GreaseSpot Cafe

WayGB still actively monitor this site

skyrider

He suggested that I talk to the Region Coordinator TH, who was due to teach WayAP live in Lincoln. TH, Reynolds said, would be able to answer my specific questions because he had researched and studied to ready himself to teach the class.

When I finally met with TH he told me that he didn't need to study or research what was in the class: if it was good enough for the Trustees, then it was good enough for him.

That was the last straw for me

Can't call them Bereans. I can't remember the teaching or the circumstances, but I do remember coming home and telling my husband that for a "research" ministry, people didn't do a whole lot of research, or thinking, or anything else that involved intellect.

I'm now wondering about Don Wierwille. Did he believe the sale? Was he in it for the money and fame too? since vpw was supposed to have planned this, did he sacrifice his son?

Don was vpw's son, no?

Don left his job in Wisconisin as school principal/administrator to head up the Way College of Emporia. They needed his PhD degree to make the school legitimate. He should have been like his two Wierwille sisters---remain outside the fray and raise your families independent of the "family business." When he was away from VPW, he was a very easy going, kind and gentle man.

I always saw a look of discomfort in his eyes when his father was around. VP always bullied Don from the time he was a young boy.

I think he was bullied into becoming part of the nightmare.

Don left his job in Wisconisin as school principal/administrator to head up the Way College of Emporia. They needed his PhD degree to make the school legitimate. He should have been like his two Wierwille sisters---remain outside the fray and raise your families independent of the "family business." When he was away from VPW, he was a very easy going, kind and gentle man.

I always saw a look of discomfort in his eyes when his father was around. VP always bullied Don from the time he was a young boy.

Honour thy father and mother, that it may be well with thee, and you'll live long on the earth.

Ha! What a joke.

Just to clarify abit...........when Don came to Emporia, he did not have a PhD degree. When twi acquired the College of Emporia, twi worked towards transferring that accreditation to The Way College of Emporia. As active Dean of twi's "college".......Don was utilizing the block system and work/study program as his thesis paper.

Here is what My3Cents posted on the Ordination According to twi thread.

My3Cents Jan 12 2004, 05:06 PM

Don was a principle of a High School in Wisconsin - if memory serves. I'm guessing he had earned a Master's degree. He was not active as a leader in the way till his daddy bought the Emporia Campus and Don came down to run it and get his PhD at a nearby college. He used his work running Emporia as his thesis.

The plan was to buy Emporia in such a way as to keep it legally as the same entity and hence grandfather the accrediation. This would allow some way corps to get $$ from the GI bill to pay for tuition etc. But the deal fell thru and they ended up with the campus and buildings etc. but no accrediation. I don't know if they got snookered by the sellers, or their legal team bungled the deal.

Anyway Don got a campus to play with and use for his PhD thesis. My personal opinion (with no evidence other than my feeling from knowing Don personally) is that Don would probably not have gotten involved with the way if that had not happened. Don was a principle of a High School in Wisconsin - if memory serves. I'm guessing he had earned a Master's degree. He was not active as a leader in the way till his daddy bought the Emporia Campus and Don came down to run it and get his PhD at a nearby college. He used his work running Emporia as his thesis.

Edited by skyrider

If I were to speculate on the *characters who monitor this site*......

3) Mr. R3ynolds........an oklahoma guy and did a short term assignment as trustee (until rosalie got agitated with him). He and rosalie were summoned to that confrontation meeting when P@ul All3n learned that martindale was "doing" his wife.

:evildenk:

What did he do to agitate her? I hadn't heard that before. TIA.

JT

Friends at the Café, the most wonderful thing happened in church this week. The vicar (Paul) was preaching on “Fatherlessness” and our resistance to authority. It was a very tender sermon. His tenet was that was a father most wants for his children is for them to be Safe, and that’s why He gives instruction and guidance. Paul acknowledged that some fathers have been very bad, even abusive; and he also acknowledged that some churches have bad leadership and have been abusive towards the congregation. He emphasized that we need to know the scriptures, to know the difference between true and false prophets.

At the end of the sermon, one of the musicians gently played the guitar whilst Paul prayed,

Then there was a hymn and after the hymn, although Paul doesn’t like to speak or go back to his sermon after its conclusion, he said he felt the Lord wanted him to say something. What he said was this:

“That on behalf of any church, any church ministers that have abused you, he apologized, he was sorry, and he acknowledged that abuse had occurred.”

I’m sorry, I don’t remember his precise words; this is the gist. It was heartfelt. He apologized. Apologized!

It was a spontaneous thing: the sermon is posted on the internet and the church is big enough that we have two identical services back to back in the morning. He didn’t say this the first time round, only at the second service, that I attended.

