the need to cut off an ear, mind you. For one month, I would like to sip and sup with Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, and all the other original masters of blur.

Russell Crowe – what he’s really like

Cher – whatever she wants to talk about

Annette Bening – how her kids are doing

Paul McCartney – what’s he thinking getting married again

Ringo Starr – seems like a fun person

Harrison Ford – how he picks his movies

Nicole Kidman – to hear Scientology insider info

Julian Lennon – did he ever get his money from Yoko

Yoko One – how she had the nerve to @ Lennon in Cyn’s bed and has she done anything to help John’s sisters

Barack Obama -- if only to get him drunk enough that he'd actually admit stuff

Julie Andrews and Toni Tennille -- crushes from my younger days

Bruce Campbell -- cracks me up

Steve Martin -- ditto

Sarah Palin -- I admire her guts

If I can dredge up one dead guy: John Philip Sousa -- I'd love to hear what he would think of my marches

I'm pretty sure they'd all be comfortable ramming beers.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I'm not so sure about the "wasted" part but It would have been great to down a few brews with Muddy Waters.

It seems like just about everyone he mentored went onto success in their own careers.

The list reads like a "who's who" of modern music.

Makes me wonder what The Rolling Stones would have called themselves if Brian Jones hadn't been inspired by Muddy's song with the now famous line, "I'm a rolling stone.".

I'd like to party with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Lou Reed, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson, probably individually, only because I'd want to give them my full attention.

Of course, I'd like to bring John Hartford back to life and just hang with him the rest of eternity, but I guess that's heading off topic... :blink:

I sometimes think I'd like to hang out with Richard Gere or Sam Elliott. They really keep my attention in movies over the years.

About 10 years ago, after a long night of too many tequila shots, I had to endure a ferry ride over a choppy Lake Erie. I'm getting too old for that chit, so I don't do it anymore.

People I'd like to sip a couple glasses of wine with:

Jesus Christ (I'd ask him which things in the Bible [as we now have it] he really said and which he didn't)

Noah (I'd ask him what they did with all the animals' poop)

George Harrison (met him once, but only got to say hello and shake his hand)

Bob Dylan (although I don't know if I could understand him without being wasted)

Mrs. E.D.E.N. Southworth, Victorian authoress of many novels (her books are studied in many colleges' Womens Studies courses)

a Tibetan monk

My hippie Christian friends from my pre-TWI days

Several of my ancestors (they could clear up a few "brick walls" in my genealogy research!)

I'm not so sure about the "wasted" part but It would have been great to down a few brews with Muddy Waters.

It seems like just about everyone he mentored went onto success in their own careers.

The list reads like a "who's who" of modern music.

Makes me wonder what The Rolling Stones would have called themselves if Brian Jones hadn't been inspired by Muddy's song with the now famous line, "I'm a rolling stone.".

I mentioned years ago on some thread that in the early 70's I got stoned with Muddy in between sets at the old Pauls Mall in Boston.

It wasnt really a 'one on one' with him but about 15 people stuffed into a closet sized bathroom with about 8 joints going for about 20 minutes

For some reason ( :rolleyes: ) I dont remember what we talked about, although I do remember that Muddy's stuff was by far the best.....real deal Acapulco Gold... which for me was rare and an instant mega high---

the second set was amazing......

Sounds like a fun thread...

I'd like to get drunk/stoned with:

1-Robin Williams

2-Lewis Black

3-Colin Powell

4-Alan Ginsberg

5-Ringo Starr

"Alan [sic] Ginsberg"? A desire to consume alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs with a NAMBLA member and literary (and possibly practicing) pederast seems a rather low (not to mention icky) aspiration, even for one of the left-of-center denizens of GSC’s political forum -- though I figure it is attributable to a trendily-pluckish anti-establishment mindset and some biographical ignorance about Ginsberg.

As for me, I'd probably go for swilling Heinekens with Cornelius Van Til or V8 juice with Meredith Kline.

