GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened with John Towsend?

themex

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mark, after LCM drew the line, Ricardo returns to Argentina and started to coordinate all the latin American Countries, from Mexico to Argentina. I took my first PFAL class in 1990, the tape class by Gary Curtis (1st Way Corps) and until 1993 Ricardo Caballero send teaching tapes from Argentina. Later they modified the intermediate class and add teachings from Ricardo to the class.

Around that time he got divorced and Su his wife returned to TWI and she was assigned as the country coordinator of Argentina.

In latin America two countries have Way Corps training program Venezuela and Argentina. In both the Word grew a lot.

This link is of the right hand of Ricardo, Eduardo Di Noto.

http://www.palabrasobreelmundo.com.ar

I went to a state function/limb type of thingee over 11 years ago. It was compromised of ex way folks and he taught. Couldn`t tell you which group he was with or if he was just a guest speaker...shrug At the time he seemed to be teaching the same stuff.

Don`t know what he is doing today or what he believes, as people change a lot in a decade.

I do know that during the 90's TWI acted as if Caballero & Townsend never existed and that they had never been on the BOT.

That's true. The Wikipedia entry for The Way International had no mention of them, although they listed all other past trustees. I edited the page to include them. :) That's the beauty of Wikipedia.

:offtopic:

From the Wikipedia entry

At Rock of Ages 1995, the final ROA festival, Martindale, noting no members of the First Way Corps were active with The Way International, designated long-standing Way followers such as Don Wierwille and Dorothy Owens as "The First Corps.

This isn't quite true. It may have been when they were introduced to the general believers but they were designated on an earlier occasion. It took place in the Auditorium during some big Ministry event - maybe it was Corps Week the previous year? (I was present at the event, and very enthusiastic for the new designation for these fine upstanding members of the Way old-timers, but I had been banished by 1995.) Any offers on the date? Othewise, Mark, maybe you can change that in Wiki too?

:offtopic:

From the Wikipedia entry

This isn't quite true. It may have been when they were introduced to the general believers but they were designated on an earlier occasion. It took place in the Auditorium during some big Ministry event - maybe it was Corps Week the previous year? (I was present at the event, and very enthusiastic for the new designation for these fine upstanding members of the Way old-timers, but I had been banished by 1995.) Any offers on the date? Othewise, Mark, maybe you can change that in Wiki too?

Anybody can edit a Wikipedia article. That's the cool thing about it - everyone's knowledge can be pooled together, theoretically. Of course that also means that anything you read there must be taken with a grain of salt, since you never know for sure whether the writer(s) are accurate.

To edit this piece, you'd probably need to be able to provide some kind of documentation for the designation being earlier.

I remember him having more of a heart for people back in those days. Sad he's pushing Chr!$ G33r's organization now.

Yeah, it was him and a few others with a certain charisma and public-speaking ability that really did the heavy-lifting to get the MLM business known as TWI off the ground in the early '70s.

Their adherence STILL to the bankrupt concepts of Wierwilleism is mute testimony to their actual lack of integrity and/or reasoning ability.

He was a nice guy but...

Johnny Townsend (who did a great imitation of VP Cornfield, "bless your heart") ...Sure why not...

I first met him in 1975 when he was limb leader of New York...he used to mow the grass at twi hdqrts...I guess he kissed Vic's arse enough to fall into his favor.

...and yeah. last I heard, he was playing the "Geer card"...a weasly punk in my estimation.

(Edited to remove an uncorroborated fact)

Edited by pawtucket

One wonders how *great* JT could be if he associates with Geere KNOWING what kind of monster the man was. Knowing what VP was....I just have a really tough time reconciling the image of the guy I thought of for so many years as a hero with being complicit with these guys.

I really liked him and Naomi. But then again, they were the ones that insisted that getting pregnant wasn`t a sin....no biggie. rather.... it was in allowing the little paracite to interfere with the completion of ones wow or way corpes commitment that set one outside of God`s will. Might die like Annanias and Saphira when THEY lied to God.

You cannot break a vow to God :( That was what I learned from them during my wow year.

Edited by rascal

Like little toy soldiers they all fall down...

I had always thought of him as being one of the Good ones... Sadly I was mistaken.... IS there one top leader from TWI that was Godly..

I know there were some Twig leaders but

Was anyone who was in a top position... Limb leader or trunk leader etc., a good Godly person or were they all rotten seeds.

I don't think in top leadership there were too many, but then again, we looked to men to define Godly. RD has taken heat for trying to do the right thing.. . . and still does.

There were good men who were Limb Leaders. . . when confronted with all the sewage, they left, and took entire limbs out with them. I would no longer ask if they were Godly, but recognize they did the right thing.

I am thankful for the one who guided my way out. Refused to let anyone follow him further than the door.

Interesting what happened to him when he wouldn`t succumb to the crap once it was clearly unveiled. He was villified as possessed.

Interesting how many people vp and then craig did that to in order to cover their arses with the folks that wouldn`t play ball.

That same garbage filtered down. . . trickle down abuse. . . I was labelled as were many here. . . just not as intensely or publicaly as RD. No guns and dogs held on my kids or belongings either. Too much crazy. Took some serious guts and integrity.

Can you say Christian? Or is it insanity? Really certifiable behavior.

What I have found through the years Geisha, is that one persons hero in twi was another`s night mare.

Ralph D. is the only leader in all of the years that I have read gs that not had someone come forward and accuse of misconduct.

He is one of the few with the courage to post here and answer the tough questions.

Frankly, given their fruit, I don`t believe that many of the leaders were Christian...so that leaves insane. I don`t believe that twi doctrine was condusive to introducing folks to living a Christian life style.