GreaseSpot Cafe

A great idea

Mister P-Mosh

This probably doesn't deserve an entire thread, but I thought it would maybe turn interesting if enough people have their own crazy ideas.

So a friend was recently harassed by the police for carrying a camera tripod. They thought it was a tripod for a gun (although in the history of this country, I seriously doubt many if any crimes have been committed with tripod-mounted rifles) and he was worried that he would be shot.

Anyway, after hearing of this story and hearing from another friend how his dad made a gun's tripod into a camera tripod, I got an idea. Imagine this:

Gun-shaped digital cameras.

It would come natural to many of us, and techniques for holding guns steady already exist. While I imagine there would be a lot of negative points about such a camera, it is still an interesting idea.

So what bad ideas like this can you all come up with?

Imagine this:

Beautiful - I wonder how many soccer moms would be gunned down in the first week under suspicion of being crack dealers or perhaps for aiming a copy of a lethal weapon at the little league team. But to go along with your idea you could revive an old 1960's KODAK commercial...I think it was the KODAK Instamatic..."Just point <pause> and shoot."

Edited by RumRunner

My workshop is in a cinder block building--It was too nice outside today to work....I went outside and painted the cinder blocks to look like bricks ---just bored with regular work i guess--I dont know if that counts for anything but it looks a helluva lot better than it did----and nobody thought I was shooting them.....I think I'll plant ivy to cover the walls....

Edited by mstar1

My shop is in a cinder block building--It was too nice outside today to work....I went outside and painted the cinder blocks to look like bricks ---just bored with regular work i guess--I dont know if that counts for anything but it looks a helluva lot better than it did----and nobody thought I was shooting them.....

You should paint another wall to look like the devil from athletes of the spirit. Nobody would understand it except you and other ex-TWI folks and whenever another former TWI person went to visit, you two could have a good laugh. "Ooooh, I'm supposed to be frightened by an oversized rainbow-colored amoeba."

I could do that....Ive moved on....I wouldnt mind a mural on the building but I'd have to think about what it would be....maybe one of those faux paintings that makes the building disappear into the landscape.

That'd be sorta fun --- if I could pull it off :biglaugh:

Well, it's an idea for a home based business, since most if not all are scams. It started on the phone with my son today and we had a good laugh although it's just crazy enough to work. Here's the gist: design a webpage that offers to have someone call them on their birthday to wish them a happy birthday, or on a holiday to wish them a happy holiday. For only 59 cents, definitely less than the price of your cup of coffee you have in your hand right now, i, we, us, our company, etc. will call you on your birthday to wish you a happy one. I, we, our company, etc, accepts MC, Visa, Paypal, etc.

Now remember, I thot it up, so if you run with this and become the next internet millionaire, please remember me. No, no, on second thot, if you run with this and become the next internet millionaire, pay it forward.

It would come natural to many of us, and techniques for holding guns steady already exist.

While I imagine there would be a lot of negative points about such a camera, it is still an interesting idea.

So what bad ideas like this can you all come up with?

Imagine hauling this BBQ grill down the road behind your truck, en route to a "get-together"! :biglaugh:

BBQGrill.jpg