GreaseSpot Cafe

Questions - B.G. Leonard

ItsStillTheWord

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think that Wierwille's plagarism is beyond argument, his use of the names Maggie Muggins, Henry Bollocco, Johnny Jump-Up, etc., is hardly evidence.

As was previously stated, they were familiar to those who grew up in that time and culture. When somebody today says something is "Mickey-Mouse", we don't think to accuse them of ripping off Disney.

If you'll remember PFAL, they weren't "characters", but casual references whenever Wierwille needed a generic name. I doubt he gave the use of these bnames a second thought. It was only in the 90's when the Rock of Ages was over run with big-headed characters like Mr. Ambassador that they were thought of as anything special.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

I see what you mean Oak about the names... I think it just shows his laziness and a means to an end... he copied most everything else from Leonard's class... couldn't even take time to think up different names... the arrogancy! (of course I don't know if that's a real word)

... I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between...

Well if that's the case, I'm a devil worshipper. I like rock music and fusion jazz. Just goes to show, even "genuine" ministers and men of God have their prejudices. I don't think the Way collapsed because of the style of music thay played. I'd say it was the idolatry of following men instead of serving God.

Peace

JerryB

LOL. That was quite a profound statement, wasn't it? Where's "Obvious Man" when you need him?

Hi Raf, God bless! How've you been?

JerryB