GreaseSpot Cafe

Current TWI headcount?

JustThinking

There's been a fair number of smaller twi groups . . . "We love God but not the Trinity" I found comical.

Yes I would find that one comical too--but sad also.

I just don't know what to say to those still involved....I have been delivered from SO much! I didn't realize how big a burden and how hot the water was OR how poisonous that koolaid was. Detox was hell!

Yes I would find that one comical too--but sad also.

I just don't know what to say to those still involved....I have been delivered from SO much! I didn't realize how big a burden and how hot the water was OR how poisonous that koolaid was. Detox was hell!

hmmmmmm...... Facebook...

Pengiun,... That group you mentioned with over 1200 members only has about 20 posts from fifteen people for the whole month.

There are several smaller "Way" Facebook Groups found

That largest one (that Penguin mentioned)

Followers of The Way - We Love God and His Word

started on July 12 2006 and the entire volume of their board (from 2006 to present) is about the same as a good weekend on GreaseSpot Cafe

This next one is a closed group for kids (Children)

GLOBAL YOUTH FELLOWSHIP FOR FOLLOWERS OF THE WAY INTERNATIONAL

Next - A closed Group - I'll assume Ball State Uni.

The Way Campus Ministries (bsu Chapter)

The groups below seem to be private ventures

Not many people post here,... 72 members, but only 10 posts since 2007 by 8 people

the way believer's group

This one seems to have "ended" (maybe not) high school & college aged kids

I want to know what goes on at The Way

More or less a one man show 29 posts - most of which are between Haloween & Thanksgiving (last year)

The Kids of The Way

The Way International (past and present)

Former Members of The Way International

haven't seen it.. there was some kind of page hosted by current way guy.. I think they pulled the plug on it..

now they are on facebook? for how long I wonder..

The Family Tables: A Website for the Household of the Way

Is this the one you were talking about Ham? It seems inactive.

[hmmmmmm...... Facebook...

Pengiun,... That group you mentioned with over 1200 members only has about 20 posts from fifteen people for the whole month.

There are several smaller "Way" Facebook Groups found

That largest one (that Penguin mentioned)

Followers of The Way - We Love God and His Word

started on July 12 2006 and the entire volume of their board (from 2006 to present) is about the same as a good weekend on GreaseSpot Cafe

I agree not much activity on their wall--but it seems a daily verse goes out. I do have some innie friends on FB and I see comments on the verses pop up every now and then. I was invited to join several times but I have ignored. I have moved on...

Welcome by the way--I've been gone so long from regular activity here that I don't believe we've met!

• 2 weeks later...

I left three years ago but my father and lots of friends are still deeply in it. When I left I was in CT. We had about 100 people in the state, if I remember correctly. I'm in Colorado right now. Back when we were branch coordinators there was probably close to 150 in our branch alone (colorado springs). I'd say right now, in c. springs, there's probably less than 100? I think I remember my dad telling me the global count was around 2000. We went to Colombia a few years ago and there was probably about 20 there? HQ really was pushing New Zealand a few years ago too.

Welcome Karwin54! Nice to have you here. How was New zealand middlle earth was filmed there. Too bad zena and hercules are'nt filmed there anymore.

Zena now portrayed by Ms. Rosie and herc by Mr. Linder. shudder :biglaugh: (should be Xena, warrior princess). reminds me of The Sword of the Seeker.

or The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings

• Upvote 1

Zena now portrayed by Ms. Rosie and herc by Mr. Linder. shudder biglaugh.gif (should be Xena, warrior princess). reminds me of The Sword of the Seeker.

or The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings

It could be worse ted rami was jocker the mighty. Now all they have to do is bring bruse cambell back. AHHHHHHH!biglaugh.gif

Thanks, Karwin. :)

My wary brain is telling me that they are bragging on NZ because there are hardly any US wayfers who can verify any stats they may be throwing at them. <_<

Maybe NZ *did* really have a "successful" term, but how does that compare to days gone past? Is it successful compared to US WDs who don't get any new people? Just getting one or two would be reason to brag, no?

And, I wonder how many make it through the whole class and, if any do, how many of those stick around?

TWI just continues to twist the facts to suit their pockets. What happened to Rise and Expansion? More like Shrinkage! in my not so humble opinion.

Thanks, Karwin. :)

My wary brain is telling me that they are bragging on NZ because there are hardly any US wayfers who can verify any stats they may be throwing at them. <_<

Maybe NZ *did* really have a "successful" term, but how does that compare to days gone past? Is it successful compared to US WDs who don't get any new people? Just getting one or two would be reason to brag, no?

And, I wonder how many make it through the whole class and, if any do, how many of those stick around?

TWI just continues to twist the facts to suit their pockets. What happened to Rise and Expansion? More like Shrinkage! in my not so humble opinion.

Well, I can't speak for New Zealand but my first go round as Way Disciple in 1998 we had 16 folks and split them into two classes that run simultaneously. I stayed on after WD and ran a fellowship. After approximately 6 months or so all of them were gone except one person and she eventually let. Since Craig was ousted Way Disciple participation plummeted and it's quite a challenge to put classes together with the boring crap put out by the way international these days. For fun let's do a little basic math.

16 way disciples for 40 hours per week for 26 weeks = 16,640 man hours spent witnessing, under-shepherding, and such.

16 people at $100 per head for the class and any residual ABS at $2640 ($1600 in class revenue and let's throw $1040 as an abs number figured at $10.00 an hour / $400 per week gives $40 per week at %10)

Mmmm - let's forget about the fulltime Branch / Limb guy that spent lots of time with us and running the classes etc.

Mmmm...someone needs to teach them the value of a profit/loss report...lol

But, Belle, as you so aptly point out indirectly they have lots of free labor lining their pockets. The math is lame but gives a estimated snapshot at how incredibly wasteful they are, all the while claiming they steward every penny. :blink:

But, Belle, as you so aptly point out indirectly they have lots of free labor lining their pockets. The math is lame but gives a estimated snapshot at how incredibly wasteful they are, all the while claiming they steward every penny. :blink:

Ha! Bean counter that I am, I've been figuring inside sales quotas vs. salaries lately and, I'd have to say it's pretty pathetic and, given TWI's success vs. the $$ outlayed, it's pretty darn pathetic.

Lends much weight to the theory that they are only keeping TWI as viable as they need to in order to support the lifestyle of those able to take notes to AP that say "I'm going shopping tomorrow and need $1,000" ..... Given the amount of ABS tucked away and invested, I'll say TWI will be around for many years to come regardless of the "membership".

BTW, which end of the Goldman-Sachs Fraud were they on? :wink2: