GreaseSpot Cafe

WayGB still actively monitor this site

skyrider

BA, the most TWI had as grads of PFAL worldwide was !00 thousand during the 70's and most ROA ever had was around 40k. btw, in my Dennis the meance voice"Hello Mister Linder" :eusa_clap::biglaugh:

and to Rosie the riverter, as Jerry Lewis "Hey LADY" :biglaugh::who_me:

Thanks Broken Arrow, What About It and all, for the clarification.

Numbers mean next to nothing. What's the worth of a single soul? What is yours worth to you? and would you willingly trade it for (fill in the blank) if you knew you might never get it back, in this life or the next? Christian's believe they can be saved but that's no reason to promote bad behavior.

I can picture counting heads if you want to make sure there's enough food to go around for everyone. That would make sense. :)

As always if anyone's blessed right outta their shorts and needs to unload some love-cash somewhere quickly please know that I, socks, am always ready to fulfill that need. Numbers mean nothing but quality people like yourself will always be few and far between. Let's get the Giving Count up! and keep this buggy moving and tricked out - your faith deserves no less than the best - send it right now directly to Finally_AHomeForMyMoney@soxAtyourService.com and you will get your very own copy of my latest book, "The Real You Can Be Beautiful Too - Just Like Me!" Deacons are standing by.

BA, the most TWI had as grads of PFAL worldwide was !00 thousand during the 70's and most ROA ever had was around 40k. btw, in my Dennis the meance voice"Hello Mister Linder" :eusa_clap::biglaugh:

Ah, no, that was an inflated figure, even then.

There were never 100,000 pfal grads.

There were supposedly 100,000 people worldwide who had ever SIGNED UP for pfal.

When I took pfal, there were 8 new students signed up for that class.

7 students showed up to Session 1.

3 students completed Session 12.

I think we had more attrition than most, but it's still common that the number

of people SIGNED UP for pfal was much higher than the number of people who

COMPLETED pfal.

Then there's the people who vanished right after Session 12, and those who

walked out in the 3 months following.

A more accurate measure would have been the number of INTERMEDIATE CLASS

grads.

==============

The best rule of thumb has usually been the ROA attendance x 2= current total of members.

("FOLLOWERS.")

So, IIRC, about 40,000 people in 1979 (about 20,000 attendees at ROA 79.)

There were quite a lot of strictures in the OT about counting the number of people one was responsible for...or not counting. Off the top of my head, this is the only quote that I can think of, and it's when David had already started a head count of how many people "he" had rule over: but I think there are other scriptures that say that no count was to be taken at all.

23 But David took not the number of them from twenty years old and under: because the LORD had said he would increase Israel like to the stars of the heavens.

24 Joab the son of Zeruiah began to number, but he finished not, because there fell wrath for it against Israel; neither was the number put in the account of the chronicles of king David.

Counting how many people you "have" on your membership role, etc, is all about ego. How important you are; not how important God is.

Yes, there is wisdom in knowing approximately, so that you can plan somewhat for the future; but (as that lovely (cough) "ministry" would say): "it's all about heart. What's the heart behind it?" And if TWI is counting numbers, one thing is certain, it's not because they want to plan to bless them all.

I'd say ego is part of it. Considering the emphasis vision and direction puts on money I would surmise it's also about financial projections. They run their operations on a shoestring even though they have millions horded away in assets.

• 7 years later...

Mr. Linder is TWI's version of Mike Rinder, before he left Scientology. Will Linder likewise leave the hallowed grounds of TWI and do a similar TV expose?

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2009 at 0:52 PM, leafytwiglet said:

I am guessing Both.

After reading some of the stuff in the old posts and knowing that there are lots of believers still out there who have not found their way here yet. I am thinking Both!

Edited to add... plus who knows what is going on today there. We could hear much worse in the future.

Leafy, wow!! I hope not, but you do have a good point.  I for one, don't know what is going in TWI.  Someday, someone may post the latest "news"; who knows what it may be.

On 3/19/2009 at 10:56 AM, pawtucket said:

A number of years ago, a friend of mine was in New Knoxville driving further up, decided to see what she could see. I was in chat and said to the chatters where she was, less than a minute later the "Way Police" come storming down the drive to her car.

Yes they watch.

Another poster said something in the forums and a few days later received a package from them with all of his posts in print about 200 pages.

Paw, what a waste of time, and money!!  If I had a lot of money, I would get a dog!!  Woof, woof!!

On 3/24/2009 at 11:19 AM, Rejoice said:

Don left his job in Wisconisin as school principal/administrator to head up the Way College of Emporia. They needed his PhD degree to make the school legitimate. He should have been like his two Wierwille sisters---remain outside the fray and raise your families independent of the "family business." When he was away from VPW, he was a very easy going, kind and gentle man.

I always saw a look of discomfort in his eyes when his father was around. VP always bullied Don from the time he was a young boy.

I think he was bullied into becoming part of the nightmare.

Rejoice, I can not imagine having VPW as a father. Poor Don.

On 8/5/2010 at 2:31 PM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

and to Rosie the riverter, as Jerry Lewis "Hey LADY" :biglaugh::who_me:

(as Dennis the Meance Mitchell), Hello Mister Linder! RIP, Jerry Lewis