Perhaps because of the “WayGB is monitoring” thread and my own earlier post on this, just wanting an apology – this was so appropriate, so wonderful.

By this time, tears were leaking out of my eyes in a significant way. It was tears of thankfulness to my Father, tears of love and grace, tears of joy.

I doubt any apology will ever be forthcoming from TWI.

But I got the apology my heart desired, even if God had to work in the heart of a minister from a completely different church, to deliver it.

I'm posting this on the “WayGB is monitoring” thread and starting a new thread. I want anyone at TWI who is reading this to understand that God has arranged an apology on their behalf; and the effect that apology has had. See? Saying sorry is easy!

To other hurt people: this may be the only apology you get, too. It was heartfelt. Try to accept it.

I am not the only cult escapee in this congregation. I know there are at least two Plymouth Brethren from different groups; don’t know who else, and there are other people who have come from legalistic church backgrounds of all denominations. Paul knows the damage that can be done.

Suggest if you want to comment on this apology (as opposed to commenting abotu WayGB) you do so on the other thread.

What did he do to agitate her? I hadn't heard that before. TIA.

JT

From what I heard, JR didn't *rubber stamp* rosalie's decisions all the time.

Remember, there was a period of time.......May 2000 - Aug 2004......when 4 or 5 region guys left twi. In fact, 3 of twi's former TRUNK COORDINATORS walked away from twi's payroll.......L@llys, P@narellos, and F0rts. Yes, even Howard Allen's son-in-law wanted to get a secular job (distancing himself....???.....but still "an innie").

Perhaps, JR spoke his mind to rosalie in the midst of these flurry of escapees????

What did he do to agitate her? I hadn't heard that before.

Can;'t remember the exact points Reynolds made, but on two occasions almost back to back, teaching once to the Corps and once at a Sunday Night, he screwed up his teachings, and one of them made Rosalie look bad, almost remember it being something how he used her as an example in the teaching and shared things she didn't want known and really made her look a bit foolish. Well, him too! lol.. It was so bad that it was the only time I had been in TWI that they actually sent out a "CORRECTION" teaching to try and fix HIS mistakes.. (Only to the Corps of course)..

After that, everything changed to the ol' read the script teachings... Boredom!

Yup, blame ol' Reynolds for that! His public speaking skills were almost nill, and Rosalie hated that since he being that example to the people as a Trustee. And those 2 instances almost one week after the other, sealed the deal.

It wasn't much longer after those instances, that Reynolds was isolated to only be working in the Purchasing department and a couple other small departments at HQ. All his other "duties" were stripped from him. Well, they made it look like they were spreading the load and helping out. Most his departments were given to good ol 'Linder' to oversee and couple extra to Harv' Pl@tig at the time, but mostly Linder... And a year after that.. Reynolds was demoted out of the Trustees... Well, ok, emeritus.. But, we all knew what really happened.

Edited by TrustAndObey

From what I heard, JR didn't *rubber stamp* rosalie's decisions all the time.

Perhaps, JR spoke his mind to rosalie in the midst of these flurry of escapees????

In all the meetings I was aware or a part of with the Trustees, I can't ever recall a time when JR stood against Rosalie, maybe suggested alternatives, but if anything he always seemed like a quiet reserved person in most meetings, never offering a whole lot extra other than going with the flow.. Hey, but there could have been some..

Now, Pl@tig on the other hand.. Oh yeah.. He actually would take a stand at times. Actually made me respect him a bit more, except for all the other times he dissed the Word and God's people so he could agree with the ministry as a whole, so he gained some, lost some. And well, he's a company man for the good of the ministry he was a part of.. Reynolds.. He was more a quiet, kind, I'll do what asked of me, but I may not agree internally, only unsure of himself. And if perchance an opportunity how rare it is, he'd speak, but mostly, uncertain, so do it the leaders way!

Those are my personal takes, and may or may not actually be true.. But it's what I saw in each when I spent time with either.

The ironic part of this thread to me is how many people find this type of behavior bizarre. I suspect SOME of us might have either gone along or been in agreement once upon a time? And, yes, I would have been one of them. It's probably something to feel good about.

So does anyone know what exactly they DO with this information? Just before I left, we were being asked to report on suspicious folks. It was after the Galatians tapes came out and everything was being watched. That staff at HQ were doing the same thing is no surprise. There's probably a big database somewhere keeping all of this information.

Hmm...that IS a scary thought. (Sorry for the stream of consciousness here...) All of those Corps papers, personal reports, etc. I bet they keep EVERYTHING. When communism fell, the problems didn't end. The government spied on everyone and when the files became public... Well, it wasn't pretty. If TWI folds, what would happen to all of the WayGB files? A LOT of people potentially could be hurt.

Geez, just when you thought they might just be decaying into a bunch of old toothless loonies...

JT

p.s. I will put this in a separate thread as it might be a bit off topic.

Edited by JustThinking

• 3 weeks later...
Can;'t remember the exact points Reynolds made, but on two occasions almost back to back, teaching once to the Corps and once at a Sunday Night, he screwed up his teachings, and one of them made Rosalie look bad, almost remember it being something how he used her as an example in the teaching and shared things she didn't want known and really made her look a bit foolish. Well, him too! lol.. It was so bad that it was the only time I had been in TWI that they actually sent out a "CORRECTION" teaching to try and fix HIS mistakes.. (Only to the Corps of course)..

After that, everything changed to the ol' read the script teachings... Boredom!

Yup, blame ol' Reynolds for that! His public speaking skills were almost nill, and Rosalie hated that since he being that example to the people as a Trustee. And those 2 instances almost one week after the other, sealed the deal.

It wasn't much longer after those instances, that Reynolds was isolated to only be working in the Purchasing department and a couple other small departments at HQ. All his other "duties" were stripped from him. Well, they made it look like they were spreading the load and helping out. Most his departments were given to good ol 'Linder' to oversee and couple extra to Harv' Pl@tig at the time, but mostly Linder... And a year after that.. Reynolds was demoted out of the Trustees... Well, ok, emeritus.. But, we all knew what really happened.

So.......all those 'reports' about reynolds needing to step down from trustee level because of health issues were merely DAMAGE CONTROL at the trustee level...????

Well, John......it looks like 'what you sow, you reap.'

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

. .. It was so bad that it was the only time I had been in TWI that they actually sent out a "CORRECTION" teaching to try and fix HIS mistakes.. (Only to the Corps of course)..

. . .

:offtopic:

Do you remember D@ve P@tterson had his STS edited, and an announcement was made at least? What you hear on the tape and what was said live were two different things. I think this is when they were trying to change the idea that fear causes bad things to happen to you, and he wasn't taking the hint. I don't think a correction teaching was done is this case though.

It's probably something to feel good about.

:doh::biglaugh:

these people really really need to get out more often and get a life somewhere.

Sorry for laughing I know its serious to some people but when I see something like this-

Just before I was thrown out they confronted me with printouts of many of my posts

-I have to wonder just how pathetic someones life can get that they feel compelled to monitor internet posts to throw people out of their little dwindling group.

ah yup--its the more abundant life alright :rolleyes:

Edited by mstar1
  • Upvote 1

Hi WayGB :wave:

Do your kids read this stuff? If they did, I doubt they'd care. They're an odd bunch.

kids ??...........yeah, like their college grad 'kids' really care. Maybe the Moneyhands' kid (corps grad).....if he reads this stuff, but any others, I seriously doubt it.

As life marches on quickly.........the spies are nearing 60, or in their 60's. R3ynolds is like 65, and maybe he no longer is assigned to give GS reports.. ??

Heck, even wierwille retired at 65............but then, his "retirement fund" was set for life.

<_<

Considering Rosalie made Reynolds step down for exposing her, so to speak, is that something she came up with on her own, or had she seen vpee do the same thing to other high ranking leaders before?  

Can anyone recall vpee ever demoting someone of high rank in a major way because he made vpee look bad? 

Just before I was thrown out they confronted me with printouts of many of my posts. Keeping the household clean and pure doncha know?

Can you spell Fahrenheit 451? Obsolete? 1984? You have sectarian books!!! You are under arrest for having printed material that does not have the approval of the Ministry of Truth

• Upvote 1

kids ??...........yeah, like their college grad 'kids' really care. Maybe the Moneyhands' kid (corps grad).....if he reads this stuff, but any others, I seriously doubt it.

. . .

I wonder when they'll start making coloring books of vpw for the grandchildren.

Protect the legend. That's all that matters.

I think if Twinky was in New Zealand for awhile, she will know that the next generation of waygb losers have already been spawned, in fact the minions there really picked up well lcms' predilection for abuse, control, sexual promiscuity etc..

Some of them are on the waycorps site.

Can you spell Fahrenheit 451? Obsolete? 1984? You have sectarian books!!! You are under arrest for having printed material that does not have the approval of the Ministry of Truth

...and twi always played the mind control game. The sad truth is that they have been reduced to a sick little cult that long ago abandoned their mission. Their only interest is to keep their tax exempt business going and living off the assets of the glory years. They remind me of an R. Crumb comic book. Pathetic, twisted and perverse.

• Upvote 1