Rather than do something that would imply recognition of the likes of Allen Ginsberg as socially tolerable, however, I'd opt for eating pretzels with and/or listening to a lecture on Russian literature or epistemology from Dan Quayle.

Acapulco Gold.....they just don't make it like that anymore. I haven't heard that name for a long time. I remember Mexican Red Hair and Maui Wowi too. I hear the stuff out there today can scare the chit out of us older folks.

I never gave thought to who I'd like to hang with, but I thought Nicole Kidman was an interesting one to get her take on the Scientology thing. That makes me think of Penelope Cruz too. I believe she is the reason Tom Cruise divorced Nicole Kidman. He left Mimi Rogers for Nicole when they worked on a movie set. Any woman married or hooked up with Tom Cruise would be interesting to talk to. He's a complete wack job IMHO. But I like his acting.

I'd like to meet:

1. Abraham Lincoln (Politics interest me, and he seems like one of the few admirable politicians of our time.)

2. Will Smith (he's really cool)

3. Jayda Pinkett-Smith (she's even cooler)

4. Christopher Columbus (he must have had a really full and interesting life traveling like he did)

5. Sammy Hagar (he's still a rocker in his 60s. I'm sure he's experienced a lot. plus he seems drunk all the time anyway.)

6. Queen Elizabeth, Henry VIII, or Anne Bolin (their time of history interests me a lot)

Edited by Nottawayfer

About 10 years ago, after a long night of too many tequila shots, I had to endure a ferry ride over a choppy Lake Erie. I'm getting too old for that chit, so I don't do it anymore.

People I'd like to sip a couple glasses of wine with:

Jesus Christ (I'd ask him which things in the Bible [as we now have it] he really said and which he didn't)

Noah (I'd ask him what they did with all the animals' poop)

George Harrison (met him once, but only got to say hello and shake his hand)

Bob Dylan (although I don't know if I could understand him without being wasted)

Mrs. E.D.E.N. Southworth, Victorian authoress of many novels (her books are studied in many colleges' Womens Studies courses)

a Tibetan monk

My hippie Christian friends from my pre-TWI days

Several of my ancestors (they could clear up a few "brick walls" in my genealogy research!)

Could I join you I ask as I'm copying Victorian author...

I like the idea of the painters and artists that was mentioned above

Hieronymous Bosch, William Blake--people that were already either visionary, completely nuts or very high

Dante's a little dark but would be fun to pick his brain,

Whoever wrote Revelation--

Don Juan Matus-the Yaqui Indian in the Carlos Castenada books

Taliesin-the last great Celtic Shaman--maybe he could turn me into a raven :biglaugh:

really -- anyone with an active imagination....

I wonder what Gandhi would be like if he was ripped

Edited by mstar1

I think #1 on my list would be Jared Diamond of "Guns, Germs, and Steel" fame.

Then I'd have to second RR's vote for Hunter Thompson.

And then Louie Armstrong and I think I'd be on my lips.

And yes, I do realize that it would require a time machine or maybe a really gifted spirit medium to accomplish most of this...

Remember the show that Dinner Parties that Steve Allen used to host?

My dinner party #1

Jesus

Buddha

Mohammed

Moses

Bertrand Russell

My dinner party # 2

Adam Smith

John Maynard Keynes

Milton Friedman

John Kenneth Galbraith

Karl Marx

My dinner party #3

Winston Churchill

Ghandi

Martin Luther King

Abraham Lincoln

Jimmy Carter

OK...the 'ripped' part is scary to me ... only because God knows what I would act like in front of these people. So, I'm for Oenophile's idea... Dinner Parties.

Dinner parties with loads of wine and whatever substances happened to join the party.

Hank Williams

Van Morrison

Robert Cray

The Director/Producer of the video 'Playing for Change' and all the performers on the video

Albert Einstein

Nelson Mandela

Joni Mitchell

Kate Rusby

Great Big Sea

Mozart

John Mayer

David Suzuki

: )